Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Moon Knight, Hulk, Elektra, Valkyrie, and the Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I remember the good old days when he'd effortlessly wrap the Hulk up in the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak to keep him from raging out, until he finally tired himself out struggling and reverted to Banner, or when the Avengers and Fantastic Four would be desperately fighting Galactus and Dr. Strange would show up and cast a spell and stagger him single-handedly.

I don't know who started the trend of powering him down from 'Sorcerer Supreme' levels (I remember being annoyed when he was an Avenger, under Bendis, and couldn't seem to do anything that he'd formerly been capable of, and ended up losing the mantle anyway), but it's annoying. There are plenty of lower tier magic-users, like Hellstrom or Jimaine Szardos, that could be used, if that's what is needed. Dr. Strange should remain one of the big guns, able to hang with the Silver Surfer without it seeming like a mis-match.

Yeah. Aaron, for some reason, like to write male characters as womanizing goobers, and he did so with Strange, who was never like that. (I suspect Aaron of using characters to be his wish fulfillment since he does it so often). Couple that with the stupid “magic has a price” once upon a time crap he inflicted on Strange, and I didn’t even last the first arc. I was a longtime fan of the character but not under his pen. Aaron’s Strange gets a hard pass from me. I have no interest ina magical version of Tony Stark.

As for kudos to writers I do like, Kelly Thompson’s Hawkeye made me a bigger fan of Kate Bishop and I’m looking forward to reading her in West Coast Avengers.

I know i'm going to catch hell for this, but Scarlet Witch. At least up until Avengers Disassembled. Bendis ruined her, which isn't to say she didn't have moments of breakdowns and insanity before, but that was something that made it interesting. Bendis took it to another level of which took nearly a decade to partially recover from. Though House of M was good as a whole the No More Mutants thing was awful. Still, her entire history has been very interesting to me.

Thor (Odinson)
    Dr Strange
    Dr Doom
    Loki
    Enchantress
    Galactus
    The Kree
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    I always loved X-Men since CC's original run. I was a total fan.

I never was a fan of the Marvel Universe outside the X-Men but there are a few runs I deeply loved :
    Franck Miller's Daredevil run
    John Byrne's Fantastic Four run
    Byrne/Jae Lee's Namor. Oh I guess Namor belongs to the X-Universe now.

Actually I loved pretty much anything Byrne wrote at the time (West Coast Avengers, Alpha Flight). I tried to read his Alpha Flight run lately, I now I understand why he doesn't like it. When I was a kid I thought the run was amazing. I think it's not that good, now that I am... old.

Anyway, I never cared that much for any characters outside the X-Men.

I sign in.. I would add Simonson´s Thor and that would be my Marvel Golden Age (X Men apart)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I really don’t like a lot. I only read X-Men from Marvel but read a whole bunch of DC.......I would say, I do like Werewolf By Night and Shang Chi.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

My Marvel interests generally stop at the X-border but the Netflix Daredevil show has really impressed me with that character.

Similar to Superman, Daredevil can hear the misery of the people around him. But unlike Supes, DD bleeds and is bruised each time he steps into help others.

Black Panther
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Thor (original)
    Spider-Man
    Nova (RR)
    Mr. Fantastic/Thing
    Captain America

Cap
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Daredevil
    The Thing
    She-hulk
    Spidey (Pete & Miles)
    Runaways
    Young Avengers
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Daredevil
    Captain America (Steve)
    Odinson
    Fantastic Four
    Peter Parker
    Miles Morales
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor