Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Starro = comic book fan.

Like Superboy Prime (may he RIP)

The ending was your typical set up for future storylines, but gotta say that I enjoyed the event.

It was also nice to see Ollie and Hal interacting and teaming up.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Interesting way of dealing with the villains, kinda convoluted, but no other way to get it done in 4 issues lol.

The development with Green Arrow was interesting, wonder what that is leading to. Recommend you guys check out green arrow annual 2 also.

This was the first event that I enjoyed beginning to end. I felt it was a satisfying conclusion that sets an exciting tone for the future.

Favorite parts:
    Ollie's box
    Victor's new look
    The outside

Always Rakzo

Welp, just as I expected, this "story" mostly served as a set-up for the future JL line and thus, it doesn't work that well as a story by itself (which is something that I should have expected from Snyder after how Metal was handled). Good character dynamics and a promising finale for the DCU but aside from that I think this wasn't worth a 4 issue miniseries.

Good art from Manapul at least.

I agree this was just a set up event. They crammed a little too much into this too
    The J-man

All I care about that J'onn is back in the League and that little discussion that Bruce and Jefferson had. Looking forward to some good team books in the near future.

So Ollie’s been given the role he had in the DCAU: Keeping the League Honest.

Honestly I liked his conversations with the League in Percy’s Run and how he’s been here. It reminded me of JLU:

“Green Arrow: Come on, I don't belong up here, fighting monsters and supervillians. I just help the little guy and a big club like this, you tend to forget all about him. So, gee whiz, I'm flattered to be asked and all, but no thanks.

Batman: Suit yourself. Those monsters you don't fight? They tend to step on little guys.”

But that he begrudgingly joined to keep the League in order to keep them in line.

I also liked J’onn and Luthor’s chat

And Batman and Black Lightning will carry over to Tec’s next arc by Bryan Hill

Overall: A Good event

Decent event. Thought the ending was a little weak, but I’m excited for Snyder’s JL.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This entire story felt like a bunch of talented nerds smashing their action figures together for a couple of hours. It was entertaining and extremely pretty to look at, but utterly forgettable.

The issue was pretty good. Not great, though. I really like the way Scott Snyder handled the Martian Manhunter.

Glad to see John with the Justice League. Can't wait for next week.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm still not buying a comic that ships twice a month at $7 a pop (Aussie dollars).
    I put up with it on the Flash, but that's as far as my goodwill goes.
    That said, the new Justice League books do look interesting.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I enjoyed the series and am really excited about the new status quo. A lot of upheaval and so many new territories to explore (there are entire new space sectors!). Some familiar concepts that are getting a fresh take.

Loved seeing Cyborg take such a huge leadership role. Luthor seeing the grand scheme of the universe and realizing that entropy and chaos are dominant forces is an intriguing way for him to return to villainy. He’s not doing it out of pure ego like usual. He just believes that the universe is cruel and chaotic and only the strong will survive. Superman is the ultimate selfless and altruistic hero so it makes sense that Lex would believe in social Darwinism and surround himself with conquers and alpha predators like the Legion of Doom.

I hope this version of Lobo we’ve seen in JLA and No Justice isn’t forgotten. I’ve enjoyed the fact that he has elements of classic Lobo but there is actually some depth to the character hidden underneath. He seems to kinda care about having the backs of the little guys like Beast Boy and The Atom.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-31-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Yeah, Lobo as this badass motivator is a great addition to his usual shtick.

Overall I have very few complaints. Great setup to the JL line of books, I'm excited about the direction of the DCU (led by JL), and I love bringing in some of the animated series stuff.

Just my personal preference but the Trinity works best in big DCU stories in a supporting capacity allowing other characters to shine, this was just more confirmation for me. So many standouts: MMH, Starro (the real MVP), Beast Boy, Lobo & Starfire etc.

Overall really enjoyable miniseries, if a tad anti-climatic and rushed towards the end to obviously set up the new JL line (which I'm even more hyped for now by the way!)
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?