Spectacular Member

Default If Quentin is Omega-Level, why was he so cowardly in OML 40?

And it was just literally a handful of humans too tsk tsk tsk

Spectacular Member

Haven't seen the scene yet, but I'll just attribute it to Brisson bring an awful X-Writer

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Quentin's powers aren't working since the end of Generation X so it makes sense for him to go hide with the others, he's useless against the Purifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Haven't seen the scene yet, but I'll just attribute it to Brisson bring an awful X-Writer
    Why do you think Brisson is an awful X-Writer? His Old Man Logan serie is far from awful, his Cable's run was fun despite the ugly art by Malin and his portrayal of Sabretooth in his Iron Fist serie was really great.

Incredible Member

I’m tempted to blame Jaso Aaron for handling Quentin Quire. When we first saw Quentin in “New X-men” vol. 1, he was a somewhat insecure boy.

Isn't Omega supposed to reference potential and not necessarily power level?

Also if Gen X is being respected Quentin's powers were seriously downgraded after giving up the Phoenix shard as well. Which is why he couldn't do much in the fight against Monet after de-vamping Jubilee.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

After losing the Phoenix powers, his own TP and TK were broken.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    The fact that it is a confined omega level does not make it the most powerful, only that it has an unrestricted development potential.

Many of the potential omega (Storm Rogue Chamber) are much more powerful than several omega-level confirmed, such as Kid Omega or Rachel just to name a few.

In Gen X Kid Omega had a Phoenix fragment, and was brutally humiliated by Emplate.

Hope is also confirmed, but its mimic of power is inherently pathetic, it always wears out in a couple of seconds, and the few impressive things it did is because it had an affinity with the Phoenix Force, not because of its mutant power. that netre imitates power persoanlmente has proved to be the weakest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Isn't Omega supposed to reference potential and not necessarily power level?
    Exactly, it is what many do not fully understand, some of the omega level confirmed, or siqueira are among the most powerful of the group really.

Just because he hasn't realised the absolute infinite power we know he is perfectly capable of harnesing already, doesn't mean he can't be expected to have become considerably powerful in the decades he has spent mastering his ability. To expect him to be in broad strokes around as powerful as his non-Omega teammates/classmates is to still quantify his march to infinite power which should be in itself unmeasurable.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Just because he hasn't realised the absolute infinite power we know he is perfectly capable of harnesing already, doesn't mean he can't be expected to have become considerably powerful in the decades he has spent mastering his ability. To expect him to be in broad strokes around as powerful as his non-Omega teammates/classmates is to still quantify his march to infinite power which should be in itself unmeasurable.
    Error, omega level alone is that for the rest of his life his power could be increasing.

But it does not mean that it will be one of the most powerful, which should be, but not in all cases it will be like that.

Because there are mutants that already in their initial state already had a power to distort reality for example, and even if they did not increase more than that, they could defeat 90% of the confused omega, except for two exceptions.

And with the blink of an eye.

Honestly, even at full power I can't see Quentin caring to fight Purifiers. He'd probably hand-wave them away as pathetic D-Listers and chill whilst everyone else solves the issue.

BANNED

I could be wrong, but Purifiers disabled mutant powers.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, even at full power I can't see Quentin caring to fight Purifiers. He'd probably hand-wave them away as pathetic D-Listers and chill whilst everyone else solves the issue.
    He fought Purifiers, and took most of them out, in Gen X #2.

From scans there are other characters included hiding out for whom it makes even less sense. Like Chamber and an incorrectly colored Bling. My guess is that Brisson didn't specify which characters to include beyond Eye Boy and Nature Girl, so background characters were chosen randomly by the artist.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I have to disagree. At his core, Quentin is a mutant revolutionary. We may not have seen that side of him in a long time but he would have no issues killing or mind wiping some bigots.

Regarding the scene... Real world explanation - the artist was just told to draw some recognizable mutant students and chose the Gen X kids without thinking about how those characters would actually react.

But yeah, like others said, his powers were apparently weakened after the Phoenix Force thing. Still it was strange to see him and the others standing there while one Purifier dude managed to grab Eye-Boy.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood