Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Everything in the rumor mill (and announcements like the price hikes) makes it sound like the DiDio/Lee group is ready to throw away all the goodwill of Rebirth and get back to their kewl modern New 52-ish state of things.

If we go back to pretending Superboy is Superman, I'm done.

What goodwill?

All Rebirth did was muddy things.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    What goodwill?

For you, maybe.

For a lot of us, it's been a welcome return to form with a familiar tone and feel to many characters that has strengthened the foundation for future stories.

WTF? NO.. I canīt believe this.. Something is wrong here..

Or they will use something for erase Superman memory about Lois and the kid during certain months using Mister Mxyzptlk again(Bendis fault) and then... He will find them and remember everything or I canīt understand this.

With Superman son popularity, DC canīt erase him.

With Batman, I am not surprised. We know that this marriage is doomed.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-11-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Amazing Member

I really hope this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    There's no way they're that stupid. Marvel has taken nothing but flack when they tried to get rid of their marriages. There's no way DC can think that this would be any better received. Especially not since they've built up so much goodwill with the fans for bringing BACK so many classic elements through Rebirth.
    LOL! The first sentence is, word for word, the first thing that popped into my brain! LOL
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Aaaaahhhh . . . who cares at this point?
    That's kind of where I'm at. What's that hypothesis that says that if you replace enough parts of something it's no longer the same thing?
    Assassinate Putin!

What goodwill?

Pleanty of goodwill. And Rebirth, while more muddy than it needed to be, led to Reborn - which has presented us with as unified as Superman as we could ever hope to get. There's no real way to make a 15-year timeline and get it better, incorporating as many elements from the various versions as will fit.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I'll be very surprised if this turns out to be true, but Bleeding Cool does have a fairly decent track record with rumors. They were originally the ones to break the news about the New 52 years ago. But this would be pretty extreme, even by Crisis standards. DC went to such great lengths to undo the New 52 and re-establish the classic DC dynamics. I don't see why they would just throw that all away, given how well-received it has been. Then again, we've seen shake-ups like this before so there's no telling what they'll do, especially with Bendis on staff. He did a lot of universe-shaking events with Marvel. Maybe this is part of that effort. Only time will tell.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I hate to give this any credit, even though Bleeding Cool has an eerie tendency to be right on the money with this kind of stuff, but if it does happen...DC will have really not learned anything from the New 52.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That sounds too stupid to be true, but it will explain why Super Sons have to be out of continuity

"The Next DC Crisis May Remove Batman and Superman Marriages"
    Ok I giggled a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hate to give this any credit, even though Bleeding Cool has an eerie tendency to be right on the money with this kind of stuff, but if it does happen...DC will have really not learned anything from the New 52.
    Yeah, if this happens... there's no getting the readers back who leave at that point.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think it's a troll job from somewhere but sadly I can't say it's impossible. I wouldn't drop Superman over a simple idea but that has to be the worst possible one. Unless the showrunners are secretly planning to run to Marvel after.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It sounds like Didio REALLY wants a hard reboot and felt cheated by Johns not playing along with New 52. That having been said, I can't see how they can justify this with a financial argument like they could New 52. Johns is more or less out of the picture now with the exception of Doomsday Clock so if they are going to go through with this, it will probably be after that's done. Assuming Doomsday Clock isn't a part of it. The only way I'd support something like this is if it's a return to the pre-Crisis universe with an admission by DC that reboots are a bad idea. I don't see that happening either. At this point, all I'm really following are out of continuity stuff anyway. It looks like I made the right call.
    Assassinate Putin!

I do kind of wonder if this is partially why Bendis is moving Jon and Lois out of the Super-Books.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Didio and Lee have done some boneheaded things in the past so as long as they remain at DC the possibility does exist. All I can say is this IF this is more than a rumor I will be done with DC and with Big Two comics. I will take more of my money to smaller publishers like Lion Forge or Aftershock instead where this nonsense doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do kind of wonder if this is partially why Bendis is moving Jon and Lois out of the Super-Books.
    And separating Lois and Jon from Superman as well. Now things are starting to sound really sketchy on that front again.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-11-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG