View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

125 31.65%
  • Emma Frost

143 36.20%
  • Jubilee

156 39.49%
  • Chamber

142 35.95%
  • M

144 36.46%
  • Husk

104 26.33%
  • Penance

75 18.99%
  • Synch

91 23.04%
  • Skin

55 13.92%
  • Mondo

27 6.84%
  • Gaia

11 2.78%
  • Artie and Leech

36 9.11%
  • Blink

82 20.76%
  • Maggot

22 5.57%
  • Vincente (AoA)

19 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Just reminding all GenX fans to get their 20th anniversary questions in for Mike Marts. If enough of us asked CBR might take notice and ask him if Marvel's plans to celebrate it. We most likely won't get a straight answer from Marts, but it's a good way to remind him that GenX fans are still around. Remember a few months back in a CBR interview we were assured that Marvel had "plans" for a GenX reunion.

yes, I just posted a question. I phrased it so he can at least have an opportunity to explain why they are so reluctant to give us a Gen X reunion...

Hello Mr. Marts...

any plans for Gen X next year? even if we dont get anything for their 20th anniversary this year I did enjoy seeing some of them in Nightcralwer. But they really need to have at least a mini that reunites them. Is there any reason why its difficult to give them some proper attention (compared to the New Mutants who do tend to reunite every few year & have had a couple relaunches of their title?)

Im glad to see many others are asking. I think we shoud keep asking until we get a proper response(either a mini, or reunion in an ongoing, or a proper answer* as to why they wont give in to fans demands.)

*with proper answer I mean something other than "we're thinking about it" "we're talking about it" "we like the characters too" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yes, I just posted a question. I phrased it so he can at least have an opportunity to explain why they are so reluctant to give us a Gen X reunion...

Hello Mr. Marts...

any plans for Gen X next year? even if we dont get anything for their 20th anniversary this year I did enjoy seeing some of them in Nightcralwer. But they really need to have at least a mini that reunites them. Is there any reason why its difficult to give them some proper attention (compared to the New Mutants who do tend to reunite every few year & have had a couple relaunches of their title?)

Im glad to see many others are asking. I think we shoud keep asking until we get a proper response(either a mini, or reunion in an ongoing, or a proper answer* as to why they wont give in to fans demands.)

*with proper answer I mean something other than "we're thinking about it" "we're talking about it" "we like the characters too" etc...
    Great question Jawbreaker. Let's hope CBR asked it.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

M is always the power and the fun of every team shes in.
    Since Gen X i love her and knew shed be the one with a big future. She was core of the X-Factor for years and is back with the X-Men in such a badass way!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Since Gen X i love her and knew shed be the one with a big future. She was core of the X-Factor for years and is back with the X-Men in such a badass way!
    M was one of the great things about GenX. A mystery with a sprinkle arrogance and a touch of vulnerability.

Most of the kids were pretty complex. They rarely write teen characters like GenX anymore. They're all slightly broken when they arrive on Emma and Sean's doorstep (the exception being Ev, but he was unique for being the well adjusted one among a bunch of outsiders).

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Which issues of gen x or storyline should I stop at in the original run?
    Any. Help ????

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Any. Help ????
    Ehh, anything with "Pooka" in it leave it be, the rest is good.

What issues

okay I believe youre good from issue #1 to I think around #32. Once they switch to Hama as writer you want to drop it(unless you get really into the book & need more and arent scared off by giant talking ferrets) and then pick up again in Faebrers(#45) and later Wood's run til the end with #75

unfortunatley I belive only trades available are 2 volumes of the Lobdell issues(including the Phalanx stuff which is how the group was formed b/4 the Gen X title) & last 4 issues of counter x stuff later so the rest you have to track down as individual issues.

heres a wiki link with the collected issues in trade so far. Some of these include issues from books other than Gen X like the Zero Tolerance tpb.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generat...ected_editions

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Itd be so cool to have this book again... an ongoing Gen X with everyone now, in early/mid 20's
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Itd be so cool to have this book again... an ongoing Gen X with everyone now, in early/mid 20's
    I'd give SO much money to read that comic!

BANNED

I actually thought before too that shelll have a good future, and Hollow. hehehe.

Hollow/Penance became an avenger. She was also a member of The Loners.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.

They put our GenX question to Marts - great team work.

Here's the reply:

The second overall question was about the upcoming 20th Anniversary for "Generation X." Previously, your predecessor, Mr. Nick Lowe, mentioned that there might be something in store for that. Is that still planned as 2015 approaches?

Marts: Yes! We haven't moved past that and that's been something we've talked about quite a bit, so expect something from that in 2015.

Yeah but it is still pretty vague, And the culture of the current X-office is locked in their 70's nostalgia.

I Still Cant believe the brought the O5 through time travel for more stories.

It's vague, but at least the Marvel brass know there's still loads of interest in GenX and that we haven't forgotten they said they had plans.