Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if they'll replace Scarlet with another PAD Spider-Book, since he usually seems to have at least one Spider-Man book running since he kicked off the new volume of 2099 way back during Superior.

If Marvel wants to give Spider-Man/Deadpool a boost, I don't see a relaunch being what does it.
    That book is doomed for another reason. spoilers:
    Wade just blanked all his memories in Despicable Deadpool #300, which means he no longer remembers Spidey!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Bit concerned that Renew Your Vows is under 20,000. I like that book so I'm hoping sales pick up soon for it.
    It has seesawed a lot over its life and it's my understanding that the numbers we see are not the full story nor the criteria that Marvel uses to decide what stays and what goes. I will concede though that I have been kinda assuming that it was never going to be a long-runner, largely because it's not quite the numbers booster we could wish and that AU series in general are usually of the "live fast, die hard" model of existence.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm hoping Scarlet Spider suffered a dip because it tied into Damnation - it was one of the few weak points in the series so far. Regardless, I hope Ben and Kaine survive if it's cancelled.

And I can see why Marvel keep doing Venom minis!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It has seesawed a lot over its life and it's my understanding that the numbers we see are not the full story nor the criteria that Marvel uses to decide what stays and what goes. I will concede though that I have been kinda assuming that it was never going to be a long-runner, largely because it's not quite the numbers booster we could wish and that AU series in general are usually of the "live fast, die hard" model of existence.
    Yeah, I never expected a long run either. As much as I like it, it is an AU as you point out. And, as you also point out, they usually don't last long. Still, I've got fingers crossed it'll last a little while longer yet.

Astonishing Member

Very cool to see Amazing Spider-Man my favorite current comic book being one of the best selling comic books of the month.
    Spectacular Spider-Man and Venom and the Venom limited series doing well in the April 2018 is quite cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah, I never expected a long run either. As much as I like it, it is an AU as you point out. And, as you also point out, they usually don't last long. Still, I've got fingers crossed it'll last a little while longer yet.
    Me too! I’ve just recently started reading the book and really enjoy it!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!