Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Lol so apparently talking about a character in a thread that's relevant to her (equally to anyone else) or especially a thread about a comic that she appears in is unnacceptable ...wow.
    Yes. That's exactly what's happening. Glad you witnessed the absurdity.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    That is not proof. That is speculation because you can't prove what effect if any Storm had on the retailer sales.

That is anecdotal evidence not proof of any larger trend. The original discussion was about the sales reported in this thread which has nothing to do with the actual comments bought since the sales reported in this thread were bought by retailers not the 3 fans you reference.
    I offered MY thoughts, I never said it was proof about anything. and my point was that I didnt purchase the issue until I knew storm was in it. and as bb pointed out i wasnt the only one who did so. now I'm still waiting on proof that retailers didnt purchase the issue based upon th solicits and solely the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Have you been reading anything I've said in this thread? You just disagreed with me (again) to turn around and agree with me (again). This post has not offered up any information that I haven't implied or out right stated myself. So what are you really saying to me? I understand full well what you just said and what you've been saying. You just don't understand that you're arguing my point for me. If you disagree with my endorsement of the broad assessment about the "Storm effect" then that's your prerogative. I highlighted very visible Storm "effects." Is there something about this realization that compels you to deny it's authenticity?
    please shut this thread all the way down!!

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Butterflykiss original comments were that Storm was the reason for the DISTRIBUTOR SALES since the sales numbers in this thread are not fan sales but DISTRIBUTOR SALES So when you responded and said you agree, it gives an indication that you are agreeing with that statement. That statement has not been proven because retailers are unlikely to order books based on speculation about who is going to appear.

That is the only part I have been commenting on. The bit about it being normal to discuss Storm or speculation fueling individual Storm fans to get the book is not something I was arguing against. I was arguing that the idea that she influenced DISTRIBUTOR SALES as expressed by Butterflykiss and for which you appeared to agree makes little sense and is wild speculation. Next month if the sales increase then I would understand the argument that she affected DISTRIBUTOR SALES since at that point distributors would know how many comics they actually sold and whether the demand for issue 3 was such that they should order more books for 4.
    I never once said anything about distributor sales lol please quote me. I said it got a bump due to the storm effect, which you cant disprove. people have come up with arguments based upon their opinions but no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Excuse me, but I never acknowledged that the "Storm effect" was solely the sales bump. I never did that. I simply agreed with the idea of the "Storm effect" and I even went on to highlight some of the effects that her character introduces to the book. I acknowledged that her "effect" was felt, due to fans that I know personally going out to buy the issue. Did I ever any of those posts suggest that Storm or the people that delight in reading about her were the sole reasoning behind the bump in sales? I did not. So, again, you're telling me something I've already implied. I choose my words carefully and there's nothing in any of my posts that could provoke you to level the arguments you are against my point. I never directly referenced distributor orders or shipments because it had no bearing on the argument I was making. You just haven't discerned that yet.
    no one did.. I'm still waiting for where I said all of that I was quoted as saying lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Lol so apparently talking about a character in a thread that's relevant to her (equally to anyone else) or especially a thread about a comic that she appears in is unnacceptable ...wow.
    dont be surprised.... but storm fans are the crazy ones lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good Lord, all this drama over Storm. I cringe at what will happen to the boards once Red #4 comes out next week

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good Lord, all this drama over Storm. I cringe at what will happen to the boards once Red #4 comes out next week
    Seconded. Does it really matter whether the character boosted a specific comic or not?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This is what happens when one mentions Storm on this board. Her fans clearly worship thier goddess ;-)
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Sadly Venom likely boosted Red more than Storm did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Of course, they KNEW about Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ... I'm still waiting on proof that retailers... purchase the issue based upon... solicits...
    So am I.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I offered MY thoughts, I never said it was proof about anything. and my point was that I didnt purchase the issue until I knew storm was in it. and as bb pointed out i wasnt the only one who did so. now I'm still waiting on proof that retailers didnt purchase the issue based upon th solicits and solely the variants.

please shut this thread all the way down!!

