Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey Froggy, are there any gameplay mechanics to separate long range and close quatered mechs as we upgrade them?

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Hey Froggy, are there any gameplay mechanics to separate long range and close quatered mechs as we upgrade them?
    For yourselves, the enemies or both?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    For yourselves, the enemies or both?

Was gonna say myself, but I'm interested in seeing how it affects both.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Was gonna say myself, but I'm interested in seeing how it affects both.
    Intelligence will help your plans and strategies come out better in battle as well as out and about during downtime. Rushing in, you will have a bad time. Attack enhances the force of your attacks, eventually making it so that when you fight a Boss Primal Goetia, you’ll be able to handle hem in smaller groups (2) than the whole team

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Rushing in, you will have a bad time.

Welp, the character I'm making is completely screwed.

Anyway, I'm still in the process of gathering necessary source material, but I should have something up soon.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Also, somewhat pertinent question:

How does the arrival of the Argonians affect things like the Olympics or other major sports competitions, if those are still a thing as of 28th/29th centuries?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I think my character Pan is fine. sure his Mech's EX moves a gimp but that's all part of the design. I did adjust my Character pan 's Bio some put in that he works for a private contractor. , and that the initials of his mech JWJ stand for Judgement Wolf Junior .
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-17-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Character Sheet Template

Name: Remington Ashburnum
    Bio:
    Personality: Ambitious, adventurous and upright.
    Appearance:

Affiliation:
    UNDF : Career soldier, member of the Earth’s premier fighting force now guarding the Star Exodus, the first Space Raft. Generally structured and responsible people when it comes to decision making in the battlefield and varying degrees of order outside of it as well. Headed by Admiral Jayson Maxus, a man respected by many for his efforts in the Unification War of 2807-2811, with General Broadus “Brutus” Larkin as your field commander, a man driven to win and stomp out all opposition. At all costs

NEMESIS TECH: The idea was the way Nemesis Tech works is that while you may want to specialize, you’ll need to balance or at least lever yourself. Tying speed to other stats because if people just dump into speed then they’ll tear themselves apart first time they thrust in battle is the idea. Like anchor stats

If you get High in speed need to tie it to two stats, the points increase as more are added.

Mecha: Panzer Decimator. CQ Type with some LR weapons.

EX MOVES: Berserker Razor.

STAT POINTS: You will start off with 12 points, and the places you can allocate them are

ATTACK (ATK): 7

INT: 5

Character Sheet In Progress. Any Advice Is Welcomed.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post

How does the arrival of the Argonians affect things like the Olympics or other major sports competitions, if those are still a thing as of 28th/29th centuries?
    I hope the answer is the implementation of intergalactic mecha olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post

They did not participate in the Olympics when it was reestablisjed or planned it be after the Unification War, but if asked about the concept would find it incredibly appealing. Angelo-1, has a rare momentary nod of approval at the concept

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I think my character Pan is fine. sure his Mech's EX moves a gimp but that's all part of the design. I did adjust my Character pan 's Bio some put in that he works for a private contractor. , and that the initials of his mech JWJ stand for Judgement Wolf Junior .
    Long as the stats are good you’re okay
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Character Sheet Template

Name: Remington Ashburnum
    Bio:
    Personality: Ambitious, adventurous and upright.
    Appearance:

Affiliation:
    UNDF : Career soldier, member of the Earth’s premier fighting force now guarding the Star Exodus, the first Space Raft. Generally structured and responsible people when it comes to decision making in the battlefield and varying degrees of order outside of it as well. Headed by Admiral Jayson Maxus, a man respected by many for his efforts in the Unification War of 2807-2811, with General Broadus “Brutus” Larkin as your field commander, a man driven to win and stomp out all opposition. At all costs

NEMESIS TECH: The idea was the way Nemesis Tech works is that while you may want to specialize, you’ll need to balance or at least lever yourself. Tying speed to other stats because if people just dump into speed then they’ll tear themselves apart first time they thrust in battle is the idea. Like anchor stats

If you get High in speed need to tie it to two stats, the points increase as more are added.

Mecha: Panzer Decimator. CQ Type with some LR weapons.

EX MOVES: Berserker Razor.

STAT POINTS: You will start off with 12 points, and the places you can allocate them are

ATTACK (ATK): 7

INT: 5

Character Sheet In Progress. Any Advice Is Welcomed.
    Solid so far and unfortunately kingofpie no mechalympics

They did not participate in the Olympics when it was reestablisjed or planned it be after the Unification War, but if asked about the concept would find it incredibly appealing. Angelo-1, has a rare momentary nod of approval at the concept

Long as the stats are good you’re okay

Solid so far and unfortunately kingofpie no mechalympics
    Thanks Frogman!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

thanks Froggy. well I adjust Pan's age to 23 since I decide he should be older. and readjust his Bio a little to give him a reason for the way he acts and I went with the dead family, friends and girlfriend angle.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

BANNED

Will there be any chance of a player character being killed off for good if they do something extremly stupid?

Name:Angelo-1, First Of Legacy
    Bio: Angelo-1 was the leader of the Argonian’s Exodus to the Sol System, and has helped maintain his people while they stayed stranded on Earth. Even though they crashed on Earth, Angelo-1 felt it was a test of their faith, to see if his people would revert back to their warlike ways and stray away from the light of Ar’s embrace. Finding humans familiar to his ancestors, Angelo-1 advises his people to help them but do not engage directly with these beings as their culture was so vastly different, only use them to help develop a way off this rock. It was with his people’s advanced mechanisms, coupled with Red Murray’s ingenuity and the backing of human business that the Star Exodus lifted off and Angelo-1’s people were free to pursue their religious journey. With all of his people on the ship at 300, they may be a small number but are all formidable in their own way. There are few, if any humans who interact directly with Angelo-1 outside of Jay Maxus, and even then the relationship is...cordial at best. Angelo-1 cares strongly for his people and like them, has a mixture of fear and reverence of the Primal Goetia. To obtain an audience with him, one must be Argonian or have the war of Admiral Maxus

Personality: Wise, blunt, and enigmatic
    Skill: gifted tracker
    Appearance: Imagine a Yautja with metallic blue skin and hair down to it’s waste, clad in an Assassin’s Creed style cloak with a star on the chest area. Tattoo markings on his hands

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    thanks Froggy. well I adjust Pan's age to 23 since I decide he should be older. and readjust his Bio a little to give him a reason for the way he acts and I went with the dead family, friends and girlfriend angle.
    Thats cool man, fiddle with it however you like

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    Will there be any chance of a player character being killed off for good if they do something extremly stupid?
    Possibly, have to be a HUGE offense

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Thanks Frogman!
    no problem dog

Some extras

-If you’re going to be an Argonian pilot, you’re probably going to have minimal contact with any humans outside of piloting and be a controversial choice for fo that alone.