Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the only reason I got the book was due to the reveal. I'm most certain this was the case for others. and I doubt gambit was the reason... see rogue and gambit sales for evidence of this.
    Sales aren't based on who buys it from the shelf. Sales are based on preorders and the amount that retailers bought to put on their shelves. Issue #4's sales will be a better indicator... or any indicator at all.. of whether or not Storm's appearance in 3 has an effect on how well the book does.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Sales aren't based on who buys it from the shelf. Sales are based on preorders and the amount that retailers bought to put on their shelves. Issue #4's sales will be a better indicator... or any indicator at all.. of whether or not Storm's appearance in 3 has an effect on how well the book does.
    there was speculation and hints the reveal was storm. and I get that the preorders was based upon the anticipation of this. 4 will also demonstrate the storm effect.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not going to get into the who helped #3 for Xmen Red, but ... there was a variant cover which retailers were able to charge more for .... maybe the variant helped?
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

the only reason I got the book was due to the reveal. I'm most certain this was the case for others. and I doubt gambit was the reason... see rogue and gambit sales for evidence of this.
    That is just Venom variant that issue 3 had. The same thing was with Astonishing X-Men #2 and 3 with Venom variant. Storm has nothing to do here.

R&G is mini with bad sales. Storm ongoing had lame sales too for evidence.

Gambit 17 sold more then Storm 5 or 6. Don't remember really
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-08-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lol, that is just Venom variant that issue 3 had. The same thing was with Astonishing X-Men #2 and 3 with Venom variant. Storm has nothing to do here.
    goddess the hate is real. storm had everything to do with it. no one talked about the variant covers. everyone talked about storm and what this would mean for the team.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

goddess the hate is real. storm had everything to do with it. no one talked about the variant covers. everyone talked about storm and what this would mean for the team.
    I like Storm. I don't like ridiculous posts that Storm is the reason for everything.
    The same way as Nova should have been afraid of Storm

It's not hate, people are being real.

Like people said already, nobody actually knew that Storm would make an appearance for sure, yes there were hints, but I'm pretty sure those "hints" were not enough for retailers to say "Hey, let's just buy a bunch of extra issues just because maybe Storm will be on it".

I don't think the increase was because of Storm... But I do think #4 will do even better thanks to her!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think the increase was because of Storm... But I do think #4 will do even better thanks to her!
    That makes way more sense.

Like, I don't even care about Storm, but Jean vs. Storm will be hype as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Like, I don't even care about Storm, but Jean vs. Storm will be hype as ****.
    It's gonna be a mess on this on this site though lol. However it goes, one side will find a way to say it proves their fave is the better one lol. Even if there's not much of a fight, someone's gonna reach.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

"The O5 doesn't sell, people hate that team." Sales are consistent up until the issue that hardly features the O5 at all...

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really dont want them to fight... but I agree it will be very hype. The Sky goddess, Tru Goddess versus the omega level mutant. Should be epic!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-08-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    It's not hate, people are being real.

Like people said already, nobody actually knew that Storm would make an appearance for sure, yes there were hints, but I'm pretty sure those "hints" were not enough for retailers to say "Hey, let's just buy a bunch of extra issues just because maybe Storm will be on it".
    and we cant say what retailers knew for sure. the fact that the there was anticipation of her fighting a close friend in solicits could have been all that was needed for retailers t show interest in book.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    All-New Wolverine seemed to last a good while considering. Seems the sales haven't been the best since last year. But given how popular Hunt for Wolverine is, many are probably tired of Laura as Wolverine I suppose, and they want OG Logan back. I always thought Cable being in the DP2 film is what kept it from being cancelled. Shame the series isn't doing better. Isn't Ed Brisson writing that one? His Iron Fist run is already cancelled. So for this book to be doing badly too doesn't bode well for him. I wanted him to do an X-book with Sabretooth since he's been the only good writer for Creed since last Apr.
    Brisson just did the second arc, the first one was by Robinson and the current one is by Lonnie Nadler and Zac Thompson. The problem with the serie is the uneven quality, the first arc had nice art but a boring story, the second arc had a good story but the art made my eyes bleed and the current arc is great (except for reminding me about what they did to Bishop after House of M).

I'm not worried about Brisson, he's writing the Old Man Logan comics which is one of the most successful Marvel serie in recent years and he's doing the Extermination event and he told people on twitter he had to leave Cable because Marvel gave him a title he always wanted to write but we don't know what is it yet.

Yeah, I am hoping Sales drop tremendously between chapters 18 & 19, or 19 & 20. Warpath is gonna be gone this next chapter, it seems. Whereas OML may stick around until the very end of the Sabretooth in Charge arc.

On the one hand, I would hate for a Sabretooth team book to have bad sales, since he's got lots of potential as a character. But with Pak writing, it's not gonna be good. Any time he focuses on Creed, he proves he doesn't know anything about him, and doesn't care to learn or improve his writing. So if editorial is trying to do anything big with Creed now, they picked a bad writer to do it with. Give Creed to Brisson, then try some of this stuff.
    The title had so much promising stuff : Sabretooth as a leader ? Check, a good team? Check, a good villain? Check and then the monkey paw happened again and we got this Weapon X serie

You know I think a Team X book set during the Cold War with Logan, Maverick, Wraith and Creed as a leader by Brubaker would be perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Most first issues sell great because everyone is curious. Just look at New Mutants:dead souls #1. After that, it's usually downhill. New Mutants dropped from #8 to #80(almost).

I am surprised that Old Man Logan is still in top 10 X-Books.
    I'm not surprised to be honest, he's basically the classic version of Wolverine before House of M with a mysterious past (we don't even know when he was born and what he did before joining the X-Men), a non overpowered healing factor (in his title at least) and he's a guy you don't want to mess with, not the punching bag that OG Wolverine became along the years. He's a reboot of Wolverine, something a lot of fans were asking for a long time.

Of course now that Logan is back, it's time for him to go but looking at the Logan post Legacy, it seems Marvel is listening and they're trying to give him back his mysterious aura and his unpredictability, I mean just look at what happened to Loki recently when he pissed him off lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-08-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's gonna be a mess on this on this site though lol. However it goes, one side will find a way to say it proves their fave is the better one lol. Even if there's not much of a fight, someone's gonna reach.
    Sounds like a regular day on the X-forums. I will make sure to read those with some popcorn and just enjoy the issue.

and we cant say what retailers knew for sure. the fact that the there was anticipation of her fighting a close friend in solicits could have been all that was needed for retailers t show interest in book.
    Agreed, but nobody knew it was going to be Storm, again, there were just hints and I doubt retailers would get extra numbers just based on a hunch. Next issue of course, the fight will probably gave us even higher numbers, this issue though? Not really buying it was just because of Storm.