Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default As X-Men fans, who is your favorite Marvel character outside of the X-Men?

Hey, fam.

I know this forum is to discuss the X-Men and their mythos; however, I feel we have a strong sense of community here and part of this forum is to have discussions about fans of the X-Men as well. Let's get to know each other more. 🤗

You can let me know if I'm wrong to assume, but I'm sure the majority of us here are primarily X-Men fans, so I want to know-- who's your favorite Marvel character/team outside of the X-Men and why do you enjoy them? Or, if you don't have one, is there a reason why you don't have interest in the Marvel corners outside of the X-Men?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Spider-Man. I grew up on X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons so I like mostly only them.

Gamora, Thanos, Invisible Woman, Thor Odinson, Hulk, Moonstone and Dr. Doom are my favorite characters of the MU in that order.

Cyclops is my favorite character in all of fiction and Psylocke is my 2nd favorite X-Men but there are many favorites in the X-Men for me like Kurt, Dazzler, Colossus, Sabretooth, Gambit and others.

BANNED

Spider-Man

All-New Member The Barrel-rider's Avatar

It fluctuates regularly, but most likely The Sentry. His initial mini by Paul Jenkins blew me away and I've loved him ever since.

My first love was Spider-Man, but that was ruined with One More Day. I'm hoping now that Slott is gone that I might be able to get back into him again.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Spider-Man was my first Marvel love. I'm also quite fond of the Avengers as I tend to gravitate more towards team books.

BANNED

Black Panther. Who wouldn't want to be the richest and most powerful man on the planet?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Spiderman/Fantastic Four

They seem the most "mutant-adjacent" but still have historical importance unlike most of the wider Marvel properties
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I started to show interest in Black Panther after I've seen the movie.

I like Thor, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Adam Warlock, and Silver Surfer to varying degrees. They are godly and mythic and mostly noble despite having the propensity for destructive violence. But they all pale in comparison to [my love for] Storm, but still, a similar theme.

The modern The Ultimates has been an interesting run. A bit closer to something like The Authority, but still in the more moderated tone of Marvel. It has potential. I'd love to see Storm form a X-team in that vein: all the powerhouses going hard in high concept, global/cosmic stories. Cyke's Extinction team was supposed to be that, but it didn't actually deliver on that promise in my opinion. Ororo's X-treme/XSE squad was closer, but I'd still amp it up a bit more( Storm leads: Magma, Namor, Sunspot, Monet(back to her >Emma Gen X telepathy levels, and super-intelligence, thanks you!), Magik, and Xorn, for example).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Punisher, HUlk, Dr Doom, Baron Zemo, Carnage

BANNED

Daredevil
    Spider-Man
    Moon Knight
    Hank Pym
    Clint Barton
    Bruce Banner
    Quicksilver
    Richard Rider

They are flawed and human. And I love flawed characters.

I only like Daredevil.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Black Panther. Who wouldn't want to be the richest and most powerful man on the planet?
    Well, BP is none of these things so idk.

Captain America and Spider-Man, probably. I like just about everyone though, it’d be easier to list the characters I don’t like.

Mighty Member

Robert Bruce Banner.