Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Can’t they just kill off Lois if they want him to date others so badly? I like Jon, he fulfills the role Jimmy used to, the wide eyed idealistic kid who follows Supes on his adventures. Lou’s on the other hand is just a plot device who dies so Supes can turn evil because he’s not as perfect as the Almoghty Batgod. Having her die and Clark NOT turn evil would be a nice rejection of the Injustice and DCEU Supermen who are portrayed as being “fair weather heroes” and need Lois to keep them from going insane....
    That is a good point. I don't want to lose the character of Jon either. It would be a real shame if he was retconned out of existence.

Of course, there is always a chance we could get SupermanxWonderwoman back (who I actually like more as a couple in certain ways) so things wouldn't be totally bad.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-11-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I suppose it's inevitable that DC will have to dissolve the Clark and Lois marriage sooner or later. The groundswell of grumbling from the massive throng of Jonathan Carroll fans who demand that he be brought back into Lois's life is obviously much too strong for DC to ignore.

Great news, I hope it is for real!

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I suppose it's inevitable that DC will have to dissolve the Clark and Lois marriage sooner or later. The groundswell of grumbling from the massive throng of Jonathan Carroll fans who demand that he be brought back into Lois's life is obviously much too strong for DC to ignore.
    This comment almost makes this dreadful rumor worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yeah, I can see that - but comics have always kinda had their own timespace, really. The (U.S) president is generally "generic person we don't see much," etc. I think that's the better option. Will there be a few things that seem wonky? Sure. But some of that has to be glossed over for the sake of the medium. With Reborn, DC tried to put story bits from 40 years into a 15-year timeline, so our years are already not their years.

Wish we had THAT in 2000, but Nooo . . .
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm just sick of reboots. Stop it, for christ sake. Pick a damned continuity and stick with it. Enough already.

Anyone who is excited by this...don't get your hopes up. If they do reboot, it's not going to be the return of New 52 Superman. It'll be a " new" Superman that'll likely start strong and within a year or two any potential in the concept will either be bled dry by poor writing, or crushed by editorial meddling, because apparently DiDio can't help himself. Then it'll crash and burn, they'll backtrack in the most fumbling of ways , things will stablize to a point until DiDio gets a boner to reboot again. Rince ,lather ,repeat.

I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt to things...but i just can't this time. Yeah, I'm cynical as hell on this. If there is any truth to this, it's complete and utter bullshit. I honestly don't think Superman as a character or franchise can survive another half assed reboot to deboot cycle again. Hell I'm not sure the DC brand itself could survive another reboot like the last one, maybe with the exception being Batman, because i can almost guarantee that once again , potential erasure of a marriage to Catwoman aside, any reboot will barely touch him.

The only prayer that this could turn out to be a good thing is if we get a complete top to bottom reboot of the entire DCU, along with DiDio, Lee stepping down and a complete reboot of the entire DC editorial staff as a result. Otherwise, i have no confidence it'll be anything more than another debacle. I mean, how many more chances are these guys gonna get?

I say if the DC readership and fan community have any hope to stop this or at least make TPTB reconsider this, now is the time to make our voices heard. Be respectful of course, but DC and Warners need to understand the grave mistake they may be on the verge of making. It may seem hyperbole, but this could destroy DC Comics as a brand. Yeah, the characters won't ever completely go away or disappear, but DC Comics has we've known it is in serious trouble if they think they can do the same thing they did in 2011 with the same guys in charge and get a different result.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-11-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Great news, I hope it is for real!

Do tell, huh?

Me, I hope this leads to true progression.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Wish we had THAT in 2000, but Nooo . . .
    Agreed. By 2000 we really should have had Jon by then already, too.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm just sick of reboots. Stop it, for christ sake. Pick a damned continuity and stick with it. Enough already.

Anyone who is excited by this...don't get your hopes up. If they do reboot, it's not going to be the return of New 52 Superman. It'll be a " new" Superman that'll likely start strong and within a year or two any potential in the concept will either be bled dry by poor writing, or crushed by editorial meddling, because apparently DiDio can't help himself. Then it'll crash and burn, they'll backtrack in the most fumbling of ways , things will stablize to a point until DiDio gets a boner to reboot again. Rince ,lather ,repeat.

