Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Unknown? There are quite a few characters (heroes) in the potentially limitless strength category.

Hulk is the favorite choice, but that requires him to get really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY mad, as where several other OP characters like Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Gilgamesh, Gabriel Shepherd, etc., are already far beyond "normal/base Hulk" strength without further boosting their strength using their own inherent x-factors, or power augmentation abilities. In the case of Hyperion and Blue Marvel, we may never know what their top end is, simply because they will never have as many solo title opportunities as Hulk or Sentry to display peak feats.

So yeah, let's stick with Hulk for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    ...in terms of any kind of power ie, who is the most powerful Marvel hero? Scarlet Witch. She's capable of changing actual reality. It doesn't get much more powerful than that.
    Not to derail the thread, but Wanda's Chaos Magic just makes her a reality warper. Well, there are a number of omniversal scale reality warpers around like Mad Jim Jaspers and adult Franklin Richards who are not only more powerful than Wanda in that respect, but who can use their abilities with a measure of acumen and precision that Wanda frankly lacks at this stage of her development. Yes, the Scarlet Witch has the potential for ridiculous feats, but she's not the apex.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but Wanda's Chaos Magic just makes her a reality warper. Well, there are a number of omniversal scale reality warpers around like Mad Jim Jaspers and adult Franklin Richards who are not only more powerful than Wanda in that respect, but who can use their abilities with a measure of acumen and precision that Wanda frankly lacks at this stage of her development. Yes, the Scarlet Witch has the potential for ridiculous feats, but she's not the apex.
    Agreed

Imo mjolnir, m alone, and especially franklin are far beyond Wanda

Essential I feel franklin is limited only by his age

Astonishing Member

Unknown? There are quite a few characters (heroes) in the potentially limitless strength category.

Hulk is the favorite choice, but that requires him to get really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY mad, as where several other OP characters like Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Gilgamesh, Gabriel Shepherd, etc., are already far beyond "normal/base Hulk" strength without further boosting their strength using their own inherent x-factors, or power augmentation abilities. In the case of Hyperion and Blue Marvel, we may never know what their top end is, simply because they will never have as many solo title opportunities as Hulk or Sentry to display peak feats.

So yeah, let's stick with Hulk for now.
    I agree, hercules for example is well beyond a base hulk, the others too

BANNED

If you use insane feats, as far as I am concerned until I see someone outdoing something like holding the Heavens In place, it's the Lion of Olympus.

But Im general Marvel tends to back on the Hulk because of the cartoon x factor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    If you use insane feats, as far as I am concerned until I see someone outdoing something like holding the Heavens In place, it's the Lion of Olympus.

But Im general Marvel tends to back on the Hulk because of the cartoon x factor.
    I liked how herc was ready to try and resist the rotation of the earth on his own in no surrender, sure sunspot and jane helped

but he was more than ready to go solo

Astonishing Member

In terms of standard base level I would say hercules

BANNED

Hulk is the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

I think Marvel tends to discount what Atlas does regularly because the actual structure of "the Heavens" does not hold true to the myth. It turns into either a metaphysical or metaphorical feat, although most readers can only relate to it as a feat of strength.

I'd have to say the Hulk
    Secret-Wars-4.jpg

Theoretically the Hulk, since he has access to limitless strength due to how his powers work.

Practically the Sentry, since his base power level is absolutely ridiculous. Sentry, in a weakened state, fought World War Hulk to a standstill. Sentry at his best mirrored the combined strength of over 100 heroes (including Hyperion, Blue Marvel, other bricks and the Hulk, whose gamma radiation was amping up).

I would argue that Hulk can't power up quick enough to take on the Sentry, if Sentry goes for the kill. If Sentry holds back, Hulk could eventually catch up, but it would take him a long time.

If you take the Sentry out of the discussion, since he really shouldn't be discussed in such battles, then it's between Hulk and Hyperion. Mark Milton Hyperion has held two Earths apart (arguably two universes, which is just bonkers), so his base level might be higher than Hulks. But Hyperion can't amp himself up the same way Hulk can. Hyperion had the upper hand against Hulk in one of their fights, but if it had gone for longer, I do think that Hulk would have been able to catch up sooner or later - and obviously much sooner than it would be against someone like the Sentry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'd have to say the Hulk
    Secret-Wars-4.jpg
    This wasn't even the strongest version of hulk either

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Hulk.

His non cap rage strenght is planet destroyer and OP.
    That's correct.

Astonishing Member

I think Marvel tends to discount what Atlas does regularly because the actual structure of "the Heavens" does not hold true to the myth. It turns into either a metaphysical or metaphorical feat, although most readers can only relate to it as a feat of strength.
    those legendary feats are hard to judge

In the ares mini the heros of ancient Greece, were fighting, there was a suggestion they were from a parallel version of Earth, maybe that's where all the legends happen, so it coukd be literally true there?
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-10-2018 at 01:00 PM.

The J-man