Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I enjoy his work but wish we didn’t have all these different colored Lantern Corps.

Mighty Member

Never been much of a fan of his, but I don't find it hard to believe that he can write good superhero comics. Figures he has a style or something (bit like Snyder or Azzarello) which isn't for everyone. Which I think is good for the genre.

Also, I'm REALLY REALLY liking Doomsday clock. Wasn't expecting that at all

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I read Justice League by Johns as it came out issue by issue along with the Aqusman Atlantis issues. I reread those issues probably 3 times and never got bored. Fantastic reads. I only went up to Forever Evil as I decided to cut down on floppies and only focus on collected editions Personally, I'm hoping for a couple of Omnibuses. I'll be picking up the Aquaman Johns Omnibus. I also have his GL, JSA and Hawkman in Omni format but haven't yet read them. I'm predominantly a Marvel guy but have some DC favourites.

I've just finished reading Superman Secret Origin Deluxe by Johns, Frank and Sibal. A beautiful story. Enjoyed it a lot. I wish he'd written a few more chapters.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I like Johns Supes a lot. He knows how to write a good story. Regarding the Lantern Corps colors, that was a genius move. Cause they expanded on the Red Lanterns, and that series was incredible. Sinestro War was also great, which spawned his own series which was also great. At the time, it might've been overwhelming. But it paid off, cause we got more material and expanded the GL Mythos even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    Check out his Hawkman, JLA, JSA, Booster Gold with Jeff Katz, that was a very good series. Geoff Johns entire Green Lantern run, which was epic. Johns was destroying everything Marvel was putting out at the time. That's a fact. He knows how to tell a great story. It was like WWF Monday Night Raw and WCW Monday Night aka the Monday Night Wars. They kept banging heads at that time. And Johns came out "Glorious" like Bobby Roode lol. Actually no, I would say he was the Brawl for All in WWF. He took everyone out in the competition to eventually check himself out at the end. And, yeah, after all these years I still wonder to myself why did Bart Gunn destroy everyone just to face off against Butter Bean to get completely killed? It's like WWF creative at the time did that to Bart Gunn to kill his heat and F him. Anyways, check out all of Johns Flash stuff which is also great. Teen Titans, which is incredibly good. I would highly suggest checking out his Batman: Earth One. That's incredible stuff he did with Gary Frank, I do hope he has a Vol. 03 sometime in the near future though. From all Earth One's that was the one that stole the entire show.

Since there's a lot of Millennial's on here that probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Check it out, I was in my teens watching this back in the day. Brawl for All in WWF or commonly known today as WWE, was a real shoot fight contest. It wasn't scripted, it wasn't planned out. Vince Russo head of creative shot the idea to Vince McMahon over Bradshaw saying he can "Kick anyone's ass" and made that tournament centered around that for the first time ever. Whoever went into it was given extra money on their paycheck as well. Wrestling was pretty stiff back then, but the Brawl for All was legit shoot matches. And sadly Bart Gunn who decimated everyone, would be turned inside out by Butter Bean. Check out the footage, that's just awful. I remember seeing that **** at Wrestlemania and I was so damn pissed off, everyone was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S652hvQaWfY
    I might check out his Hawkman. For some reason even though I've never got into Hawkman I still want to like him. I tried the new52 run which was ok but seemed like maybe it didn't have the best writer. And I def need to check out his JLA, I've heard lots of good things about it.

Yeah poor Bart Gunn got the bad end of the stick. What had happened was, nobody thought he would win. It was all about Bradshaw and Dr. Death Steve Williams returning. And here comes Bart Gunn, the forgotten Young Gunn, and he whooped everybody. McMahon probably wanted Butterbean to destroy him for messing up his storyline lol.

And on the Raw vs Nitro war, one winner from that was Rick Rude. That guy was on Raw, and an hour later was strutting out with the nWo on Nitro. The Ravishing One!

Amazing Member

I love you in the most non-gayest way ever lol. Rick Rude was my favorite wrestler of all time, greatest Heel ever. Sting broke his back in Japan. But man, even in his old age, dude was handsome as hell. He had that aura of a serious MF you don't wanna F with. But he was a great man, cause he was always faithful to his wife. And told wrestlers not to show their women, or sleep around. He believed strongly in family, it just sucks he died. He was supposed to come back to wrestling in WCW, but he never got to do another match. And I agree Vince F'ed Gunn over that, but I mean, Russo suggested the **** and it was entirely a shoot. I just don't know why Butterbean of all people. That guys garbage, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    I love you in the most non-gayest way ever lol. Rick Rude was my favorite wrestler of all time, greatest Heel ever. Sting broke his back in Japan. But man, even in his old age, dude was handsome as hell. He had that aura of a serious MF you don't wanna F with. But he was a great man, cause he was always faithful to his wife. And told wrestlers not to show their women, or sleep around. He believed strongly in family, it just sucks he died. He was supposed to come back to wrestling in WCW, but he never got to do another match. And I agree Vince F'ed Gunn over that, but I mean, Russo suggested the **** and it was entirely a shoot. I just don't know why Butterbean of all people. That guys garbage, you know?

My man wrestled with Jake the Snake's wife on his trunks

And just so we don't totally ruin the thread, I've heard good things about Johns' Flash. I want to check those out.

Incredible Member

I read the first trade of Hawkman and waiting on the second (I guess final) in an order. I really really liked it a lot. Its a good companion piece to his JSA stuff. I enjoyed Rags Morales art a lot as well.
    I than went back to finishing up JSA as I was only part way through that. I had stopped at one point to read something else. After reading a 1000 page Omni of any material, I typically go on to something else for a bit of a change. Geoff Johns is one of those writers where I can read a lot of in one sitting.