Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

So, Starro is the DC version of Staryu.

A psychic/water pokemon that, when it evolves, becomes more powerful and grows more limbs!

this Starro reminds me of Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls.

Mighty Member

I'm sorry but am I the only one who hears Plankton's (from SpongeBob) voice when Starro speaks lol? Or maybe Marvin the Martian?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Someone really needs to take a different approach with Cyborg at DC. How many times are we going to this well. Stat of the art motherbox technology. I know I shouldn't expect anything considering how Snyder has always written him but I can't help it. I honestly feel if it was any other character they wouldn't end up shredded or immobile from working some tech magic (which is what Cyborg is suppose to be all about).

Omega Titans still sounds like a weird name.

Art for the comic has been solid so far. Not sure I like what they did with Brainiac 2.....or Batman for that matter this issue.

Starro was surprisingly a highlight for this comic, despite not being anything remotely to the Starro I think of. Still he was fun. Still not really in love with this plot or premiss.
    The J-man

Wasn't a fan of the art in this issue. Particularly didn't like how Wonder Woman, Flash, and Cyborg were drawn.

I also prefer Starro to be totally alien emotionally rather than this weird version we're getting in this series.

Felt like this was the weakest issue of the series thus far.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Pours one out for DudeBro Starro

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gravely View Post
    Wasn't a fan of the art in this issue. Particularly didn't like how Wonder Woman, Flash, and Cyborg were drawn.

I also prefer Starro to be totally alien emotionally rather than this weird version we're getting in this series.

I know this is heresy to most but I was one of the rare fans that wasn't excited about Manapul drawing this series. I just don't much care for his work, though it's certainly superior to To or (especially) Rossmo (who is pretty dreadful). I never really thought I'd be disappointed that Manapul wasn't drawing all of this but the replacement artists have been a real step down. How long have they known about this? It must have been a while since so much is planned for after it. I think it's absurd that Manapul couldn't draw 4 issues with the lead time he must have had.

And what's the deal lately with the constant replacement artists throughout the DCU? Ivan Reis used to be able to draw a couple issues a month when called upon for that. Now he can't stick with a series more than two issues. Reis and Fabok and Mahnke were prolific with the New 52 JL by Johns. Back then, the best DC artists and Geoff Johns himself were working on deadline and rarely had a delay or replacement. Now it's like pulling teeth to get Johns to write anything on time or for most artists to draw anything on time. The Terrifics has really been problematic this way.

What changed? Now it's almost the norm to see fill-in artists and even writers. And they're not even double-shipping most titles anymore. It gives me even more respect for Tom King, who is never late, and who is always on top of his game. His stable of Batman artists have been astounding too and they don't seem to have trouble drawing on deadline either. King's Batman has really stood out for being one of the only major books that constantly ships on time with the announced creative teams.

Astonishing Member

I like the story a lot, it's fast and not too long

I thought the art in the first part if issue 3 was diabolical, just could not believe it, skipped that part it was so off putting

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I know this is heresy to most but I was one of the rare fans that wasn't excited about Manapul drawing this series. I just don't much care for his work, though it's certainly superior to To or (especially) Rossmo (who is pretty dreadful). I never really thought I'd be disappointed that Manapul wasn't drawing all of this but the replacement artists have been a real step down. How long have they known about this? It must have been a while since so much is planned for after it. I think it's absurd that Manapul couldn't draw 4 issues with the lead time he must have had.

And what's the deal lately with the constant replacement artists throughout the DCU? Ivan Reis used to be able to draw a couple issues a month when called upon for that. Now he can't stick with a series more than two issues. Reis and Fabok and Mahnke were prolific with the New 52 JL by Johns. Back then, the best DC artists and Geoff Johns himself were working on deadline and rarely had a delay or replacement. Now it's like pulling teeth to get Johns to write anything on time or for most artists to draw anything on time. The Terrifics has really been problematic this way.

What changed? Now it's almost the norm to see fill-in artists and even writers. And they're not even double-shipping most titles anymore. It gives me even more respect for Tom King, who is never late, and who is always on top of his game. His stable of Batman artists have been astounding too and they don't seem to have trouble drawing on deadline either. King's Batman has really stood out for being one of the only major books that constantly ships on time with the announced creative teams.
    It’s almost like Manapul just had a family tragedy and had to deal with that

And it almost like Johns is now the president of a company that deals with more than just comics and he has to tend to all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    Honestly whenever I read this Starro I hear this hammy, over-the-top , almost Looney Tunes voice. Like imagine if Marvin the Martian had Seth Green's Robot Chicken delivery. It's a giant psychic space starfish. Totally a product of its time and unabashedly having fun with its absurdity. I'm a big fan of this interpretation tbh. <_<
    Ha! I couldn't agree more! It's gotten to the point where I can't wait for Starro to speak. It's funny as hell!

I love everything about this comic, including the Omega Titans. That ain't no lame name!

I just don't care for the art so much, except when Manapaul is drawing it.

And Snyder is great.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gravely View Post

Yeah issue 3 was rough in the art department
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...brainiacs-ship

Seems important, might want to pick it up.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post

Cool. I was unsure about the Benson sisters on Green Arrow, but this was pretty good. Makes me more hopeful for the upcoming run.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post

Maybe that will end up being the ship that Cyborg’s JL Odyssey team ends up using.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Maybe that will end up being the ship that Cyborg’s JL Odyssey team ends up using.
    That'd be cool. Though I'm hoping it might be that ship the Batman Who Laughs was riding in. Not sure what happened to that.....

So, I've been enjoying No Justice a lot more than I expected to. I've been pretty excited about the regular monthly that'll be starting after No Justice wraps (that roster! Those artists!) but No Justice itself didn't sound overly appealing. But DC Nation #0 made me curious and I'm glad I gave No Justice a shot.

Issue 3 was a little weak and I hate the way Cyborg keeps getting punked. He's got tons of experience and a gods damn Mother Box for a heart, DC! Dude should be up there with Clark, Diana, and Barry for "biggest badasses around" lists! But damn this is just a big, dumb, fun comic book. It's unapologetic in its ridiculousness, it doesn't try to be overly serious, it's just having a blast and inviting us along for the ride. It's like Metal in that regard, only without the Black Sabbath/Metallica influences.

And Star-bro.....man, on one hand I don't like this weird new voice Snyder is writing the character with, but it's so gods damn fun I can't help but love it. Starro is easily the best part of this story. I didn't think I would ever find myself saying that, especially when he sounds like a rock-obsessed high school kid who's just excited to be invited to the party.....but sh*t, if I didn't know that starfish can regrow their limbs I'd have shed a tear for the guy this last issue.

Definitely looking forward to the final issue and the regular book that'll follow. I haven't enjoyed the League this much in years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.