I never once said anything about distributor sales lol please quote me. I said it got a bump due to the storm effect, which you cant disprove. people have come up with arguments based upon their opinions but no proof.

trust me when I tell you this.... and you may want to pay attention closely to this next part....

no storm fans are losing any sleep boo because you hate them.. and if you gone come for her fans at least get your facts straight. she is the one and only tru goddees of the xmen (^_^)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/black-panthe...s-a-1825468881

no one did.. I'm still waiting for where I said all of that I was quoted as saying lol

dont be surprised.... but storm fans are the crazy ones lol
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that recognized the bullshit for what it was. Storm's mention here and in the review threads of X-men Red are logically sound. Some people just get their jollies at pointing the finger at Storm fans for making everything about her. Logic, facts and documented proof be damned. But we shouldn't let omitted truths get in the way of folks making a point. Bless 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know, right? Lololol what is gonna happen when 'Ro and Jean finally reunite? The writer of X-Red was clearly betting on their reunion carrying some weight in the mutant world. Why are mainly Jean's fans up in arms about this title and Storm's addition to the cast? It's truly something to ponder.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seconded. Does it really matter whether the character boosted a specific comic or not?
    No, it doesn't. There was only mere speculation. Apparently speculating about comics is a trend that Storm fans are solely responsible for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This is what happens when one mentions Storm on this board. Her fans clearly worship thier goddess ;-)
    You know what I find endlessly comical? The idea that Storm fans are thought to be irrational for "worshipping" Storm for the Goddess that she should be. You, and all the other comedians are so out to lunch it should be illegal. Let this be clear, Storm and the black women she represents are eternally made to stifle their greatness. Never are they raised up to claim their god given access to the divine energy that created them in the image of the most high. See, it's society at large that demonizes the black woman's right to own her femininity and all that comes with it. Society still sees black women as nothing more than their sexual organs. Black women have been fetishized since white supremacy first gripped the globe after the Moor's touched down on the European peninsula. Everything about the black woman is deemed exotic and beautiful when it's on any woman except for the originator, the Black Queen. It's no wonder why the world is so enamored with the idea of the Kardashians. These white women are clear and present examples of culture vultures that objectify the natural beauty of black women and the power the hold. Why else are the Kardasian women known for glorifying box braids, deep tans, fat asses, full lips and black babies all with the intent of being seen as beautiful by black standards (they want to be objectified and oogled by black men)? I'll wait...

With that in mind, it becomes even more pressing that we lift up the black woman and tell her she's beautiful, she's powerful, she's loved, she's admired and she is the most imitated being on the planet. Just like the idea of pushing for a darker skinned, non-biracial Storm, it becomes imperative to let this fictional black woman claim the greatness that so many writers have gone out of their way to dismiss. It's high time we let this black woman be who she was meant to be. It's time we stop telling black women that their power is something that's only beautiful and acceptable when it's seen through the lens of a white woman delivery system. You know what's even funnier, though? In the story where she taps into her goddesshood given to her by right of birth, it's clearly laid out that Storm doesn't want to be considered a goddess by the outside world. She wants to be seen as just a woman standing beside the man that she loves.

Attachment 64981
    But don't let any of that get in the way of you or anyone else belittling the power that Storm and her fellow black women have been denied all this time. Lol there are seriously people that have very visceral reactions to her obtaining godhood. But Jean and Female Thor never had to face the misogynoir. It's something their characters will never have to cope with. Worship that! I'll continue to acknowledge what this black woman represents and the power that comes with such a realization.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    This is probably true. The variants were very pretty.

Umm....ok

I love Storm too. (She one of my top 5 faves) I dont see anyone belittling her or trying to keep her down. Fans can get overzealous when it comes to thier personal faves. Not a bad thing hence the winky face clearly said as a playful joke.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-