I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt to things...but i just can't this time. Yeah, I'm cynical as hell on this. If there is any truth to this, it's complete and utter bullshit. I honestly don't think Superman as a character or franchise can survive another half assed reboot to deboot cycle again. Hell I'm not sure the DC brand itself could survive another reboot like the last one, maybe with the exception being Batman, because i can almost guarantee that once again , potential erasure of a marriage to Catwoman aside, any reboot will barely touch him.

The only prayer that this could turn out to be a good thing is if we get a complete top to bottom reboot of the entire DCU, along with DiDio, Lee stepping down and a complete reboot of the entire DC editorial staff as a result. Otherwise, i have no confidence it'll be anything more than another debacle. I mean, how many more chances are these guys gonna get?

I say if the DC readership and fan community have any hope to stop this or at least make TPTB reconsider this, now is the time to make our voices heard. Be respectful of course, but DC and Warners need to understand the grave mistake they may be on the verge of making. It may seem hyperbole, but this could destroy DC Comics as a brand. Yeah, the characters won't ever completely go away or disappear, but DC Comics has we've known it is in serious trouble if they think they can do the same thing they did in 2011 with the same guys in charge and get a different result.
    Welcome to the club, my friend! Where should we send your jacket and button?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    while Conner Kent returns to continuity I'm fine with this

I hope that Superman continues to wear the classic suit of the red trunks for this reboot
    FYI

A REBOOT says I can cherry pick what I want to keep and get rid of. Especially if I am going back to DAY ONE. Where Clark first arrived to Metropolis.

A REBOOT says I can IGNORE the death of Superman and the guys who took up the mantle-CONNER & John Henry. I can wipe them out for good.

Along with any other character I (head of DC) don't care for like John Stewart, OG Wally West, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake & so on.

Or since Bendis is around-I can have a Conner Kent-who happens to be black and "adopted" by Perry White. Since Perry's black son Keith has been MIA for now 18 years.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't think I've ever seen you this frustrated in a post, you generally have a more composed nature, but that speaks to how awful the issue at hand is. I second your entire sentiment.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yeah, I'm cynical as hell on this.
    I can understand that sentiment. I really can.

DC going away from Rebirth in big way via a reboot would be a terrible travesty. They shouldn't do it.

The only thing I condone is soft boot that excises out the marriages and kids and otherwise stays committed to this Rebirth world and classic commitment.

But I can understand people cynically thinking DC wouldn't be able to contain or restrain themselves. So "just say no." But, I have to express my agreement with the rumor that Batman and Superman shouldn't be married. They really shouldn't.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Agreed completely...another reboot would be the end of DC comics. Readers would leave in droves,and wouldn't come back regardless of what DC did to try to lure them back. It took Didio running to John's to clean up the mess of DC You,and that required essentially debooting most of things they did. Readers have had enough.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen you this frustrated in a post, you generally have a more composed nature, but that speaks to how awful the issue at hand is. I second your entire sentiment.
    I usually roll my eyes anytime i see someone go into hyperbole or judge something before it comes out. However, this....it's just idiotic. Pure blundering idiocy. I mean, they honestly can't be that stupid. They just started to dig themselves out of the mess they themselves created and now they are about to bury themselves again.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-11-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This is just an FYI regarding the bolded but actually it turned out that Batman's continuity wasn't as untouched as some people initially assumed it was. the reboot changed a lot of continuity so even key Batman stories were basically rendered out of continuity or they may as well have been because they couldn't have happened without key players being involved. Key players that the reboot sent to limbo. Also the characters connected to him got screwed over pretty much to a man (or woman) because of that nonsense 5 year timeline they had going back then. Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain were put in limbo just so Barbara Gordon could be Batgirl and Tim Drake was entirely screwed over so badly that I wished he'd actually been sent to limbo too.

In any case I agree with you there on another reboot. IF that is what this turns out to be I'll be packing things up and heading elsewhere with my money. There's no reason at all for this nonsense and frankly I'm tired of getting settled into a book only to have the rug pulled out from under me just when things are getting interesting.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG