View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

125 31.65%
  • Emma Frost

143 36.20%
  • Jubilee

156 39.49%
  • Chamber

142 35.95%
  • M

144 36.46%
  • Husk

104 26.33%
  • Penance

75 18.99%
  • Synch

91 23.04%
  • Skin

55 13.92%
  • Mondo

27 6.84%
  • Gaia

11 2.78%
  • Artie and Leech

36 9.11%
  • Blink

82 20.76%
  • Maggot

22 5.57%
  • Vincente (AoA)

19 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    even worse, the Gen Xers will be teachers but they'll be inept and the kids will always save their butts, while saying lots of "wasnt Gen X lame/so90's?!!" jokes.

of course stupid me will buy it b/c Gen X characters are in it...
    Yeah, join the club...I'd suffer a whole comic of NXS kiddies just for a panel of the GenXers. ( and no Marvel, that is not an idea you may use...) But you're right it'll just be our guys jobbing to the new kids. At least they never had bubbles and Gateway doesn't give two hoots about keeping an eye on them!

Most importantly - they never had a freakin' tree house!

What happened to Chamber being one of the most powerful mutants on earth - a being of pure psionic energy? M being the queen of perfect. Husk being some kind of X prodigy? Where did Marvel loose all these plot threads?

Btw just noticed: Happy 50 pages everyone!
    Last edited by Beezzi; 05-26-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

I posted this piece I finished just a minute ago over at the Monet app thread, but I'll repost it here just for the sake of it. Let's keep this thread alive!!

M1.jpg
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

oooh so nice!

Mark Panicia mentioned Gen X in his twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Mark Paniccia ‏@MarkPaniccia May 30

Juan Gedeon @juan_gedeon
    That's my editor!! Congrats @MarkPaniccia The mutants are in good hands. Bring back Chamber and Skin!! http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...els-x-men-line

Mark Paniccia retweeted Juan Gedeon
    love you too, Juan. And you are so right. It would be cool to see a GEN X reunion some day.
    I dont want to get my hopes up... "some day" feels like he means "not during my tenure."

oooh so nice!

I dont want to get my hopes up... "some day" feels like he means "not during my tenure."
    Fingerscrossed! *Starts prayer circle up again*

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    I posted this piece I finished just a minute ago over at the Monet app thread, but I'll repost it here just for the sake of it. Let's keep this thread alive!!

M1.jpg
    Awesome like always Miraclo....always nice to see new, fresh GenX art!

Btw has anyone seen Starleaf around? I feel there's a gab in our little circle of GenX-ness....

the complex must have her depressed...

seriously it gets me depressed, makes me want to just give up completely on Marvel.

"sometimes I wish I could just quit you, Gen X." -me

seriously it gets me depressed, makes me want to just give up completely on Marvel.

I know what you mean...

Was telling another poster, who hadn't read any GenX yet, about those first four issues tonight and now I'm itching to re-read them. GenX is weird - it got into the blood and consciousness of the teens that read it at the time.

It still reads unlike any other x-comic. The characters, the art, the little plot crumbs...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I know what you mean...

GenX is weird - it got into the blood and consciousness of the teens that read it at the time.

It still reads unlike any other x-comic. The characters, the art, the little plot crumbs...
    ^This.

Since Marvel failed to acknowledge GenX's 20th anniversary, I decided to undertake my own personal tribute by re-reading the each issue on its own 20th anniversary, starting w/ #1 last September. I'm about to start #5 after finishing up the AoA GenNext series, and Wow, the series is even more enjoyable as an adult. I loved it as a teen, but now that I'm older, I really have a better appreciation for the storytelling, the characters, the dialogue and art. It makes me realize what a special, special comic GenX was during the Lobdell/Bachalo run. That duo created some wonderful work.

