Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Rebellion of the Incels

This is an interesting phenomenon that could not have occurred before the Internet existed and could bring these people together.

The "incels" think they flop with women because they're physically unattractive, but I think most of them don't really have that problem. Alex Minassian looked normal, and Elliot Rodger wasn't bad looking. I think it's much more a matter of their being socially inept, of their having no idea what kind of impression they make. Besides, I've seen butt-ugly hoodlums who snagged attractive women right and left, simply because many women are attracted to that sort. Minassian and Rodger would have had plenty of women if they had been hoodlums.

In any case, we've all known men who were "incels." And now some of them are angry and are demanding to be noticed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.488f4ad6711f

Invincible Member

They wouldn't have had to been hoodlums, they just would have had the confidence to actually approach a woman. For whatever reason, they decided that it's everyone's fault that they can't measure up to society's standards in that regard. And while I don't think most people go the extremes that Incel guys do, it's not that uncommon in human nature. Refusing to that responsibility for one's own actions ( inactions) and all that.

Elloit and Alex obviously had serious emotional issues that instead of getting help for, just festered until it they burst.

For what it's worth, I have seen some Incel trying to distance themselves from Minassian.

Invincible Member

Also, "Incel" kinda sounds like the name of the bad guys in a Tom Clancy novel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They wouldn't have had to been hoodlums, they just would have had the confidence to actually approach a woman. For whatever reason, they decided that it's everyone's fault that they can't measure up to society's standards in that regard. And while I don't think most people go the extremes that Incel guys do, it's not that uncommon in human nature. Refusing to that responsibility for one's own actions ( inactions) and all that.

Elloit and Alex obviously had serious emotional issues that instead of getting help for, just festered until it they burst.

For what it's worth, I have seen some Incel trying to distance themselves from Minassian.
    They didn't need to be hoodlums, although that would have worked for them. Their problem was that they had no clue about their social presentation.

Most incels are men, but I've known a few women who were incels too.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

In any event, it sounds like these clowns are straight up deviants.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In any event, it sounds like these clowns are straight up deviants.
    Yeah, I think it's funny ( or not so funny) that some of these guys purposely self-define themselves in ways that most people stereotype serial killers..."I'm angry and lonely and can't socialize with normal people. I want women but can't talk to them so it's their fault and I project that anger outwards."
    Last edited by ed2962; 04-25-2018 at 07:25 PM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

In an alienating society where people are more and more isolated than ever, there are opportunists peddling simple answers.

BANNED

I suspect that Dylan Roof was an incel too.

And every school shooter has probably been one.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I suspect that Dylan Roof was an incel too.

And every school shooter has probably been one.
    I don't know if I'd go that far. It wouldn't describe the Columbine shooters or the Parkland shooter.

BANNED

I don't know if I'd go that far. It wouldn't describe the Columbine shooters or the Parkland shooter.
    They were socially inept, and the wages of social ineptitude is celibacy. They may not have been virgins, but they were flops with women.

I don't have a list, but if I did this would definitely make the top tier of stupid **** I've seen.

The Rebellion of the Incels?

What's the end game? To force women to hook up with them? I think there is a word, or quite possibly even a sentence for that.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I don't have a list, but if I did this would definitely make the top tier of stupid **** I've seen.

The Rebellion of the Incels?

What's the end game? To force women to hook up with them? I think there is a word, or quite possibly even a sentence for that.
    The Incels know women aren't going to want them, their end game is vengeance. They fantasize about getting even.

BANNED

The Incels know women aren't going to want them, their end game is vengeance. They fantasize about getting even.
    I agree. Thy're just angry and are lashing out.

I'm never going to normalize calling these creeps "Incels".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Elliot Rodger had a dad in the film industry.

If you can't parley a well to do family with legit connections to the film industry into any success with Women as a young adult, you probably didn't even try.

At all.

And "The Incels" sounds like the name of a villainous cabal in a late 90's Clairmont -penned Xmen comic.