Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Sounds like a regular day on the X-forums. I will make sure to read those with some popcorn and just enjoy the issue.

Agreed, but nobody knew it was going to be Storm, again, there were just hints and I doubt retailers would get extra numbers just based on a hunch. Next issue of course, the fight will probably gave us even higher numbers, this issue though? Not really buying it was just because of Storm.
    fair enough we are all entitled to our opinions..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    "The O5 doesn't sell, people hate that team." Sales are consistent up until the issue that hardly features the O5 at all...

I admit I did think the same thing.

While I Admit the 05 are a bore for propbaly most readers, the people who don’t like it have to realize there is a market for them. It may not be the core base of readers but...

Anywho I am curious to see how sales de the next few books do.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

While I Admit the 05 are a bore for propbaly most readers, the people who don’t like it have to realize there is a market for them. It may not be the core base of readers but...

That's the reason I think they aren't going back to their time anytime soon, not in Extermination, not in blue, not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That's the reason I think they aren't going back to their time anytime soon, not in Extermination, not in blue, not ever.
    I'm hoping they go back but get their own spin-off book where they get to use their knowledge of the future in their own timeline. I'm not keen on them in the main universe, but I'd be interested in seeing them get to remake their own.

C'mon, the "biggest" names on O5's replacement roster for Blue are Polaris and Daken, and while I like them, they aren't sales juggernauts. Blue is doing fine in the sales department considering its new cast.

As for the O5's "popularity", this is the only Cyclops people can get (and also the only Jean on a team until just a few months back). We haven't seen how they perform when Adult Scott is around in a different title AND Bendis isn't writing them. Also, previously they had assist from Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm hoping they go back but get their own spin-off book where they get to use their knowledge of the future in their own timeline. I'm not keen on them in the main universe, but I'd be interested in seeing them get to remake their own.
    Wait, aren't they confirmed to be FROM the main timeline? August onward I think we get an adult O5 who are grown up versions of this O5 (which hopefully means return of Adult Scott?).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wait, aren't they confirmed to be FROM the main timeline? August onward I think we get an adult O5 who are grown up versions of this O5 (which hopefully means return of Adult Scott?).
    I have no clue at this point. Yes they are, no they aren't, the timeline's broken, the timeline has healed itself, surprise it was all a fake out, etc.

Storm fans think everything is about her I guess. Smh. These orders are made long before anybody knew Storm would be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Storm fans think everything is about her I guess. Smh. These orders are made long before anybody knew Storm would be in it.
    20180508_111049.jpg

blasphemy!

honey it is always about storm. never forget or think otherwise. as it relates to red, that is where the hype with this conversation involving how will Jean handle the threat considering this is her best friend.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-08-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In other Storm news, I heard she was the reason that Kim Jun decided to negotiate with South Korea. She threatened to destroy his nukes with a mighty wind.

All hail the Goddess!
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    In other Storm news, I heard she was the reason that Kim Jun decided to negotiate with South Korea. She threatened to destroy his nukes with a mighty wind.

All hail the Goddess!
    finally somebody gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

All hail the Goddess!
    Well, thank god it wasn't Rogue, or else Gambit fans would be complaining about how he's getting thrown under the bus to prop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, thank god it wasn't Rogue, or else Gambit fans would be complaining about how he's getting thrown under the bus to prop her.
    lmfao you are hilarious lolol I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I am curious as well. But, I do think the new team has a lack of differentiation in ethos from the 05 problem and hedging about the new team (their big coming out issue was supposed to be issue #25 with the over sized issue with them on the cover and the extra buck price, but it waited to the last page to make any sales pitch in the area of the new team.

The real selling point to non-05 readers a team with Daken and Polaris bring to the table are a team with alot more shall we say morally flexibility then the 05 which can get fans talking and debating much like some of Bunn's darker teams over the years. That isn't what we have gotten yet.

Though I did like issue #26 beating up on and slicing and dicing Sentinels wasn't going to get fans talking or debating the merits of their actions. The new team on its own had a hard needle to thread between pissing off old 05 readers which was going to happen by virtue of them not being the 05 and winning over new fans such as fans of Daken and modern Lorna from the modern comics and The Gifted.

The best situation to thread that needle I believe would have been having two Blue teams at the same time which we might or might not see the next arc. The 05 doing blog standard heroics and the new team that is being used as a more X-Force or Extinction type team or a renumbering and a full embracing of a new ethos for the team.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Gutted about the numbers for Exiles. Debuting with only 33000 in sales is very poor. I had thought all the pre release hype about the Tessa Thompson Valkyrie joining the team would help but obviously not. The first are is 5 issues accordinf to solicits so if there's another solicit this month we may get two arcs at least.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Gutted about the numbers for Exiles. Debuting with only 33000 in sales is very poor. I had thought all the pre release hype about the Tessa Thompson Valkyrie joining the team would help but obviously not. The first are is 5 issues accordinf to solicits so if there's another solicit this month we may get two arcs at least.
    I don't think that movie tie-ins really work that well for boosting sales. I mean, I would prefer a movie-like Valkyrie over a comic one, but I'm not sure that I want to buy a whole comic I'm otherwise not interested in for that character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)