I plan on continuing to re-read each issue on its own 20th anniversary as the series goes along. I'm not sure how it'll hold up for me once I hit the post-Lobdell/Bachalo run. But right now, I'm falling back in love all over again.
    Last edited by Brian621; 06-05-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

^ oh no wonder, of course, Skottie loves Gen X! ;-)

Im disappointed no Gen X questions got asked for this weeks X-Position. I think they're getting sick of the Gen X questions from us and are deliberately skipping them. :-(

anyone else worry that with the way Marvel is ignoring X-men in everything that Gen-X iswill end up getting completely forgotten? :-(
    ...It's definitely possible that they're deliberately skipping them at this point, lolz.

I asked maybe three or four GenX-related questions for this week's X-POS posed to the X-Editors, so we'll see.

Yeah, I'm thinking CBR went to the general "what other teams will be seeing questions" instead.

I know what you mean. Worst case scenario and cynical me is worried the NXS kiddies somehow end up with a book called Generation X after SW - with no actual GenX in it! That would be insult to injury! Fiddlesticks!
    Lol, that would be such trolling by Marvel... but I doubt they'd stick the Generation X label on something that doesn't include any of the original characters. They'd probably go with a more generic title like "Academy X," "New X-Men," "Young X-Men," or "New Mutants" (lolz) instead.

even worse, the Gen Xers will be teachers but they'll be inept and the kids will always save their butts, while saying lots of "wasnt Gen X lame/so90's?!!" jokes.

of course stupid me will buy it b/c Gen X characters are in it...
    :-p
    ... *sniffles* I'd be right there with you. XD

Yeah, join the club...I'd suffer a whole comic of NXS kiddies just for a panel of the GenXers. ( and no Marvel, that is not an idea you may use...) But you're right it'll just be our guys jobbing to the new kids. At least they never had bubbles and Gateway doesn't give two hoots about keeping an eye on them!

Most importantly - they never had a freakin' tree house!

What happened to Chamber being one of the most powerful mutants on earth - a being of pure psionic energy? M being the queen of perfect. Husk being some kind of X prodigy? Where did Marvel loose all these plot threads?

Btw just noticed: Happy 50 pages everyone! :-D
    Damn straight, Skippy! And happy mini-thread-iversary, lol.

Noice!

I like everybody's outfits.

I just only kind of wish Penance was included. ...She'd probably be a goth, often mistaken for emo, with no way to tell people the difference. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post

M1.jpg
    Sah-weet! She's always so classy. ;D

oooh so nice!

"And you are so right. It would be cool to see a GEN X reunion some day."

I suppose if the actual Gen X reunion plans were still on, he would've mentioned them.

But it's nice to see comic book creators who remember Gen X. That's the first step to getting them back on the page.

Btw has anyone seen Starleaf around? I feel there's a gap in our little circle of GenX-ness....:-(

I'm here!

:-p
    Hah, you nailed it.

I might give up these boards entirely till we see something solid on Gen X. With the Storm solo gone, there's no much point in hanging out otherwise. I mean, it's an internet messageboard, there really wasn't much of a point to begin with, but... you know... XD Not ENOUGH of a reason to hang around. :-P

I know what you mean...

Was telling another poster, who hadn't read any GenX yet, about those first four issues tonight and now I'm itching to re-read them. GenX is weird - it got into the blood and consciousness of the teens that read it at the time.

Agreed and that's why it's my favorite x-comic. Fortunately, Marvel did release "Generation X Classic" Vol. 1 and included issues #1 through #4 in it. That's enough of a primer to make anyone hungry for more track down Vol. 2 and whatever back issues they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian621 View Post
    ^This.

Since Marvel failed to acknowledge GenX's 20th anniversary, I decided to undertake my own personal tribute by re-reading the each issue on its own 20th anniversary, starting w/ #1 last September. I'm about to start #5 after finishing up the AoA GenNext series, and Wow, the series is even more enjoyable as an adult. I loved it as a teen, but now that I'm older, I really have a better appreciation for the storytelling, the characters, the dialogue and art. It makes me realize what a special, special comic GenX was during the Lobdell/Bachalo run. That duo created some wonderful work.

