View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

125 31.65%
  • Emma Frost

143 36.20%
  • Jubilee

156 39.49%
  • Chamber

142 35.95%
  • M

144 36.46%
  • Husk

104 26.33%
  • Penance

75 18.99%
  • Synch

91 23.04%
  • Skin

55 13.92%
  • Mondo

27 6.84%
  • Gaia

11 2.78%
  • Artie and Leech

36 9.11%
  • Blink

82 20.76%
  • Maggot

22 5.57%
  • Vincente (AoA)

19 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 119 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

You have Artie and Leech in the poll but no twins?!?! Shame. What about Howard the Duck, Franklin, Gateway and Tana Nile?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    You have Artie and Leech in the poll but no twins?!?! Shame. What about Howard the Duck, Franklin, Gateway and Tana Nile?
    I think I used up the maximum number of choices in creating this poll, lol... but I never considered them a big enough part of Generation X to include them among the heroes. The M-Twins are definitely an oversight on my part, though -- even though they weren't in the series much (as twins). I guess I just don't want to think about the whole M-Penance-Twins thing. ;P

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Hey since Jubilee is a vampire, cant she technically resurrect Synch and Skin with necromancy? Yeah they would be undead, but Jubilee is showing it is a manageable condition.

^^ Well, technically, both Angelo and Everett were already resurrected during the Necrosha storyline. If they got off the island, they could come back like Doug and Clarice. But, thus far, no one has cared enough to bother.
    perpetually exploding horror face

My Art | My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheFool View Post
    ^^ Well, technically, both Angelo and Everett were already resurrected during the Necrosha storyline. If they got off the island, they could come back like Doug and Clarice. But, thus far, no one has cared enough to bother.
    Wow, I forgot about that. wow, I guess K&Y did Gen-X a solid but no one did anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheFool View Post
    Synch was among my favorite characters in Generation X when it first began. However, it seemed like they didn't know how to write him as the series went on. His powers were great, and to this day I remember the rainbow aura that would surround him when he used his powers.

Lodbell and Bachelo really created something special with this series. Shame what happened to it, and a lot of its characters. I think this team really did a great job of creating unique characters and unique abilities without going overboard into the weird zone like Grant Morrison's X-Men, or too perfect and boring like the New Mutant relaunch with Elixir, Wither, and co.

Favorite Generation X characters in order;

Chamber
    Synch
    M
    Husk
    Jubilee
    Skin
    Read my comic series online for free!
    legendofazure.com

Lodbell and Bachelo did something really special with GenX, it's sad the series had to go through Larry Hama's disastrous run. Issue #36, (the one with the 6', talking weasel in the smoking jacket with the Martini shaker) is still one of the worse X-comics ever written. Nothing was the same after that. Hama and GenX were just not a good fit and it really hurt sales. Also a lot of the art during Hama's run was terrible.

The weird bit about the whole Hama thing is, I don't think he was necessarily to blame - he was fine writing Jubilee in his Wolverine run - rumors were that Marvel told him to aim it at a younger, wider target audience. Maybe he just didn't feel comfortable writing a comic series like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Lodbell and Bachelo did something really special with GenX, it's sad the series had to go through Larry Hama's disastrous run. Issue #36, (the one with the 6', talking weasel in the smoking jacket with the Martini shaker) is still one of the worse X-comics ever written. Nothing was the same after that. Hama and GenX were just not a good fit and it really hurt sales. Also a lot of the art during Hama's run was terrible.

The weird bit about the whole Hama thing is, I don't think he was necessarily to blame - he was fine writing Jubilee in his Wolverine run - rumors were that Marvel told him to aim it at a younger, wider target audience. Maybe he just didn't feel comfortable writing a comic series like that.
    Where it started to where it went was something heartbreaking!

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I thought everyone might find it interesting.

Scott Lobdell - Why I Left Generation X

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I thought everyone might find it interesting.

Scott Lobdell - Why I Left Generation X

awwwww Synch. He seems like he was upset about that. I wonder who the writer was at the time of his death?

I'm never going to call Everette "Sink"

Warren Ellis, I think...Or Woods.

Both the stupid time jump and killing the heart of the team in Ev, were cheap hacks to get sales up. I'm not surprised his upset.

Btw Does anyone know what happened to Gaia? I've never been able to figure out what happens to her. She there and then she's not...
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-05-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Warren Ellis, I think...Or Woods.

Both the stupid time jump and killing the heart of the team in Ev, were cheap hacks to get sales up. I'm not surprised his upset.

Btw Does anyone know what happened to Gaia? I've never been able to figure out what happens to her. She there and then she's not...
    I think it was the issue where Maggot showed up. Anyway, she just decides to leave, one of the kids tells Emma, and Emma just shrugs and says whatever. You never see Gaia again.

Pretty pathetic way to write out a character.
    Read my comic series online for free!
    legendofazure.com

Quote Originally Posted by Measley View Post
    I think it was the issue where Maggot showed up. Anyway, she just decides to leave, one of the kids tells Emma, and Emma just shrugs and says whatever. You never see Gaia again.

Pretty pathetic way to write out a character.
    she was a pathetic excuse for a character. Daria ( the ORIGINAL sentinel/X-man) should have joined the team

BANNED

20 votes for Hollow/Penance? I am surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    20 votes for Hollow/Penance? I am surprised.
    Penance was actually an interesting character back before they retconned her origin into knots.