Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Justice League: No Justice Weekly Series Discussion

What did people think of the first issue? Was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this. No big twists from the premise, but it was fun seeing all of the character interactions.

So far, i'm really liking it, even if Brainiac may have been a tadd too overpowered when picking up the teams. But I felt that all the characters had great moments, and if I understood right, I'm happy that the foe can't really be beaten into a bloody pulp, but as to be misled, for want of a better term.

BANNED

Really liked it, except for the threats. Too Marvel for my tastes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Really liked it, except for the threats. Too Marvel for my tastes.
    Did you only not like them, because they seemed similar to marvel villains? I don't get this.

BANNED

They're just big flashy golems.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    They're just big flashy golems.
    Or the DC equivalent to the Celestials (who are, funnily enough, playing a big role in Jason Aaron's Avengers right now)

Always Rakzo

Welp, for the proper beginning of the brand new direction of the Justice League titles this is not exactly that impressive. Snyder is clearly going for the "big scale threat" angle which is clearly fitting for the book but that never was the problem with the title, Lord knows that Hitch always tried to give the book huge antagonists, the problem has always been the execution and while this first entry better than what Hitch did, is far from great.

It suffers from the usual Snyder problems, meaning the overwritten narration with huge infodumps in most pages and blunt characterization. The ideas are decent but they need more to be more engaging. If there are a few positive things I can say is that it's following the events of Justice League Vs. Suicide Squad, which explains Williamson's role, and Manapul's artwork is perfect for a cosmic book.

Hope the following issues are a bit better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or the DC equivalent to the Celestials (who are, funnily enough, playing a big role in Jason Aaron's Avengers right now)
    That is exactly what I thought as well. They seemed like more powerful versions of the Celestial or the Proemial Gods (Tenebrous etc.)

Thought this was fun. I liked Starro more than I should have. Is it too much to ask for him to stay on the League when this is over? <_<

Oh! Dr. Pyscho was in that room full of psychics! When's he gonna show up again in Wonder Woman? >_>

Brainiac was weird to me.

I enjoyed more than I expected to, there were masses of exposition and the bad guys were very very similar to the celestials but aside from that the book was good. I'm looking forward to what happens next, I'm also curios as to why none of the titans are included despite being taken in the first instance.

Fantastic Member

Just a minor thing but I appreciated that there weren't ads throughout I hope that continues for the other 3 issues.

Manapul's art was great, I hadn't seen his take on many of these characters in a comic before so that was a delight! Though, I know Marcus To is sharing art duties in future issues, whose work I'm not as familiar with.

Thought it was okay, but I agree the narration was a bit much in places. Manapul's art carried the issue and it did feel very Marvel-esque. The large cast caused the focus to feel too spread out I think and Harley and Damian were the weak points from the characterizations. I don't think Snyder wrote them that well.

It seems like Beast Boy will have some focus on this mini. Hopeful that this leads to some growth for his character. The rest of the issue was pretty good all things considered. Harley kinda annoyed me but that's nothing new.

... Also did Etrigan rhyme "hand" with "understand?"

I liked it, although I think the name for the antagonists sucks. I'm interested to see how things play out, especially with that twist at the end.