I plan on continuing to re-read each issue on its own 20th anniversary as the series goes along. I'm not sure how it'll hold up for me once I hit the post-Lobdell/Bachalo run. But right now, I'm falling back in love all over again.
    That's great, thanks for sharing! (I swear, there should be a drinking game for every time I say "thanks for sharing"). But really, I mean it.

I reread the Lobdell/Bachalo comics some years ago, when I was older (then skipped around a bit, enjoyed the Faerber issues, etc.) and I agree.

Feel free to let us know about your later progress. I don't think you should feel any shame for just skimming the Larry Hama issues, if you so choose. ;-)

Jubilee Runaways info:
    http://marvel.com/cards/121/the_art_...sketchbook/all

Jubilee

“Again, pushing her in a different direction; in the [Marvel Universe], she’s the bubbly spitfire. She still has that, but she’s definitely emo. Jubilee’s a leader [of the Night Witches] so, you know, if you are a leader, you’ve gotta look cool.”
    ==========

Jubilee & Generation X get mentions in this slideshow:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...men-apocalypse

Of course, it's the Generation X movie. Not exactly the kind of mention you like to see, but whatever. ;D They still included a picture of the real Generation X, too!

==========

And here's a teeny-tiny bit of a connection between X-Men '92, which is bringing us fabulous '90s Jubilee now, and Generation X, which brought us fabulous '90s Jubilee during the '90s:

Scott Koblish, the artist of X-Men '92 = Scott Koblish, an inker on Generation X Annual 1999.

And since ComicVine isn't always the most reliable of sources, here's a couple of back-up sources:
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Generation_X_Annual_Vol_1_1999
    http://comicbookdb.com/creator_title...&cID=348&pID=3

I also found this comment on his blog, but I'm not sure if he's quoting someone named Matt or saying it himself:

But when you look back at great moments of comic creators; Miller Daredevil, Byrne Fantastic Four, Claremont/Simonson X-Men, Lobdell Generation-X, Stan Lee everything, etc., the one thing they all have in common is a tidal wave of ideas. New characters, new places, new situations, in every single issue. The bad news for those guys is that they all burned out from burning the candle at both ends. The good news for the rest of us is their genius still remains. So shoot for the moon, would be creators, there’s no disgrace in failure, only in failure to try.
    Well... can we at least say that he wouldn't be quoting this Matt person if he didn't agree with him? Hah. Anyway, like I said, just a tiny connection.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 06-09-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

nice to see ya again Starleaf, but yeah I know what you mean about sticking around. Ive been thinking of leaving for a while too but I sorta have a morbid curiosity about the the whole complex fiasco, its like a bad soap opera. It makes me want to rage and yet I keep wanting to see how that whole thing unfurls. Also I think its important to keep the Gen X thread alive, even if its just fanart and reminiscing b/c I fear the whole book and characters being forgotten.

its nice that Paniccia respectfully mentioned them instead of just pulling a Bendis and making a crass fansRlame joke like "Gen X who"? or something Bendis-ish like that.

nice find on Koblish! maybe he'll suggest some Gen X cameos to the X92 writer?
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 06-09-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

nice to see ya again Starleaf, but yeah I know what you mean about sticking around. Ive been thinking of leaving for a while too but I sorta have a morbid curiosity about the the whole complex fiasco, its like a bad soap opera. It makes me want to rage and yet I want to keep wanting to see how that whole thing unfurls. Also I think its important to keep the Gen X thread alive, even if its just fanart and reminiscing b/c I fear the whole book and characters being forgotten.
    I agree and that's also part of the reason you'll often find the Penance thread on the first few pages, lol. Campaigning for C-List & D-List characters to be recognized never goes out of style!

its nice that Paniccia respectfully mentioned them instead of just pulling a Bendis and making a crass fansRlame joke like "Gen X who"? or something Bendis-ish like that.
    Ugh, yeah, Bendis just continues to be disrespectful, even now that he's off the x-books. I don't want X-Men books created by someone who talks & thinks that way.

