Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A few ideas:

Hela takes Jimmy Kincaid soul to Hel and claims him as her son and uses this to torment Jane.

A demon that Odin banished to Hel long ago has given a powerful demonic sword to a Death Metal musician who uses enchantments through his songs and sacrifices virgins at his concerts.

A psychotic alien named War Ghoul goes from planet to planet to fight every powerful God he comes across.

A Neo-Nazi bodybuilder who looks a bit like Thor has been given a powerful magical hammer by Captain HYDRA through unknown means and calls himself Worthy, and uses his skinhead friends who have been given prototypes of a super solider serum which turns them into albino Hulks as henchmen.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-09-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A demon that Odin banished to Hel long ago has given a powerful demonic sword to a Death Metal musician who uses enchantments through his songs and sacrifices virgins at his concerts.
    By Odin's eye, this is brilliant.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Comedy answer: Since Marvel has shown a love of both introducing long-lost relatives and heroes having children over the past few years I'd have a twelve issue crossover event where it's revealed that a portion of Marvel characters are descended from Thor's many, many trysts throughout history, some even being his children . All those blonde-haired, blue-eyed heroes and villains? Thor's responsible. Watch as various characters across of the MU deal with learning the person they've fought beside or against countless times may have once slept with their grandma. Thrill as Thor teams with Daredevil and She-Hulk to fight his way through millions of lawsuits for unpaid child support. And be shocked at the mastermind behind this revelation. All this and more in Marvel's latest summer event: ParenThor Abandonment.

Serious answer: I'd start with a a 9 to 12 issue arc that would reveal that an unknown entity has been tampering with Asgard's past, explaining away much of the retcons and revelations over the past decade as being false. Odin never had a brother named Cul, the Mother Storm was a lie, Angela isn't Asgardian (explaining why Iron Man's scans didn't detect her as one in GotG) and Heven is completely unconnected to the Nine Realms. It would also be revealed that another result of this tampering was corrupting Thor and Odin's souls to try and get them out of the way. After investigating the mystery of who is behind these changes Thor is horrified to learn that the culprit is none other than his mother "Freyja" who has actually been keeping his true mother Frigga's spirit imprisoned since her apparent death in Oeming's Ragnarok, using magic to conceal herself and her change in name, appearance and behavior. Her motive? She was created by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow after Thor broke the cycle of Ragnarok to bring about the cycles return and restore them to power. How was she able make all these changes and tamper with reality and memories? By siphoning the power of the runes while Thor was sleeping/dead after that same event, thus explaining why Thor lost that power, along with stealing a small portion of his soul, which created a sense of loss within Thor that caused him to doubt himself and lessened his positive qualities. It would also be revealed that Thor being unworthy and Jane being worthy were a result of the false "Mother Storm" she planted in Mjolnir.

The arc would conclude with "Freyja" being defeated and destroyed while Thor would regain and then sacrifice the power of the runes to restore the true history and nature of Asgard. Thor would once more be whole, regaining not only his arm and Mjolnir but also the nobility and wisdom that the character has been stripped of for far too long. Odin would once again be the wise ruler from the pre-Fraction days and not the strawman he is currently. Angela is just pissed at being dragged into this whole mess and manipulated for so long and swears to never return to Asgard, no longer having any connection to it and wanting to seek out Sera (who she finds and settles down with). Loki is shocked when he finds that Thor's restoration of Asgard has had an unforeseen side-effect: OG Loki is back as a completely separate being and is intent on destroying Good-Loki for trying to usurp his existence. Another change would be Mjolnir's worthiness enchantment becoming stricter and no longer capable of being lifted by some who have lifted it in the past (Steve Rogers, Squirrel Girl).

After that, I'd have do a couple shorter 2 or 3 part stories with stuff like:

- Thor deciding to get re-acquainted with some friends: Hyperion and Beta Ray Bill. Cosmic road-trip.
    - Thor confronting Kevin Masterson after he misuses the power of the Thunderstrike mace.
    - Abyss from Hickman's Avengers run is back and wants Thor as her mate.

