Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also from reports Comcast is trying to line up investment banks to get them the money to do the deal. Its not that they have more than $60 billion in cash reserves , its just that they have to borrow to make the deal happen. Disney meanwhile seems to be setting the deal up with cash and stock , which as posted above works for Murdoch. He'll get 25% of Disney stock and that is a great prime spot.

Also without a movie studio to do films , its kinda silly to think that Fox in its next form will be able to make films and hold onto Marvel film rights. Because without a film studio how exactly do they move forward with that ? If someone says they can approach another studio to do films , well its not gonna be so easy to put a film into production.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They've already proved they will put out an absolute piece of crap to keep the rights. They are big enough that they can take the loss to keep the rights until they get their ducks in a row. If they really didn't care they wouldn't keep doing it.
    They are not going to keep on doing it. They are selling out to Disney. They have even postponed 2 X movies for whatever reason.

Uh-oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Uh-oh.

Yeah ... regardless of which way Fox goes, the Marvel characters are coming back.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/15/comc...reholders.html

It comes down to sooner (3 years or less) with Disney or longer (5-10 years) with Comcast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Comcast is clearly never learning a lesson as they're clearly are becomning MORE and MORE desperate about the FOX stocks. If the AT&t/Time Warner deal is rejected then i expected the same thing especially when a Telecom company trying to buy a film/tv division of a conglomerate that screams monopoly
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

The fox war is getting more heated up from both sides. (posted on another forum and i'll repost here.)

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/com...ox-1202819572/

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/dis...rs-1202640772/

Things are heating up.

Astonishing Member

I don't normally say this but I'm kinda hoping Comcast wins this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Comcast is clearly never learning a lesson as they're clearly are becomning MORE and MORE desperate about the FOX stocks. If the AT&t/Time Warner deal is rejected then i expected the same thing especially when a Telecom company trying to buy a film/tv division of a conglomerate that screams monopoly
    Well also the fact from reports Comcast is borrowing heavy to make this deal and likely drag themselves into massive debt they can't repay. Its why Murdoch won't do it and why Fox likely told them they were doing Disney deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I don't normally say this but I'm kinda hoping Comcast wins this one.
    Why ? So they can take down 21st Century Fox in bankruptcy in a couple years ? Cause that will likely happen if they somehow get ownership of Fox. Your gonna see them declare bankruptcy and that they couldn't afford the $60+ billion debt they borrowed to do this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well also the fact from reports Comcast is borrowing heavy to make this deal and likely drag themselves into massive debt they can't repay. Its why Murdoch won't do it and why Fox likely told them they were doing Disney deal.

Why ? So they can take down 21st Century Fox in bankruptcy in a couple years ? Cause that will likely happen if they somehow get ownership of Fox. Your gonna see them declare bankruptcy and that they couldn't afford the $60+ billion debt they borrowed to do this.
    Comcast is not going bank rupt.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Comcast is not going bank rupt.
    They aren't going bankrupt now sure. But many believe the deal if Comcast borrows heavy from investment banks to make this deal , its a debt load they will never overcome. That as a company they earned $22 billion in net income last year. They had $28 billion in operating income for that. To get Fox they'd have to not only pay the debt they'd acquire from the loans for it...but also pay to run 21st Century Fox and the TV division. That is billions more having to be spent.

They aren't going bankrupt now sure. But many believe the deal if Comcast borrows heavy from investment banks to make this deal , its a debt load they will never overcome. That as a company they earned $22 billion in net income last year. They had $28 billion in operating income for that. To get Fox they'd have to not only pay the debt they'd acquire from the loans for it...but also pay to run 21st Century Fox and the TV division. That is billions more having to be spent.
    It's definitely possible sure I just don't think it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's definitely possible sure I just don't think it'll happen.
    Its happened in a variety of businesses where one company over-extends itself and buys another thinking they will take a big leap profits wise. In one case we can look at the K-Mart/Sears deal. K-Mart bought Sears and was advised not to at the time. K-Mart was 3rd/4th in the industry and was doing ok. It wasn't gonna suddenly compete with Wal-Mart but the business was doing decent. Sears wasn't doing as well and was likely headed to a reorganization bankruptcy.

An adviser told the CEO to not buy Sears and merge the company because the debt load ($11.5 billion) plus running one company would cause lots of damage. The CEO didn't listen and did the deal. Today the company is a shell of itself.

Its happened in a variety of businesses where one company over-extends itself and buys another thinking they will take a big leap profits wise. In one case we can look at the K-Mart/Sears deal. K-Mart bought Sears and was advised not to at the time. K-Mart was 3rd/4th in the industry and was doing ok. It wasn't gonna suddenly compete with Wal-Mart but the business was doing decent. Sears wasn't doing as well and was likely headed to a reorganization bankruptcy.

An adviser told the CEO to not buy Sears and merge the company because the debt load ($11.5 billion) plus running one company would cause lots of damage. The CEO didn't listen and did the deal. Today the company is a shell of itself.
    Ya but that doesn't mean this isn't going to work out allso I'm sure there's exspels if simultaneously deals working out just because there are similar deals in the past that didn't work out is hardly proof it's not going to work out this time maybe your right and they go bankrupt it's possible but I really don't think it's going to happen.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I normally hate corporate mega-mergers, which are bad for both capitalism and democracy... but I would much rather see the Fox properties in Disney's hands than in Comcast's.

Under Comcast, movie ticket prices will rise to $50, the movies will cut out 2/3 of the way through and the audience will have to go to the local office between 2:30 and 3 PM on alternate Wednesdays to rent a new projector.