Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I doubt the rt score will drop further than you expect. right now Disney is trying to do damage control. I sincerely have no doubt there are many critics out there who have promise Disney a nice review to stop things spiralling out of control any further.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I have never cared about RT. It was Marvel/Disney fans that made it a thing and made it important. That been said, Last Jedi has finally blown the lid of Star Wars Disney movies. , critics now have to be more real no thanks to the Last Jedi effect.
    So you're saying Disney paid all those critics to say they enjoyed the Last Jedi?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Huh?

A lot of people love The Last Jedi.
    When there is something that is divisive, I've come to notice that the trend is to "round down" to the negative, to the point that the narrative leans toward that end. You're absolutely right, lots of people loved The Last Jedi. But seeing as it was polarizing and there was a side that equally disliked it, that for some reason that takes precedence. That just seems to be the way these things work. These days something has to be close to universally beloved or else the driving force narrative will always trend toward the negative.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-23-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So you're saying Disney paid all those critics to say they enjoyed the Last Jedi?
    It's more likely reviewers won't dare piss off Disney with a negative review since they won't be invited to exclusive press screenings for Incredibles 2 or even Star Wars Episode IX. That's an issue for less important reviewers. For major magazines, their magazine won't get the new exclusive interview or photos of Episode IX.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    It's more likely reviewers won't dare piss off Disney with a negative review since they won't be invited to exclusive press screenings for Incredibles 2 or even Star Wars Episode IX. That's an issue for less important reviewers. For major magazines, their magazine won't get the new exclusive interview or photos of Episode IX.
    I've written more negative Disney reviews than positive. I still get regular work and press passes to Disney and co movies. I don't think Disney gives a crap about reviews. Until people vote with their wallet and not go to something they don't like, it won't change.

FYI: Vanity lampooned the prequels and still got exclusive photo journos.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Nevermind.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 05-23-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If a small handful of pissed off fans can influence RT scores then RT scores have the value of a youtube comment.
    How small is this group of pissed off fans though? People assume it's small, and even if it is, a small group can have a disproportionate impact if its the right group. I've always been of the opinion that geeks on the internet have a disproportionate impact on these kinds of things because they are the early adopters of any particular media, and thus can control the narrative and how people perceive a film. This can work in a positive way (The Marvel films) but it can also work in a negative way as well (Ghostbusters, FF). A passionate fan base can be double edged sword.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Solo is now 69% on Tomatometer!!!!!!!

Spectacular Member

I'll just copy and paste what I posted in the Solo thread in the Films/TV section:

Now THAT was a Star Wars movie!

Thank you Mr. Ron Howard. I faced a tough time after the last SW movie...felt let-down by something that has been with me for 40 years. I know it's just a movie. But that's what I felt. Like SW no longer wants to "get" me or what makes a movie a "star wars movie".

Well...all you who felt similarly, go see this. You will be so damn happy. Disney will learn from this movie and the fantastic reaction it gets from actual attending, ticket-paying Star Wars fans.

I'm in near complete agreement with Brad and Double Toasted

really liked it, flaws and all

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I just got back from it and I thought it was a fun ride.

Astonishing Member

The rotten tomatoes critics are clearly being stuffy here. It was a great movie.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just got back from it and I thought it was a fun ride.
    It's the most fun a STAR WARS cinematic film has been in quite a long while. That should be expected, given the title character, and this is at the very beginning of his adventures.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Caught it at the movie theater today. Matinees are usually empty-ish, but the one I was at was really empty. It's a shame because they missed out on a pretty awesome film.

spoilers:
    I came away from this movie really liking Emilia Clarke's character Qi'ra. They were laying it on so thick with her possibly betraying Han that I wasn't shocked when it turned out to be Woody's character. Though she lead Han on at the end there, she didn't sell him out and she saved his life, too. I'm looking forward to her eventual appearance in either a comic or a novel. (Maybe she'll feature in that new Resistance show, as well?)
    end of spoilers

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York