And then a longer arc: Hammer Wars where Thor learns that the various various hammers floating the MU in recent years are suddenly beginning to siphon his lifeforce away and will soon kill him. Across the arc he'd seek out and destroy or render powerless the various hammers around like Stormcaster, Ult. Mjolnir, Lightbringer, Red Norvell's Crusher, Ragnarok's AU Mjolnir and Thorr's hammer. At the end of it the only hammers still around would be Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Comedy answer: Since Marvel has shown a love of both introducing long-lost relatives and heroes having children over the past few years I'd have a twelve issue crossover event where it's revealed that a portion of Marvel characters are descended from Thor's many, many trysts throughout history, some even being his children . All those blonde-haired, blue-eyed heroes and villains? Thor's responsible. Watch as various characters across of the MU deal with learning the person they've fought beside or against countless times may have once slept with their grandma. Thrill as Thor teams with Daredevil and She-Hulk to fight his way through millions of lawsuits for unpaid child support. And be shocked at the mastermind behind this revelation. All this and more in Marvel's latest summer event: ParenThor Abandonment.

Serious answer: I'd start with a a 9 to 12 issue arc that would reveal that an unknown entity has been tampering with Asgard's past, explaining away much of the retcons and revelations over the past decade as being false. Odin never had a brother named Cul, the Mother Storm was a lie, Angela isn't Asgardian (explaining why Iron Man's scans didn't detect her as one in GotG) and Heven is completely unconnected to the Nine Realms. It would also be revealed that another result of this tampering was corrupting Thor and Odin's souls to try and get them out of the way. After investigating the mystery of who is behind these changes Thor is horrified to learn that the culprit is none other than his mother "Freyja" who has actually been keeping his true mother Frigga's spirit imprisoned since her apparent death in Oeming's Ragnarok, using magic to conceal herself and her change in name, appearance and behavior. Her motive? She was created by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow after Thor broke the cycle of Ragnarok to bring about the cycles return and restore them to power. How was she able make all these changes and tamper with reality and memories? By siphoning the power of the runes while Thor was sleeping/dead after that same event, thus explaining why Thor lost that power, along with stealing a small portion of his soul, which created a sense of loss within Thor that caused him to doubt himself and lessened his positive qualities. It would also be revealed that Thor being unworthy and Jane being worthy were a result of the false "Mother Storm" she planted in Mjolnir.

The arc would conclude with "Freyja" being defeated and destroyed while Thor would regain and then sacrifice the power of the runes to restore the true history and nature of Asgard. Thor would once more be whole, regaining not only his arm and Mjolnir but also the nobility and wisdom that the character has been stripped of for far too long. Odin would once again be the wise ruler from the pre-Fraction days and not the strawman he is currently. Angela is just pissed at being dragged into this whole mess and manipulated for so long and swears to never return to Asgard, no longer having any connection to it and wanting to seek out Sera (who she finds and settles down with). Loki is shocked when he finds that Thor's restoration of Asgard has had an unforeseen side-effect: OG Loki is back as a completely separate being and is intent on destroying Good-Loki for trying to usurp his existence. Another change would be Mjolnir's worthiness enchantment becoming stricter and no longer capable of being lifted by some who have lifted it in the past (Steve Rogers, Squirrel Girl).

After that, I'd have do a couple shorter 2 or 3 part stories with stuff like:

- Thor deciding to get re-acquainted with some friends: Hyperion and Beta Ray Bill. Cosmic road-trip.
    - Thor confronting Kevin Masterson after he misuses the power of the Thunderstrike mace.

And then a longer arc: Hammer Wars where Thor learns that the various various hammers floating the MU in recent years are suddenly beginning to siphon his lifeforce away and will soon kill him. Across the arc he'd seek out and destroy or render powerless the various hammers around like Stormcaster, Ult. Mjolnir, Lightbringer, Red Norvell's Crusher, Ragnarok's AU Mjolnir and Thorr's hammer. At the end of it the only hammers still around would be Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.
    Your first idea I love for a hercules story

My Thor story would be a team book.