So yeah, Paniccia is a nice change of pace, at least judging by that one tweet. Nice find, btw. I don't often troll Twitter for Gen X comments, but you really nailed it with finding that one. ;D

nice find on Koblish! maybe he'll suggest some Gen X cameos to the X92 writer?
    Thanks! And, well, you never know, I guess. I suppose he could always try to fit them into a crowd or something and try to sneak 'em past the DisMarvel guard dogs 'cos it's in a purely nostalgia book that they aren't paying attention to anyway. ;D

==============

Anyway, a couple of things I noticed today:

Some of our Gen X ladies:

http://marveltradingcards.tumblr.com...-series-1-1998

And one Gen X man:

http://mattchic.deviantart.com/art/J...SHEE-499992248

============

X-Editors' X-Position Part 1 is up:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-beyond-part-1

A lot of "Generation X" fans -- specifically jubilees_bf -- want to know what's going on with that series' anniversary special.

What ever happened to Generation X getting an anniversary celebration of sorts this year? Is this still a possibility, as previously mentioned?

Paniccia: Shoot. 2014 was the 20th anniversary. Hey David Gabriel, does this mean we have to wait for the 25th to do something?

Ketchum: I was developing a "Generation X" project pre-"Secret Wars," but it didn't reach fruition for a few reasons... like the Marvel Universe being obliterated. But! Every time we approach writers for pitches for new series, we get bombarded with ideas for new "Generation X" projects. (Who knew Mondo had such a following?) So rest assured, it's only a matter of time...
    First Reaction:

YES!! Thank you to jubilees_bf for phrasing it in such a manner as they actually asked the question -- and then you got an actual answer! Thanks to the X-Editors for actually answering it in an in-depth manner, not just "cancelled 'cos the whole universe blew up, sorry" or something like that. XD

Second Reaction:

Of course, getting pitches for Gen X projects isn't anywhere near the point of actually getting something made.

But at least it does show that there are people within Marvel who would like to see a Generation X project get made. And plenty of things have been pitched at Marvel for years, staying in their collective consciousness, before someone decides, "Hey, let's do that idea so-and-so had a while back! This looks like the right time for a project like that."

Delayed Third Reaction:

...Err, but of course it sucks that the plans have definitely been canned.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 06-09-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I read somewhere a long time ago, I think it was Quesada, who said that Gen X is one of the titles they get the most new pitches for. But here's the thing- somebody or a group of somebodies over there keeps vetoing these pitches, someone's got a really anti-Gen X bias and isnt letting these projects happen. WHO THE $#%@ ARE YOU!?

What can I say guys? The spirit is willing, but the Marvel is not....

At least Starleaf gave us some awesome fan art to lift our spirits. :-)

I miss those girls, that Irish father figure guy, and the rest of our wonderful misfits.

(Mmm...I need to start a GenX pintest page - it's hipster, but I like all my fanart in one place! Could one board contain the awesomeness of GenX? Maybe or it might break the whole internet...)

I read somewhere a long time ago, I think it was Quesada, who said that Gen X is one of the titles they get the most new pitches for. But here's the thing- somebody or a group of somebodies over there keeps vetoing these pitches, someone's got a really anti-Gen X bias and isnt letting these projects happen. WHO THE $#%@ ARE YOU!?
    Or quite honestly the pitches weren't strong enough.

I mean, as a fan, I'd love to see Gen X get a second-go that lasts as long as the most recent New Mutants volume, but at the same time wouldn't want something so mediocre to exist so long. :|

Mediocre....I have no words and there isn't a emote frowny or sad enough....

Wouldn't need to have tried very hard to beat any of the stuff in the current books - Marvel sinking to new lows lately - the bar isn't that high. A new GenX mini - would've at least out sold the last months of Storm and Nightcrawler.