Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    And they're probably going to pull the rights back after A4 and SMHC3 is done.
    Doubtful. Unless their Spiderverse movies succeed a lot more than most people think, there's simply too much money to be made for both sides by leaving Spider-Man in the MCU.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Doubtful. Unless their Spiderverse movies succeed a lot more than most people think, there's simply too much money to be made for both sides by leaving Spider-Man in the MCU.
    That would be the smart thing to do but no one expects that to happen. These Spiderverse movies are happening because Sony wants the whole pie not just a piece.

Disney is not doing this for Marvel IP's that's just a bonus they want the entire Fox library.

They want shows for their streaming service and full rights to a new hope. The marvel stuff is a nice extra but if not they had tons of other heroes they can use. Universal has park rights to most of the marvel stuff plus simpsons so they can't use those in the park. (marvel can be used in every park but Disneyworld however. That's why Disneyland is getting a marvel area. Also "new" heroes like gotg can be used. Simpsons can't be uses anywhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That would be the smart thing to do but no one expects that to happen.
    "No one?" Who's "no one?" I have yet to hear anyone not on this message board say they think the deal is going to end.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

"No one?" Who's "no one?" I have yet to hear anyone not on this message board say they think the deal is going to end.
    The deal is only for five movies. Civil War, Avengers 3 & 4, Homcoming and it's sequel. I sincerely doubt Sony will renew their deal after Marvel made Spider-Man worth a shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The deal is only for five movies. Civil War, Avengers 3 & 4, Homcoming and it's sequel. I sincerely doubt Sony will renew their deal after Marvel made Spider-Man worth a shit again.
    IIRC, it's for six, three Spider-Man movies and it makes no sense at all to end the deal when it's still this profitable. But you still didn't answer the question. Who else thinks the deal is going to end?

IIRC, it's for six, three Spider-Man movies and it makes no sense at all to end the deal when it's still this profitable. But you still didn't answer the question. Who else thinks the deal is going to end?
    Amy Pascal said it would end with the Homecoming sequel.

It depends on how Venom and Into the Spider-Verse fare at the box office though. If both are successes and Sony is confident in making non-MCU related Spider-films again, I think they will be comfortable bringing in say, Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock/Venom to guest star in Homecoming 3 as opposed to Black Panther. So the deal may end.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Amy Pascal said it would end with the Homecoming sequel.

It depends on how Venom and Into the Spider-Verse fare at the box office though. If both are successes and Sony is confident in making non-MCU related Spider-films again, I think they will be comfortable bringing in say, Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock/Venom to guest star in Homecoming 3 as opposed to Black Panther. So the deal may end.
    Hey we agree on something I completely agree with if their films do well they'll use Holland's last contracted Spider-Man film which Marvel Studios currently has no say in as a way to connect their spinoff spiderverse into the MCU. Now the good Angel side of me wants Marvel and Sony to work things out and the devil side want this to happen. I could see Marvel Studios being pissed at that and start trying to mother F Sony going forward imagine Marvel Studios releasing a Black Widow film the same weekend Sony releases Silver and Black down the road as an hypothetical example it could be amusing to watch.

Silver and Black will never get made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Hey we agree on something I completely agree with if their films do well they'll use Holland's last contracted Spider-Man film which Marvel Studios currently has no say in as a way to connect their spinoff spiderverse into the MCU. Now the good Angel side of me wants Marvel and Sony to work things out and the devil side want this to happen. I could see Marvel Studios being pissed at that and start trying to mother F Sony going forward imagine Marvel Studios releasing a Black Widow film the same weekend Sony releases Silver and Black down the road as an hypothetical example it could be amusing to watch.
    Some things like Feige confirming the debut of yet another high schooler (Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel) so soon after Peter's debut in the MCU fit into the scenario of him knowing there's a strong chance the deal may end. Also, I was reading one of his interviews recently where they asked if after the Fox takeover, whether Marvel will finally have all of its characters under one roof and Feige stressed that Spider-Man and his universe were still not a part of Marvel owned movie rights, which I found telling at the time.

Lol I don't think they'll be as petty to release a movie on the same weekend as a Sony Spider spin-off though. Both films will have the Marvel logo before them (albeit one with "In association with Marvel") and Disney/Marvel can make even more money from the Spider-Universe merchandising that they do own the rights to, and which would become even more lucrative than it currently is if the Sony spin-offs are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Some things like Feige confirming the debut of yet another high schooler (Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel) so soon after Peter's debut in the MCU fit into the scenario of him knowing there's a strong chance the deal may end.
    "Sort of in the works" does not equal "confirming the debut" and certainly not soon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And this right here is why Net Neutrality was murdered. Why put in the effort to outdo the competition when it is so much cheaper to make them go awasy?
    that plan might have had a very small chance work if the competion were local.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    that plan might have had a very small chance work if the competion were local.
    Competition? For high speed internet? Where do you live that such a thing exists? I've only ever had the choice between one cable company for high speed and much slower DSL, until I moved across the country and had no high speed option until a couple months ago.

Ya but spider Man used right doesn't really need the MCU if I was Sony I'd like to be on my own again you can always go back if needed.