Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    all those feels AgentFelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598

    Default Slott/Zdarsky Read Order

    Does anyone know or have a link to the reading order of Amazing and Spectacular? Been binging the Slott run and I've hit Secret War so I know it's close
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

  2. #2
    Incredible Member frizb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    533

    Default

    I think as long as you read PPSSM #6 before ASM #789 you'll be fine. The stories don't really cross other than with what happens in #6. Then you can just read each arc and then switch books. PPSSM changes to #300 after #6 also.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member frizb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Oh you won't need to start reading PPSSM until around ASM #29.ASM runs to #32 post-Secret Wars and then the legacy numbering kicks in

  4. #4
    all those feels AgentFelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Yea he's def wearing the old costume in PPSM 1 so I feel it's post Secret Empire. There's no mention of the downfall of PI but I assume that's because Secret Wars wasn't over yet.

    Edit: but an editor's note in issue 2 says it's before? oh well. comics
    Last edited by AgentFelix; 05-09-2018 at 07:17 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Yeah, due to Spectacular Spider-Man being written before Secret Empire concluded, there is alot of continuity errors between the two books and when everything takes place.

    What we do know definitively is that PPSSM #1-6 & #297-present take place somewhere between ASM #29 and #796, so if you're looking for a read order, as long as you're reading all the issues before Threat Level Red Part 3, you'll be good.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, due to Spectacular Spider-Man being written before Secret Empire concluded, there is alot of continuity errors between the two books and when everything takes place.

    What we do know definitively is that PPSSM #1-6 & #297-present take place somewhere between ASM #29 and #796, so if you're looking for a read order, as long as you're reading all the issues before Threat Level Red Part 3, you'll be good.
    With the retcons, it seems that Spectacular is taking place between #795 and #796 to be specific.

  7. #7
    all those feels AgentFelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598

    Default

    I also think Pete still has his own apt in Spectacular, stashing his sister there, while the issues in Amazing when the Legacy numbering kicks in have him crashing on Mockingbird's couch.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    I also think Pete still has his own apt in Spectacular, stashing his sister there, while the issues in Amazing when the Legacy numbering kicks in have him crashing on Mockingbird's couch.
    Yes, that's why I'm saying it takes place between #795 and #796, because that's when he got his own apartment, and there are some hints around that he doesn't have PI anymore.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yes, that's why I'm saying it takes place between #795 and #796, because that's when he got his own apartment, and there are some hints around that he doesn't have PI anymore.
    That's a very good point. It would also make sense why he would be flirting with Rebecca at that point as he wouldn't be with Bobbi anymore.

    Although, that does open up one major continuity error, in that near the beginning, Flash is still Venom-less and not Anti-Venom yet, so Venom Inc. couldn't have happened.

    Everything since Issue 6 I would say almost certainly takes place between 795 and 796, it's just those first 5 issues that are still a mess continuity wise.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That's a very good point. It would also make sense why he would be flirting with Rebecca at that point as he wouldn't be with Bobbi anymore.

    Although, that does open up one major continuity error, in that near the beginning, Flash is still Venom-less and not Anti-Venom yet, so Venom Inc. couldn't have happened.

    Everything since Issue 6 I would say almost certainly takes place between 795 and 796, it's just those first 5 issues that are still a mess continuity wise.
    Yeah, they could mention that there was a time skip between some issues to say that one part happened before SE, and another happened after (Which could explain why the plot got delayed, they all had bigger shit to deal with, since Captain Hydra dominating the world is somewhat more important than hacked Stark cellphones). But honestly, Marvel's continuity is already bad as it is, like in Annual#42 and the Free Comic Book Day issues having Fisk as a Mayor, even though both stories happen after Venom Inc, and Venom Inc happens after Daredevil #600 (Since Felicia is still Queenpin in that issue but quits after Venom Inc), so it's not surprising we're getting yet another dumb plot hole.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, they could mention that there was a time skip between some issues to say that one part happened before SE, and another happened after (Which could explain why the plot got delayed, they all had bigger shit to deal with, since Captain Hydra dominating the world is somewhat more important than hacked Stark cellphones). But honestly, Marvel's continuity is already bad as it is, like in Annual#42 and the Free Comic Book Day issues having Fisk as a Mayor, even though both stories happen after Venom Inc, and Venom Inc happens after Daredevil #600 (Since Felicia is still Queenpin in that issue but quits after Venom Inc), so it's not surprising we're getting yet another dumb plot hole.
    Yeeeeeah, comics gonna comics, there will always be continuity errors and there's nothing we can do about it. So we just have to go with the flow and hope the individual stories work on their own merits.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •