Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Weakest character to solo the Annihilators

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...e_Spacedog.jpg

What is the weakest character in fiction that can solo the entire team of Annihilators?
    Last edited by Cody; 05-10-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Tyrant? Thanos?

.....Destroyer Armor....maybe? The Sentry... maybe... not? Maybe yes?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Zoom could I suppose, if he kept pointing the Surfer's blast hand at his teammates. Or took the quantum bands

Or took the quantum bands
    There's solid (not guaranteed, but solid) odds of that being suicide. He doesn't exactly have the suite of abilities that let Annihilus pull it off at the time. The bands have otherwise consumed people that put them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    There's solid (not guaranteed, but solid) odds of that being suicide. He doesn't exactly have the suite of abilities that let Annihilus pull it off at the time. The bands have otherwise consumed people that put them on.
    Even if he kills the user first?

The bands are kind of a trip to use, it just doesn't get a lot of play.

Maybe the Aquarian could pull it off, if the Annihilators aggressively attacked him. I don't think any of their attacks would harm him, and if he could get to melee range, he would have superhuman strength and they wouldn't. However, I'm not sure if his null field would prevent transmutation by the Silver Surfer.

I'd say the Runner, or someone mentioned Zolomon above. Honestly, that's some serious fire power.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

The Space Phantom could take Silver Surfer's place and then transmute Gladiator into a glass statue. Then he could pick off the rest with hit and run attacks, superior speed, and transmutation. If they somehow managed to get him with an AOE attack that exceeded the Surfer's capability for energy absorbtion, the Space Phantom could take over Quasar or Ronan (but not Beta Ray Bill) and continue his attack.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Maybe the Impossible Man? By making them all want to commit suicide?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

What kind of level does the Annihilators' stuff top out at?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    What kind of level does the Annihilators' stuff top out at?
    Basically its 2 FTL planet busters, space Thor and a high end Lantern (quasar). Meh I guess Ronan is there also.

Basically if you can fight Surfer and Kallark and emerge victorious, then the others don't add much.

When they actually fought Thanos, he beat them up pretty convincingly. A similar team of heralds and heroes got put down by Tyrant. No shame in either of those losses, but is the upper end of this sort of teams threat level.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Basically its 2 FTL planet busters, space Thor and a high end Lantern (quasar). Meh I guess Ronan is there also.

Basically if you can fight Surfer and Kallark and emerge victorious, then the others don't add much.

When they actually fought Thanos, he beat them up pretty convincingly. A similar team of heralds and heroes got put down by Tyrant. No shame in either of those losses, but is the upper end of this sort of teams threat level.
    He BFR'd Gladiator, IIRC, didn't punch him out.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He BFR'd Gladiator, IIRC, didn't punch him out.
    Yes that's true. Although I doubt Glads could take many direct blows regardless.
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

My goto, therefore, is as always Set the Destroyer, and the dude seems to be in the perfect place to qualify, here. Barring someone being smart enough to lead with mental assaults (can anyone here DO them?), he's pretty protected against any physical assault this bunch offers by dint of time shenanigans demonstrated to be easily equal to that level of physical assault. He, himself, has energy control/assault powers similar to a Green Lantern, which he uses in combat at supernova levels. There's some argument that the Surfer might be able to transmute him at the bell, but there's an equal argument for him saying 'No, Temporal Fugue, I'm killing you before that' -- which he does automatically, even without knowledge of the incoming attack -- as well as his own completely-shielding armor, which was basically proof against all kinds of crap.

So I'm pretty happy saying this guy CAN solo the Annihilators. There's arguments for them winning as well, but it's within his capabilities and I'd put my money on good old angry Set. What likely happens is that the Surfer gets the first shot 0.000 001 seconds into the match, Set fugues, and hits the entire group with supernova level energies from four different directions AT the bell, directly.

If the Surfer leads with transmutation, which is an argument, then we get into a discussion of 'could Set's armor protect him? Will he fugue anyway when the transmutation hits?' Etc.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate