Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default AMAZONS TV series? Or TV series for Amazon?

    Rumor: Peter Jackson (LOTR) is in early talks with WB to do a DC property.

    Details: The Flashpoint movie is now a Flash stand alone movie. Peter Jackson may do a Wonder Woman spin off ĎAmazonsí TV series... or maybe itís a TV series for Amazon? It was unclear. But then he will also do the eventual Flashpoint movie down the road, after Wonder Woman trilogy, MoS sequel, Matt Wilson Batman Trilogy.

    Itís all rumor, but I could definitely fathom a Game of Thrones type show based around the Amazons and Greek Gods, from Peter Jackson. Part of this has already come true... Flash movie is no longer Flashpoint, so... who knows?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,378

    Default

    If this is true, it would be awesome! Peter Jackson is one of the greats and he'd be great with Diana's world.

    There may be a little confusion, though. There's a Lord of the Rings TV series in the works by Amazon. It's possible this is a crossing of rumors or something.

    It's definitely not a rumor that he's debating between being part of the Amazon LOTR series or doing a DC project, though. That's been reported by The One Ring, and they are very close with Jackson, so that's a very credible rumor.

    But yeah, I'd love it if he ends up tackling ANYTHING from Diana's mythos!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,417

    Default

    A love time ago there was talk about a Smallvile style tv show. There was artwork and I think it was called Amazons
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Rumor: Peter Jackson (LOTR) is in early talks with WB to do a DC property.

    Details: The Flashpoint movie is now a Flash stand alone movie. Peter Jackson may do a Wonder Woman spin off ĎAmazonsí TV series... or maybe itís a TV series for Amazon? It was unclear. But then he will also do the eventual Flashpoint movie down the road, after Wonder Woman trilogy, MoS sequel, Matt Wilson Batman Trilogy.

    Itís all rumor, but I could definitely fathom a Game of Thrones type show based around the Amazons and Greek Gods, from Peter Jackson. Part of this has already come true... Flash movie is no longer Flashpoint, so... who knows?
    I'm pretty sure it was a series for Amazon. not a series about the amazons.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    If this is true, it would be awesome! Peter Jackson is one of the greats and he'd be great with Diana's world.

    There may be a little confusion, though. There's a Lord of the Rings TV series in the works by Amazon. It's possible this is a crossing of rumors or something.

    It's definitely not a rumor that he's debating between being part of the Amazon LOTR series or doing a DC project, though. That's been reported by The One Ring, and they are very close with Jackson, so that's a very credible rumor.

    But yeah, I'd love it if he ends up tackling ANYTHING from Diana's mythos!
    While his Lord of the Rings trilogy is pretty good (barring what he did with Faramir and Aragorn), but you can't space out the Hobbit trilogy either. Introduced a pointless "romance", made Legolas even more of an overpowered ninja than even Batman when Legolas wasn't even mentioned in the book, the Dwarves and Elves never actually fought each other in the book, etc.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While his Lord of the Rings trilogy is pretty good (barring what he did with Faramir and Aragorn), but you can't space out the Hobbit trilogy either. Introduced a pointless "romance", made Legolas even more of an overpowered ninja than even Batman when Legolas wasn't even mentioned in the book, the Dwarves and Elves never actually fought each other in the book, etc.
    What did he do to Faramir and Aragorn again?

    As for the Hobbit? I could do without the romance, but Tauriel herself was an interesting enough character. Legolas definitely was not more OP than Batman. Come and see me when Legolas walks up to Sauron and slaps him around like he owes him money because "Prep time." As to whether or not Legolas should've been in the book? Eh. The dwarves passed through his childhood home and interacted with his father. You could easily say that the only reason why Legolas wasn't in the Hobbit is because Tolkien hadn't yet thought up the character. The Dwarves and the Elves? They didn't really fight in the movies either. They faced off, only to come under attack by the Orcs.

    I just didn't have a problem with a lot of the changes in those movies.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,417

    Default

    So I wonder if this means they reworked the tv series with Diana’s life on paradise island .
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So I wonder if this means they reworked the tv series with Diana’s life on paradise island .
    Well, as we've seen, it's possible that this isn't a Wonder Woman project at all. I certainly wouldn't mind a show about Diana's early years, though.

    If they were to do a Smallville-style Wonder Woman show, I'd want them to have a very strong plan to show how Diana progresses into the woman who will eventually become Wonder Woman. How does a little girl, or at least a teenage girl, learn to become such a relentlessly compassionate and inspiring woman? It would be nice to see her actually journey toward that, instead of just having it be there from Day One.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    What did he do to Faramir and Aragorn again?