Story starts off basically with Odin calling forth Thor claiming he has had a vision that leads to Thor finally ascending to an All Father. That he has a power coursing through him similar to the Odinforce that he needs to finally learn to harnass. He must assemble a team that will deal with stop nearly impossible tasks throughout time.

First he must bring his co-leader, who Odin claims will best help him on his quest to become an All Father: Cable.

Odin claims that the power Cable commands is very similar to the Odin force and is possible his best teacher. He asks Cable to help his son patrol the time ways alongside his son, claiming that Cable may possibly ascend to godhood himself by the end. In exchange Odin offers Cable a gift from the gods, stopping his techno virus and granting him a healing factor that also stunts his aging. Basically returning him to Messiah levels.

Odin also has a time ship built by the dwarves that can transport the team anywhere in the universe and time.

Thor and Cable begin to recruit for their first mission, finding the Juggernaut and helping him completely claim Cyttorak's power, in exchange for joining the team.

To aid them in the first mission, they recruit

Iron Man
    Dr. Strange
    Loki
    Deadpool

After the first story arc Juggernaut becomes a permanent member, and Dr. Strange leaves the team. As he was mostly needed to help defeat Cyttorak.

Loki and Deadpool are always trying to kill each either. Juggernaut and Thor are always fighting about who is stronger.

Would love a story arc where they travel to the Star Wars universe and Cable and Thor learn from the Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    In light of his return as the one and only and his new hammer and arm I decided to pull the trigger. So welcome to another If You Wrote Comics thread this time we are going to discuss Thor, Prince of Thunder. As always just imagine if Marvel gave you full reign to do anything you want to Thor, his supporting cast, and rogues gallery. And maybe find a new direction and undo a mistake or two leftover from the previous writers. As always have fun. And this time the first thing I would do is no Jane Foster Thor it was a lucid dream she had. Thor's name is not a mantle.
    Nice start. Jane should never have been a thing.

For starters, I would fire Aaron. I could use some not so nice words, but suffice to say, I'd rather see him writing something else....I mean, a whale bites Thor's arm off? Seriously?

As far as what I'd like to see more of....I tend to be shallow...so if anyone is looking for anything deep and intellectual, just skip to the next post because this post is about as second grade and bereft of intellect and depth as they come ...but hey, I like what I like. Also, if you're a Hulk fan, you may not want to read this, and I mean no offense to anyone by my statements.

I would like to see a deliberate return of the (male) character Thor as the god Stan Lee intended him to be. In his book Origins of Marvel Comics, by Stan Lee, and I'm paraphrasing, Stan said they were hooked on superlatives at the time at Marvel comics. "Who could be stronger than the Hulk? Who could be smarter than Mr Fantastic?"

Pretty much, every issue of Thor beginning issue 540 all the way through "The Reigning" was gold for me. That is how Thor should be written.

If you ask me, Thor as he has been portrayed in Ragnarok and Infinity Wars, should be more closely mirrored in the comics.

That scene toward the end of Infinity Wars, where he shows up and kicks the crap out of everyone, striking enemies with Storm Breaker and massive lightning strikes....and hits the ground with Storm Breaker in hand...and all the other heroes turn to see who the f**k that was?

That is what I'd like to see more of in the comics.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Amazing Member

I like it if he kept don Blake alter ego..he marry s sif not Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A few ideas:

Hela takes Jimmy Kincaid soul to Hel and claims him as her son and uses this to torment Jane.

A psychotic alien named War Ghoul goes from planet to planet to fight every powerful God he comes across.

A Neo-Nazi bodybuilder who looks a bit like Thor has been given a powerful magical hammer by Captain HYDRA through unknown means and calls himself Worthy, and uses his skinhead friends who have been given prototypes of a super solider serum which turns them into albino Hulks as henchmen.
    Okay. You have my attention now

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Let's give Thor a wife and kid(s) and see where that takes us.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Let's give Thor a wife and kid(s) and see where that takes us.
    And which one should he marry Sif or Jane? I want to see how it would have worked with Jane.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Amazing Member

Serious answer: I'd start with a a 9 to 12 issue arc that would reveal that an unknown entity has been tampering with Asgard's past, explaining away much of the retcons and revelations over the past decade as being false. Odin never had a brother named Cul, the Mother Storm was a lie, Angela isn't Asgardian (explaining why Iron Man's scans didn't detect her as one in GotG) and Heven is completely unconnected to the Nine Realms.
    I like this idea. It's close to one I had where Thor is still sleeping/growing as a cosmic entity after the events of Oeming's Ragnarok and so the Earth/Asgard wouldn't be without his power he created an avatar of himself to stand-in. that avatar has a fraction of his powers, personality and intelligence. Eventually, there is a threat big enough for real Thor to sacrifice his ongoing growth as a cosmic being and reabsorbs the avatar replacing the Thor we've had since JMS with the real one. In the second arc, we learn that while Thor still has the knowledge of Rune Thor and some of the knowledge of the cosmos he does not have the physical capability to handle that power (one rune magic feat would have him going into Thorsleep for weeks). Eventually, I would like him to realize that while he has knowledge of incredibly advanced magic, part of the problem in wielding it is that he never mastered more basic magic, due to his desire that Loki have one skill Loki can call his own. As a result, I'd like to have him consult with Dr. Strange (not Loki) to gain this knowledge, opening the door for a few Thor/Dr. Strange adventures and more opportunities for Thor to play in the Marvel magicverse and cosmicverse.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And which one should he marry Sif or Jane? I want to see how it would have worked with Jane.
    I would pick neither and go with someone unexpected. (Hmm...that might make for an interesting thread on its own.) I think it would be nice to remind everyone that Thor isn't just a god, but a crown prince and heir to the throne who has duties and obligations to Asgard that might entail him marrying someone for reasons other than just love. Love doesn't even have to be in the top 5 reasons. Love happens eventually for both Thor and his bride, but not at first. And, of course, both Sif and Jane are caught in the emotional maelstrom that results from Thor's choice, until they decide to move on in their own lives. (Ahhhh, but it's never as easy as that, is it?)

I'd like to tell the story of a ten-year-old boy who gets bullied at school, and only has one friend - a Native American boy from a local rez.

The young protagonist loves Thor so much that the events of his life are mirrored by the adventures of Thor. So, for example, when he gets beaten up by a bully, Thor is simultaneously getting his ass kicked by some ice trolls or something.

Essentially, the story would be about the power (and danger) of confidence, the magic of storytelling, the mysteries of belief - and Thor would get to meet some Native American trickster gods and other mythological creatures from the western U.S when the protagonist and his friend decide to run away from home.

And then, of course, the boy's world and Thor's begin to overlap and meld.

-Pav, who sees Mike del Mundo's art in his mind's eye...
    Last edited by Pav; 05-11-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    I would definitely want to see that.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I would pick neither and go with someone unexpected. (Hmm...that might make for an interesting thread on its own.) I think it would be nice to remind everyone that Thor isn't just a god, but a crown prince and heir to the throne who has duties and obligations to Asgard that might entail him marrying someone for reasons other than just love. Love doesn't even have to be in the top 5 reasons. Love happens eventually for both Thor and his bride, but not at first. And, of course, both Sif and Jane are caught in the emotional maelstrom that results from Thor's choice, until they decide to move on in their own lives. (Ahhhh, but it's never as easy as that, is it?)
    No it's never easy but I always thought Torunn from the Next Avengers movie was Jane and Thor's daughter because she had trouble breathing in space a problem no Asgardian had but then it turned out she was Thor and Sif's daughter. Weird isn't it?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he