Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Beyond Refresh: Re-BOOT?

Bleeding Cool is posting now that there's an upcoming big event, simply called CRISIS, that -- would be a reboot again.

Aside from the question of whether yet another reboot, coming on the heels of New52 and Rebirth and any refreshes coming up, I'm just wondering what WW fans would hope for if there is a reboot in the offing.

I know I would prefer a return to some of the classic stuff, just brought forward a bit:
    • WW made from clay, in a feminist take on the Adam myth
    • Paradise Island is like DC's Wakanda but without the geopolitics: a secret, hidden technofuturistic feminist utopia
    • WW and the Amazons are advanced and peaceful -- NOT the DCU ripoff of Zena
    • Etta Candy -- fat, proud, larger than life: Woo Woo!
    • Jason never ever ever existed
    • Donna Troy is the mirror twin raised on Paradise Island (the Heinberg version melding the various earlier versions)
    • Diana Prince!

I doubt any of the above would happen, alas, because I fear DC's PTB are wedded to the New 52 / Snyderverse version, with a sword-wielding WW who comes from a primitive backwater and wields a deadly sword, especially since the movie made so much money. It is, however, very much what I would wish to see.

And I'm guessing that, just like the pre-Rebirth stories in Superman that outed him as Clark Kent and broke down his powers, the artistic teams are getting license to go bonkers (Batman gets married! etc.) in advance of the coming reboot.

If there is a reboot at all, that is. But Bleeding Cool has been very much on point....

With transformation island back I would say that maybe it’s a cleaner case of maybe a bit more of classicsal. I mean the dark gods will shake up Dc universe and rebirth was suppose to end in 2018.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

A Wonder Woman embedded very closely to her movie version. No flying! Her Gods mostly dead. Sword first mentality. A 'boosh' attack like in the movies yet has never had before in the comics.

This is what I would like to see in the reboot.

Well since I really don't want a reboot. I have a bitter taste from N52.

But if we get a reboot, I just want Donna with a good origin story, not to complicated... (and that don't change every time...) and that she appear in the WW books and not only with the Titans...

For the rest, I don't really know but I'll guess I see if it happen.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Oh god. Here we go again.

I'm loving the DCU right now (except for WW lol), so it would be sad to see everything (especially Rucka's foundation) to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    I know I would prefer a return to some of the classic stuff, just brought forward a bit:
    • WW made from clay, in a feminist take on the Adam myth
    • Paradise Island is like DC's Wakanda but without the geopolitics: a secret, hidden technofuturistic feminist utopia
    • WW and the Amazons are advanced and peaceful -- NOT the DCU ripoff of Zena
    • Etta Candy -- fat, proud, larger than life: Woo Woo!
    • Jason never ever ever existed
    • Donna Troy is the mirror twin raised on Paradise Island (the Heinberg version melding the various earlier versions)
    • Diana Prince!
    TBH, this is what I wanna see. Paradise Island being backwards, violent, and stagnant never seemed right to me.

"CRISIS"??? They've rebooted so many times that they're recycling the names of the events?

Clay origin would bring me back into the fold.

(OT I know, but these reboots are coming at such a fast clip now it's staring to feel ridiculous to a child of the 70s/80s like me. Is this the only business model that works for modern comics? Is this the only way to keep readers' attention?)
    Last edited by Largo161; 05-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.

There are no readers
    Just like there are no fans of the people going to the movies
    A small number of people love the characters and want to follow them and
    they will read the comics and go to the movies
    but most do not care about them and they will go to the movie because it
    is just for two hours and it is the thing every one is going to and
    comic book followers will buy the first issue and than move one because there
    are other first issues to buy and than after the second and third issues others
    will move on because they do not love the character, but wanted a good series to
    follow and so move on to try another book and than finally a few who love the character
    move on because the book was not living up to what they feel how the character
    should be represented.

Incredible Member

Barf. Just barf.

For what its worth, this was already greatly rebuked by DC via Jim Lee. Could just be damage control, could be the truth, could be a mix of both, just fyi

Personally, considering Didio's distaste for things like marriage and legacy (which frankly at this point I share), I think we're eventually headed toward a committed secondary line, basically the New 52 only not as a reboot but as a companion Earth. I don't believe they'll reboot this main continuity again.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-18-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    For what its worth, this was already greatly rebuked by DC via Jim Lee. Could just be damage control, could be the truth, could be a mix of both, just fyi

Personally, considering Didio's distaste for things like marriage and legacy (which frankly at this point I share), I think we're eventually headed toward a committed secondary line, basically the New 52 only not as a reboot but as a companion Earth. I don't believe they'll reboot this main continuity again.
    DC loses interest in things rather quickly. They should continue to expand the Earth One GN line. That pretty much serves the purpose of an alternate ground-level approach to DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    A Wonder Woman embedded very closely to her movie version. No flying! Her Gods mostly dead. Sword first mentality. A 'boosh' attack like in the movies yet has never had before in the comics.

This is what I would like to see in the reboot.
    This would make me drop the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Oh god. Here we go again.

I'm loving the DCU right now (except for WW lol), so it would be sad to see everything (especially Rucka's foundation) to go away.
    I totally agree with this.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This would make me drop the book.
    She kind of already has the "sword first" mentality under Robinson (she didn't have it in the movie), and the movie version at least doesn't have Jason being shoved down our throats. It's honestly kind of preferable to what we have now.

But a reboot is unnecessary, Robinson hasn't irreparably broken anything yet besides Vanessa. Jason can be ditched and nothing would change that much.

No more reboots, no more origin stories. Just give me a basic action story already! Robert Kanigher's work should be mandatory for anyone wanting to write the character!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut