Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I’ve been noticing people are starting to use foul language now. Not just in this thread, but in other threads........UM did I miss something or the MODS don’t care anymore.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Jean and Storm Combat Storm being used actually interesting for a change. That’s what I’m talking about
    oh ok gotcha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There is ONE panel of Nezhno running, and it doesn't even show her targeting him, just lightning on the sky... And she says "Mutant" pointing at him like she just found him. And like... She's clearly not even thinking straight. Do you guys actually want for Storm to be treated badly so you can "call it out" or what?...
    nehzno cautioned tchalla when he saw him.. he was very well aware storm was targeting him.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Agreed, but it wouldn't take anywhere near her best to take down Jean in a one-on-one. Oh, well, we'll just have to see how the story plays out. Maybe Storm gets divided between her comraderie with Jean and the force that is motivating her to fight her friends. The writer could use such an internal conflict as a way to handicap Storm is this fight so that Jean can at least slow her down without Ororo being PIS'd.
    yes we will see boo
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    She's not actually attacking Nehzno she's hovering above him about to.
    check the scan where the lightning was being targeted at him as he ran and then he told tchalla to stay back.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Jean is the type to get scared like that. When the X-Men fought Legion, for instance, Jean hid behind a TK field in the background as she encouraged Storm to fight, and later Bishop to also attack. It was stated in the very next issue that Jean was too scared to fight Legion because he was too far above her powerclass.
    It was an X-Men battle in which she was scared for what would happen to everyone. Here she told the team to get out already. When it's just herself, she never hesitates to even sacrifice herself if that's what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nehzno cautioned tchalla when he saw him.. he was very well aware storm was targeting him.
    I really don't think she's directly attacking him. Seems like the mess is happening around where Nezhno is, and he's trying to get out of there. T'Challa came cause he saw what was happening. I think at most Storm shot a lightning on that direction. Again she looks and goes "Mutant." like she just got him.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-10-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Agreed, but it wouldn't take anywhere near her best to take down Jean in a one-on-one. Oh, well, we'll just have to see how the story plays out. Maybe Storm gets divided between her camraderie with Jean and the force that is motivating her to fight her friends. The writer could use such an internal conflict as a way to handicap Storm is this fight so that Jean can at least slow her down without Ororo being PIS'd.
    Not that I think jean is an underdog here but, let’s say she is and wins.

Do you ever watch sports? Underdogs win all the time to teams with objectively better rosters, feats, coaching, etc. It isn’t “PIS”, it’s a multitude of factors that decide outcomes of things.

I never understood the idea that past experience predicts every future experience. It doesn’t. Again, pretending jean is an underdog, she could beat storm. Motivation to save a friend, motivation to save the mutants on the ground, all kinds of things make comic battles unique situations in every case. Neither one wining or losing would be PIS in my opinion.

But it sounds like your mind is already made up. Storm wins = you’re right. Storm loses = doesn’t count because “pis”. Lol. Let’s Just have fun and enjoy the (hopefully fun) battle panels.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was an X-Men battle in which she was scared for what would happen to everyone. Here she told the team to get out already. When it's just herself, she never hesitates to even sacrifice herself if that's what needs to be done.

I really don't think she's directly attacking him. Seems like the mess is happening around where Nezhno is, and he's trying to get out of there. T'Challa came cause he saw what was happening. I think at most Storm shot a lightning on that direction. Again she looks and goes "Mutant." like she just got him.

This is not true. Jean will back off from a fight against a far superior foe: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Jll8xGJOLby..._QdTcSQI=s1600

That is why she didn't fight Legion. He was too far above her, and she was scared of him.

As for sacrificing herself, if Storm isn't being PIS'd here, then Jean could very well be sacrificing her life to buy her team time. LOL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Do you ever watch sports? Underdogs win all the time to teams with objectively better rosters, feats, coaching, etc. It isn’t “PIS”, it’s a multitude of factors that decide outcomes of things.

I never understood the idea that past experience predicts every future experience. It doesn’t. Again, pretending jean is an underdog, she could beat storm. Motivation to save a friend, motivation to save the mutants on the ground, all kinds of things make comic battles unique situations in every case. Neither one wining or losing would be PIS in my opinion.

But it sounds like your mind is already made up. Storm wins = you’re right. Storm loses = doesn’t count because “pis”. Lol. Let’s Just have fun and enjoy the (hopefully fun) battle panels.
    Hell yes. Defintely agree.
    Last edited by loke13; 05-10-2018 at 09:44 PM.

BANNED

Storm’s right tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I can think of a scenario where Jean gives Storm a go. Say if Storm is wrestling with whatever is controlling her while fighting Jean at the same time. That would divide Storm's focus between wrestling against the nannites controlling her and battling Jean. Meanwhile, Jean would be solely focused on her fight with Storm. With a handicap like that, I could see Jean standing a chance against Ororo. Otherwise, Storm's mental defenses are just far too strong for Jean's TP and her elemental powers are too powerful and too versatile for Jean's TK to compete with.

I am quite curious where Jean is at power level wise since she suppressed the Phoenix. Would be interesting if she is still at Phoenix Levels, (Which usually comes in 3 levels, green, red and White). She's easily at Green levels, has been for over 20 years since she stopped holding back her power. Red levels there would be no point in the rest of the team, and Ororo would not want that smoke. White levels, well, Ororo would not exisit anywhere in the mulitiverse.

While certain people think only Ororo is allowed to be shown at ultimate levels, and no one is even allowed to grow or things change for characters. Or that she is even the most powerful X-Man, thats still Jean, we really don't know where Jean is at right now. Should be interesting.

Ororo had better pray for Green or less for her to even have a chance.
    Richard Alexander

Spectacular Member

It's cute that they're both fighting over Logan now that's he's back. Go get your man Ororo!

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I am quite curious where Jean is at power level wise since she suppressed the Phoenix. Would be interesting if she is still at Phoenix Levels, (Which usually comes in 3 levels, green, red and White). She's easily at Green levels, has been for over 20 years since she stopped holding back her power. Red levels there would be no point in the rest of the team, and Ororo would not want that smoke. White levels, well, Ororo would not exisit anywhere in the mulitiverse.

While certain people think only Ororo is allowed to be shown at ultimate levels, and no one is even allowed to grow or things change for characters. Or that she is even the most powerful X-Man, thats still Jean, we really don't know where Jean is at right now. Should be interesting.

Ororo had better pray for Green or less for her to even have a chance.
    Please don't. Let's stop baiting each other. For a hot minute, Storm fans and Jean fans were content to geek out over seeing two sisters in the same book and the feels were overwhelming. Can we get back to that discussion and stop discussing who's more powerful or whether everything is "PIS?" Let's just enjoy the preview and see what happens next week rather than turning this into the same stupid discussion it always devolves into.

Let's be better than that.

But before we begin, let me be real petty for a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    It's cute that they're both fighting over Logan now that's he's back. Go get your man Ororo!
    Ew. Next.

Prediction: The writer of this book is gonna have Gabby be the one who snaps Storm out of her current mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Please don't. Let's stop baiting each other. For a hot minute, Storm fans and Jean fans were content to geek out over seeing two sisters in the same book and the feels were overwhelming. Can we get back to that discussion and stop discussing who's more powerful or whether everything is "PIS?" Let's just enjoy the preview and see what happens next week rather than turning this into the same stupid discussion it always devolves into.

Let's be better than that.
    My petty runs deep. However, I had no intentions of going there with him. I gave up on that a long ass time ago. (AOL Days) He can argue with himself and live in his Claremont bubble.

However, as I stated, I am still quite curious as to where Jean is power level wise. probably where she was right before she and Betsy switched powers, and she was doing high-end stuff all on her own.
    Richard Alexander

I'm glad to hear it!

We don't really know where she's at power level-wise since she came back, but she certainly doesn't seem like she's holding back anymore, though she stopped doing that a bit ago, so we'll have to see. I do wonder if we'll ever see adult Jean use the pink energy form that her teen-self can.