    As for the Hobbit? I could do without the romance, but Tauriel herself was an interesting enough character. Legolas definitely was not more OP than Batman. Come and see me when Legolas walks up to Sauron and slaps him around like he owes him money because "Prep time." As to whether or not Legolas should've been in the book? Eh. The dwarves passed through his childhood home and interacted with his father. You could easily say that the only reason why Legolas wasn't in the Hobbit is because Tolkien hadn't yet thought up the character. The Dwarves and the Elves? They didn't really fight in the movies either. They faced off, only to come under attack by the Orcs.

    I just didn't have a problem with a lot of the changes in those movies.
    Faramir in the book was never tempted by the One Ring, wanted nothing to do with it, and never took Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath. In fact, he was quite polite to the both of them.

    Aragorn was never in self-doubt about his eventual rise to the Throne of Gondor. He'd had a life full of learning from Elrond, campaigning against Sauron under an alias, and protecting the Shire for decades prior to the start of Fellowship of the Ring. All of it geared towards helping him learn to be a good king. And the reason it was kept under wraps (him being the heir to Isildur and throne of Gondor) was that his family had been personally targeted for generations by the forces of Sauron.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Rumor: Peter Jackson (LOTR) is in early talks with WB to do a DC property.

    Details: The Flashpoint movie is now a Flash stand alone movie. Peter Jackson may do a Wonder Woman spin off ‘Amazons’ TV series... or maybe it’s a TV series for Amazon? It was unclear. But then he will also do the eventual Flashpoint movie down the road, after Wonder Woman trilogy, MoS sequel, Matt Wilson Batman Trilogy.

    It’s all rumor, but I could definitely fathom a Game of Thrones type show based around the Amazons and Greek Gods, from Peter Jackson. Part of this has already come true... Flash movie is no longer Flashpoint, so... who knows?
    I remember hearing of this last year, but then it did not come out. It was AMAZONS, a TV show.

    Glad to hear that it might now happen.

    I wonder if it will be out in time for Fall 2018?

  11. #11
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Everything I looked up on Peter Jackson recently the news is he deciding weather he will do a DCEU movie or work on Amazon's LotR TV series. I'm not finding anything involving Wonder Woman.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Faramir in the book was never tempted by the One Ring, wanted nothing to do with it, and never took Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath. In fact, he was quite polite to the both of them.

    Aragorn was never in self-doubt about his eventual rise to the Throne of Gondor. He'd had a life full of learning from Elrond, campaigning against Sauron under an alias, and protecting the Shire for decades prior to the start of Fellowship of the Ring. All of it geared towards helping him learn to be a good king. And the reason it was kept under wraps (him being the heir to Isildur and throne of Gondor) was that his family had been personally targeted for generations by the forces of Sauron.
    I do remember those issues now. And once more, I can't really say those are objectionable changes. Faramir was tempted by the Ring? The whole point of the Ring is that it can tempt almost ANYONE. It tempted Galadriel, for crying out loud! Saying Faramir was briefly tempted, only to ultimately resist, is hardly a strike against him. Nor is saying that he was paranoid of suspicious outsiders whilst fighting a guerrilla war against a much more powerful enemy who is known to use deception as a weapon.

    Aragorn having some doubts? Just seems like humanizing him to me. All the book learning and preparation in the world can't take the place of actually facing one's destiny and taking the weight of the world on one's shoulders.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  13. #13
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I do remember those issues now. And once more, I can't really say those are objectionable changes. Faramir was tempted by the Ring? The whole point of the Ring is that it can tempt almost ANYONE. It tempted Galadriel, for crying out loud! Saying Faramir was briefly tempted, only to ultimately resist, is hardly a strike against him. Nor is saying that he was paranoid of suspicious outsiders whilst fighting a guerrilla war against a much more powerful enemy who is known to use deception as a weapon.

    Aragorn having some doubts? Just seems like humanizing him to me. All the book learning and preparation in the world can't take the place of actually facing one's destiny and taking the weight of the world on one's shoulders.
    Aragorn was in his 80s by the time of the books and films (a cut scene even mentions his age), and he had been prepared for his role his entire life. Not to mention, Faramir had been written the way he had originally been intentionally; to not be tempted at all. Not all men desired power (the difference between Faramir and Boromir, even if Boromir's intentions would have, initially, been good). The whole point to Faramir was to show he wasn't his brother; Jackson made him a cheap imitation instead.

    https://screenrant.com/lord-of-the-r...s-differences/

  14. #14
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was a series for Amazon. not a series about the amazons.
    Yup. It was a fun couple of hours when I thought otherwise though! haha
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •