Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Man of Steel- Superman’s Flashpoint

Is the upcoming Man of Steel miniseries supposed to be for Superman what Flashpoint was to the Flash?

That would explain more than a lot . . .
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Is the upcoming Man of Steel miniseries supposed to be for Superman what Flashpoint was to the Flash?

That would explain more than a lot . . .
    Better not be. We don't need more of that nonsense.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

We don't really know. At least based on what little information has been released so far. But if I had to guess, I'd say no. It seems like a more straightforward Superman story than that was a Flash story. It seems even less revolutionary than the original MOS was over 30 years ago. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is just to re-introduce the pre-Flashpoint history back as his official history more than anything else. Especially if the only controversial change they are making is this generic bad guy as the villain.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    We don't really know. At least based on what little information has been released so far. But if I had to guess, I'd say no. It seems like a more straightforward Superman story than that was a Flash story. It seems even less revolutionary than the original MOS was over 30 years ago. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is just to re-introduce the pre-Flashpoint history back as his official history more than anything else. Especially if the only controversial change they are making is this generic bad guy as the villain.
    Crossing fingers you are right.

I don't think so. At the absolute most, I think this could give one or two of the "everything you knew is wrong" variety of twists. Which counts as changes, but in regards to the narrative, it would be secret reveals, not timeline changing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

No, and titles like this will confuse people into thinking it is similar to flashpoint, which it's not. Best comparison is geoff johns green lantern rebirth apparently.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DiDio compared Bendis' MoS to Johns' GL: Rebirth and it'll apparently serve to move Superman's status-quo from A to B, whatever B is.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DiDio compared Bendis' MoS to Johns' GL: Rebirth and it'll apparently serve to move Superman's status-quo from A to B, whatever B is.
    my best guess is jurgens/tomasi brought back superman to being what fans love again and Bendis will bring back the character actually operating in Metropolis and building up the city and also adding more dimensions to Lois and Jon and having them grow as characters, while also expanding the mythos of Superman's backstory.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    my best guess is jurgens/tomasi brought back superman to being what fans love again and Bendis will bring back the character actually operating in Metropolis and building up the city and also adding more dimensions to Lois and Jon and having them grow as characters, while also expanding the mythos of Superman's backstory.
    I dunno... the GL: Rebirth comparison makes me think to an overhaul of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Why?

Pre-Flashpoint was a mess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Why?

Pre-Flashpont was a mess.
    Because the fans want it...simple.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 05-06-2018 at 09:16 PM.

That’s just your opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Well, Rebirth has been showing that its not just my opinion.

It IS just your opinion.

Extraordinary Member

And apparently that of many others...