Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    On the bolded, you're right, and that is why I haven't bought an issue of Gold since #3.

Also, while Storm is being portrayed as a big threat here, the thought of Jean thinking she could try and fight Storm one-on-one should be completely delusional on the part of the character. She should know that Storm is leagues above her and that she stands no chance. We should be reading profound fear in thought bubbles coming out of Jean's head at this point.
    Jean is not the type to get scared like that. And she puts her friends first. I'm sure that Storm not being herself is what's worrying her, not whether Storm would kick her ass or not. Plus, as others have said, she may be trying to distract Storm so she doesn't hurt anyone else, and/or trying to see what she can do to bring Storm back to normal, rather than trying to take her down. Try thinking a bit about the story and how the characters feel instead of just being all "LOLOL Jean is delusional!!!! How can she think she can win against THE GODDESS!!!1". It's NOT about that...

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Looks like someone finally drew Storm right...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hello lol

its happening all in this one issue lol she tagged a sentinel moving at I'm assuming fast speeds from far away but she is right over nehzno running and keeps missing him lol
    So, the PIS is already being setup to weaken Storm for Jean with this fact you brought up.

Edit: I mean, really? How in the world can Storm miss with her winds considering her winds can blanket the entire battlefield making it impossible for them to avoid?

BANNED

welcome back boo where u been?
    Pretty busy life and work got in the way.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Pretty busy life and work got in the way.
    well I'm glad to see u back love
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

well I'm glad to see u back love
    Thank You I just saw this thread so I joined.

I see some new things happening to Storm wonderful

So, the PIS is already being setup to weaken Storm for Jean with this fact you brought up.

Edit: I mean, really? How in the world can Storm miss with her winds considering her winds can blanket the entire battlefield making it impossible for them to avoid?
    I think.it makes for a story to tell. seriously if she was written to her best she would be quite unstoppable. I mean she could have easily pinned nehzno down with her winds as easily as she stated tchalla and his guards away. also, Cassandra is making her attack those she loves. I want her when this is resolved to kick that walking crystal ball headed bish arse.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Thank You I just saw this thread so I joined.

I see some new things happening to Storm wonderful
    what new things???? all I know is hammer time and goddess storm.... what u talking about boo?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Trinary, Serafina, and Hijack in a room to fix a lightbulb. Who actually gets it done?

BANNED

what new things???? all I know is hammer time and goddess storm.... what u talking about boo?
    Jean and Storm Combat Storm being used actually interesting for a change. That’s what I’m talking about

its happening all in this one issue lol she tagged a sentinel moving at I'm assuming fast speeds from far away but she is right over nehzno running and keeps missing him lol

There is ONE panel of Nezhno running, and it doesn't even show her targeting him, just lightning on the sky... And she says "Mutant" pointing at him like she just found him. And like... She's clearly not even thinking straight. Do you guys actually want for Storm to be treated badly so you can "call it out" or what?...

BANNED

I think.it makes for a story to tell. seriously if she was written to her best she would be quite unstoppable. I mean she could have easily pinned nehzno down with her winds as easily as she stated tchalla and his guards away. also, Cassandra is making her attack those she loves. I want her when this is resolved to kick that walking crystal ball headed bish arse.
    Agreed, but it wouldn't take anywhere near her best to take down Jean in a one-on-one. Oh, well, we'll just have to see how the story plays out. Maybe Storm gets divided between her camraderie with Jean and the force that is motivating her to fight her friends. The writer could use such an internal conflict as a way to handicap Storm is this fight so that Jean can at least slow her down without Ororo being PIS'd.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-10-2018 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

you know what I always find interesting, how storm can tag airplanes and jets moving at super fast speeds; however, she has trouble tagging people running.. it seems really backwards to me lol.
    She's not actually attacking Nehzno she's hovering above him about to.

This is NOT what we finna do on here today . Nope. No ma'am
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean is not the type to get scared like that. And she puts her friends first. I'm sure that Storm not being herself is what's worrying her, not whether Storm would kick her ass or not. Plus, as others have said, she may be trying to distract Storm so she doesn't hurt anyone else, and/or trying to see what she can do to bring Storm back to normal, rather than trying to take her down. Try thinking a bit about the story and how the characters feel instead of just being all "LOLOL Jean is delusional!!!! How can she think she can win against THE GODDESS!!!1". It's NOT about that...
    1) Jean is the type to get scared like that. When the X-Men fought Legion, for instance, Jean hid behind a TK field in the background as she encouraged Storm to fight, and later Bishop to also attack. It was stated in the very next issue that Jean was too scared to fight Legion because he was too far above her powerclass.

2) The distracting Storm ploy you mention is very plausible. My only objection to that is Storm is a much more powerful mutant than a non-PF Jean Grey. Jean should not be able to take the brunt of attacks from a motivated Storm.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-10-2018 at 07:52 PM.