Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Stuff

More fanfic.
    Again, this was written years ago and while I see some things I would definitely re-write now, I've kept it as is.

MOON KNIGHT: NIGHT OF THE DEMON

Chapter Three - Dance With the Devil

Moon Knight finds himself overwhelmed by the sheer force of the demon-man's attack. His foe is more powerful than any normal man. Could it be, he thinks to himself, that the man he fights truly is a demon? And how could he know about Khonshu? Unless... He is a demon!

In the midst of their fight, Moon Knight sees the three men return from their search, followed by the others he had seen previously. They look on. He thinks he hears one of them call the demon, "Master".

Knowing now that his opponent is not human, he begins to use more deadly attacks. Taking one of his crescent darts, he slashes the demon's face.

"Aaarrggh!"

It appears to do nothing more than aggravate the demon.

"The anchor!" Lady Florence shouts out. "Destroy the anchor!"

"What!?" Moon Knight exclaims as he gets a severe punch to the left side of his face.

"The crystal pendant!" she explains, "It's keeping them here. Like an anchor."

In his fight with the demon, he searches for the pendant. Seeing it hanging from his neck, Moon Knight reaches for it.

The demon quickly catches his hand, and says, "Not that easy, Fist of Khonshu!"

The demon squeezes. He can feel the bones in his right hand begin to break.

"Destroy the anchor!" Lady Florence says again, "Do it now!"

"Shut up!" the demon says, glancing over to her.

With his hand screaming in pain, Moon Knight butts his head against the demon's. Reaching up with his other hand, he grabs the pendant and snatches it off of his neck.

Seeing this, the demon goes to grab his other hand. Moon Knight drops the crystal pendant to the floor and crushes it under his foot.

"Nooooo!" the demon screams.

Immediately the demon's strength began to wane. Moon Knight could feel himself overpowering his foe now. When the other men see that their "Master" is losing, they all join in to save him.

He feels swarmed by these men. Their punches come from every direction. He feels them crushing against his back. He can feel the air being knocked out of him. He can feel the punches getting faster and faster. He can feel the punches getting harder and... softer?

Moon Knight tries to focus his fight dazed eyes. Looking more closely at his foes, he discovers that they're starting to disappear. They are fading into nothing.

When his foes are completely gone, he stumbles over to Florence.

"Thank God you happened upon me." She says, "If they had stayed in physical form past midnight, the spell would have been irreversible."

"What... What were they?"

"Demons from another realm. From what I gather, the leader's name was Valcur. They had intercepted an attempt of mine to find someone." She explains, "You see, I have been studying about Houdini and the seances that he and his wife performed to talk beyond the grave. They weren't successful, mind you, but I think I might have found something. Or so I thought."

"Everything seems alright now." Moon Knight said. "Might I suggest a bit of caution before doing something like this again?"

"I figured the protection spell was all that was necessary. But I was mistaken." Florence looks at his broken hand. "I'm truly sorry."

"Damn you, woman! Why don't you listen?"

"Huh?" she looks at his face. It seems distorted. Twisted. Almost as if... He's changed.

He goes to grab her but is held back by an invisible force.

"Lady," he says to her, "you don't know what you've done to this man. The Fist of Khonshu. I might not be able to harm you with that spell you have up, but he is a different story."

"No!"

Moon Knight's face goes blank and his body falls to the floor. She could see tears begin to roll down his face. She feels that she can hear his soul cry out.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Pages 12-14 of "My Greatest Mis-Adventure!" from 'Nuther World Comics #0.

More art:

Blok (Legion of Super-Heroes)

Blok (Legion of Super-Heroes) - color

Supergirl

More fanfic.
    Again, this was written years ago and while I see some things I would definitely re-write now, I've kept it as is.

MOON KNIGHT: NIGHT OF THE DEMON

Chapter Four - Into the Abyss

Darkness... Everywhere... Complete darkness.

His hand hurts. He can't move it. There's a pain in his chest.

"Where am I?" he asks.

No one answers.

He reaches his arms out to find what he cannot see. He finds nothing. He reaches farther. And farther still.

Nothing.

His arms ache as they go out even farther. They feel as if they are being pulled. Pulled out into the darkness.

Suddenly they fly up and to his sides. His legs are pulled out to his sides, as well.

"I'm being quartered!" he screams. Pain flashes through his body.

"It's... unbearable!"

"Ah, but you will bear it, Fist of Khonshu!"

Valcur, the leader of the demons, appears before him. With his entrance, the darkness is consumed in flame.

Moon Knight can now see the demons pulling at his arms and legs. They laugh hideously as they strive to torture him.

Another demon materializes before him brandishing a sharp instrument in his hand. It looks like one of his crescent darts. The demon begins to carve on his chest.

"Aaarrggh!"

"Don't squirm so much, Spector... Or is it Lockley... Or... maybe it's Grant? Even you don't know the truth about that mystery, do you?" Valcur taunts him, "It's a shame one should die before knowing who they truly are..."

The demon with the dart, after licking the blood from the tip of the blade, slices into him once more.

Moon Knight screams again in agony.

He could hear his own scream echoing through the caverns of the underworld. They sound almost like...

Marlene.

She's trapped by the demons. Her blonde hair is being pulled out, one strand at a time. He can see her reach out for him. She wants him to save her.

The demons touch her face. Their hands leave behind a liquid, burning her skin like acid.

"Marlene! Noooo!"

Again he is drawn back to Valcur and the demons as the one with the dart makes another slice.

He screams in horror as the blade cuts him.

Interlude

Moon Knight's scream makes Lady Florence jump. Well aware of what's going on before her, she runs over to her books.

"Help me!" he screams as he convulses on the floor. "Help... Me..."

Florence finds a book and begins thumbing through it, "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon..."

Finding the page, she begins reciting an ancient incantation over him. His body writhes in anguish as she begins to weave a spell.

Pages 15-16 of "My Greatest Mis-Adventure!" from 'Nuther World Comics #0.

More art:

Bouncing Boy (Legion of Super-Heroes)

Shadow Lass (Legion of Super-Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    A bit more Significant Others material...

Top row (l-r): Dashing Ace, NightGuard, Buckwylde, Gridlock, Tiger Lily, Elektronika and Psiren.
    Bottom row (l-r): Hawthorne, Ruby, MaxFX, Blaze, Moonshot, Decibel and Wizdom.
    Several of them I like, but as a general observation, there's not much skin showing.
    Squatch Kick! - Looking for a bigger kick?
    Currently backing on KickStarter: The Plowshare

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
    Several of them I like, but as a general observation, there's not much skin showing.
    Thanks for the input.
    As I modify them, I'll take that into consideration.

NightGuard will be switching to a smaller mask once he's settled into the new world, since he won't have much of a secret identity to hide anymore.
    I was actually torn with his mask. He's a black character and I like the Golden Age full face masks on pulp heroes but I really didn't want to hide that he's black. That's done too often in comics.
    It'll probably get streamlined once he starts to relax and not be so grim after being around the others.

A couple more character sketches.

Dashing Ace's identity, Colton Rogers:

Preliminary sketch for NightGuard:

Abigail, supporting character
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-18-2014 at 08:53 PM.

My other half was on vacation this last week and we spent the week doing house/yard chores so not a lot done as far as art.
    However, I did manage to squeeze in a sketch of NightGuard's identity, Kian Kelly: