Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Solo: A Star Wars Story First Reactions Are In

Solo: A Star Wars story had its world premiere and the initial reactions are getting in.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/so...ns-1202806823/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...emiere-1110688

While the review embargo will properly lift on May 15th, it looks like the reactions are positive.

And while i start this thread, i shall post something more. I was surprised that no one posted or shared anything about this.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/so...es-1202800028/

Its pre-sales in first 24 hours doubled that of Black Panther. It has the second highest pre-sales figure of the year after Infinity War.

And its tracking at a monstrous 170 million in the four day Memorial Day Weekend.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/so...ng-1202796720/

I am not sure about the opening. Deadpool 2 would be in its second weekend. But the projections are more then i expected.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-11-2018 at 02:42 AM.

I hope this movie is good! I'm rooting for it and want it to be successful and can't wait to see it.

Then, since he let it leak he's signed for 3 movies, there'll be at least a sequel.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Everyone pretty much agrees that Glover's Lando saves the first act and steals the show the rest of the movie. And that you forget about Ford as Han when Ron Howard's influence stat to show up in the 2nd and 3rd act.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Everyone pretty much agrees that Glover's Lando saves the first act and steals the show the rest of the movie. And that you forget about Ford as Han when Ron Howard's influence stat to show up in the 2nd and 3rd act.
    So basically you are saying the entire movie is Lando’s and Han is just a supporting act?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm liking the anthology stuff better than the actual new trilogy. I liked Rogue One better than either of two the new movies. I kind of hope this is what they do going forward. Not everything has to be about Jedis. I just hope there's a line in there about letting the wookie win!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm liking the anthology stuff better than the actual new trilogy. I liked Rogue One better than either of two the new movies. I kind of hope this is what they do going forward. Not everything has to be about Jedis. I just hope there's a line in there about letting the wookie win!
    Same. Rogue One actually turned out to be my favorite Star Wars film. I liked Force Awakens, but Last Jedi I'd prefer to forget.

Here's to hoping Solo turns out to be another great anthology film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    So basically you are saying the entire movie is Lando’s and Han is just a supporting act?
    More like how Gal Gadot completely stole the show in Dawn Of Justice, methinks. That's how the phrase us usually used in this context: an actor in a supporting role who gives life to what he's been given way beyond the call of duty.

I really hope this film does well, as I really enjoyed Rogue One and hopefully will like Solo as well. I just like the idea of more one-shot type films in the Star Wars universe.

ME TOO!!! Loved Rogue One. I hope Solo does awesome and they'll do a sequel or two for it since he's signed on with Disney for 3 films.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    ME TOO!!! Loved Rogue One. I hope Solo does awesome and they'll do a sequel or two for it since he's signed on with Disney for 3 films.
    It could happen I suppose but Felicity Jones was signed up for a multi picture deal as well and her character is dead so it's not likely she'll be doing any sequels. Disney is a big studio so signing on for more doesn't mean the projects are related.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Here's a pretty good review that also has a pretty plot synopsis:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...review/560447/
    Assassinate Putin!

Yikes, its got a 70% Rotten Tomatoes and these are the reviewers Disney selects with the hopes of having the highest possible score by the time the film launches. If critics thought TLJ was a 91% film and the public generally thought it was a bad film than this one is probably going to go down as the worst Star Wars film.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The reviews are way worse than I thought they would be. Why the hell did Disney show this movie so early?

As with any movie, I could care less what the critics say and want to sway the public, I'll happy watch it myself. I've been promoting and talking it the premiere to all my S.W. friends+ some family and encouraging them to go....and probably all will at some point.