Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Starro's sarcasm is great but almost TOO human sounding. It's oddly jarring. But perhaps that was the intent?

Sinestro's the big oddity to me here. I don't understand how he's even around here? Wasn't he still weak from falling through reality or some such after that first Hal and GLC arc and then his appearance in Superman's comic?

Wonder if we'll see his scheming. I'd love to see Vril Dox II and Sinestro butt heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I think it's time for all titans characters to leave the titans once and for all and join any other team/property.
    Fixed that for you, it's for the best.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The first issue was alright. Right off the bat, the fact that they just dive into Brainiac trouncing everyone makes the story feels rushed, and the cosmic threat angle doesn't feel earned. Lex and MM were cool, Waller's move makes a lot of sense for her, but the rest of the interactions and plot points seemed generic and forgettable. Let's see how it plays out.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, so they have to replace Nightwing with Green Arrow because the failsafe applies to members of the main teams. Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans and Suicide Squad. Green Arrow and Supergirl are not in any of those teams so they survived. That make sense.

There's just so much going on, its great.

Kind of excited about the shenanigans in "the nursery". If nothing else comes from this story, there's a lot of potential opened up now. And mah boi Starro!

Always Rakzo

Welp, yet another issue with lots of exposition that should have been better implemented and not a lot of interesting or different events to compensate for it.

Decent art at least.

I’ve been enjoying the series but I still think Omega Titans is a terrible name for these beings. Almost like they didn’t give a lot of thought into naming them. Two “epic” words just smashed together. They’re kind of the equivalent to Marvel’s Celestials. The Celestials is a super cool sounding monicker.

Fantastic Member

Didn't realize Manapul was off this issue, so Rossmo's art really threw me off in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ve been enjoying the series but I still think Omega Titans is a terrible name for these beings. Almost like they didn’t give a lot of thought into naming them. Two “epic” words just smashed together. They’re kind of the equivalent to Marvel’s Celestials. The Celestials is a super cool sounding monicker.
    Oh well, to each his own.

Omega Titans sounds cool to me. Cooler than the Celestials.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Starro's sarcasm is great but almost TOO human sounding. It's oddly jarring.
    I was thinking the same thing!!! When did Starro start sounding like the smart alec, sarcastic kid who sat beside me in high school instead of a threatening, super intelligent, alien life form? It's definitely entertaining, but equally as oddly jarring.

Fantastic Member

^ Snyder started making him speak like that in Metal so I guess he's rolling that into No Justice, too.

I was reading like "Oh that's not the same artist... eeeh it looks... ooook, though... oh, wait, it's back". Of course the story feels a little rushed being a mini series of 4 but I've been enjoying these issues. Oh, Starro...

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I think Omega Titans is a very lame name too, but it does make sense: Omega is relative to endings, not destruction but actual oblivion. Titans, from the greek/roman mythology were the gigantic elemental gods that eventually gave birth to greek pantheon and were slain by it.

"So, "ancient giant gods (titans) who come to consume worlds (omega)" becomes Omega Titans. It makes sense.

Still lame, but makes sense.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I agree. Should’ve made them “The Judges” or “The Jury” or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!!! When did Starro start sounding like the smart alec, sarcastic kid who sat beside me in high school instead of a threatening, super intelligent, alien life form? It's definitely entertaining, but equally as oddly jarring.
    Honestly whenever I read this Starro I hear this hammy, over-the-top , almost Looney Tunes voice. Like imagine if Marvin the Martian had Seth Green's Robot Chicken delivery. It's a giant psychic space starfish. Totally a product of its time and unabashedly having fun with its absurdity. I'm a big fan of this interpretation tbh. <_<