Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Comcast wants fox! Puts bigger bid then disney.

Note that Disney still get ff and X-Men back if Comcast buys (the rights will revert back to marvel) but Disney won't get the other shows and movies like simpsons. Also Comcast can use the other movies in universal studios parks. What will fox do?

Interesting. In all honesty, I am just hoping for Marvel Studios to get back the X-Men and F4 franchises. If they don't get their hands on things like Simpsons, 24, X-Files, etc...I'm actually perfectly OK with that.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Yea if its 100% confirmed that they revert back to marvel i could care less about the rest. Maybe not getting that content will force Disney to make more original stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea if its 100% confirmed that they revert back to marvel i could care less about the rest. Maybe not getting that content will force Disney to make more original stuff
    This. Just let me get the X and FF back. Otherwise comcast needs to stop cokblocking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yes I'm also pretty much selfish on this one. If Disney has to buy Fox to get the X-Men and the FF into the MCU, then I hope they win this. If Disney will get the X-Men and the FF regardless of who gets FOX, I could care less who wins. I'm just tired of everybody wanting to start their own streaming service. I'm not buying two or three streaming services. If it's not going to be on Netflix, well, it would be nice to see it but I won't.
    Power with Girl is better.

Keep in mind monopoly wasn't intended to cover one company owning a lot of the IPs within that specific business, monopoly is meant to apply to companies owning multiple connected businesses that directly impact each other, like the old Railway Barons owning the steel mills and the railroads that transported said steel thus being able to control the entire industry on multiple levels

A telecomm company owning a bunch of IPs, and all the means to DISTRIBUTE said IPs is the big blaring red sign here

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's plenty of movie studios still in operation. Comcast lawyers are full of shit.
    Comcast likely knows they have to try ANYTHING to get the company and it means scaring the stockholders to side with them. But one look at reports can tell you that Comcast likely will destroy itself with this deal by tripling its debt load.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I am fine with it. A lot of fans would be as they are interested in X-Men and FF. But Disney won't be. X-Men and FF was not the reason for their bidding. They want content for their upcoming streaming service.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-07-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I've seen different reports on marvel getting the FF and xmen rights back if fox is sold.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I've seen different reports on marvel getting the FF and xmen rights back if fox is sold.
    Ssme here. Fox cant sell the rights since they dont out right own them. But I've seen conflicting reports saying that Comcast would acquire 21st century fox as a whole so fox would still technically own the rights and would keep them. Then I've seen people say it doesnt work that way.

This is preferable to avoid Disney monopoly. If Comcast buys Fox, then will Fox be absorbed by Universal or exist as its own separate thing?

Now the thing that remains to be seen if this scenario plays out is what happens to the X-Men/FF rights.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Interesting. In all honesty, I am just hoping for Marvel Studios to get back the X-Men and F4 franchises. If they don't get their hands on things like Simpsons, 24, X-Files, etc...I'm actually perfectly OK with that.
    Same here. As long as all the Marvel properties go back to Marvel/Disney great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    but Disney won't get the other shows and movies like simpsons.
    D'oh! But I was hoping for Disney World to announce the opening of Itchy and Scratchy Land right next to the Magic Kingdom!
    I guess I'll just have to be content with it being part of Universal's Islands of Adventure. Or maybe next to that Simpson's ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Comcast is actually the worst scenario if someone is worried about monopolies given telecommunications is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Wasn't this deal finalized, pending regulatory approval? How is Comcast able to make an offer at this point? Do contracts mean anything?

Hope this doesn't happen. Comcast is an awful corporation.
    Exactly this. Disney's not perfect by any means, but they're really much less sinister than Comcast.

No mistake, Disney would want to be a monopoly just as much as Comcast does. But Disney tends to be much fairer and equitable when it comes to absorbing smaller corporations, and they have a history of actually of heeding customer concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Wasn't this deal finalized, pending regulatory approval? How is Comcast able to make an offer at this point? Do contracts mean anything?

Hope this doesn't happen. Comcast is an awful corporation.
    Disney offered more perks, payouts, royalty shares, and money.

Comcast straight up offered more CASH. Fox needs a cash infusion right now BUT if they take the cash, they'll be out of monies in the long term.

The Mouse's deal keeps Fox alive and able to transition later. The Comcast deal offers Fox the ability to convert now but have no money in the future baring large profits.

With no studio or show money coming in ... Fox will die a slow death taking the Comcast deal. Unless their Sports and News idea makes WAY more money than anybody is expecting.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium