View Poll Results: The Invisible Plane: Yay or Nay?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay-Yes, I feel that its an iconic piece of WW lore

27 57.45%
  • Nay-No, its pointless and silly

20 42.55%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Invisible Plane: Yay or Nay?

I've sensed some dislike for the Invisible Plane in the WW84 thread. The Invisible Plane is iconic and I think it should be a thing. I feel that she can have the Invisible Plane around and still fly. I think giving Diana the power of flight was easily the BEST change that the Post-Crisis era gave us. With that said she can have the plane to haul around passengers and such. The plane as well as the Purple Ray and the Mental Radio establish the Amazons as an intelligent race of women and not savage lady pirates. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

To me the Invisible Plane is not something Wonder Woman should use frequently not when she can fly herself. It would be more sensible to give it to someone who actually needs like Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, and the Oddfellows then it would be something special.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    To me the Invisible Plane is not something Wonder Woman should use frequently not when she can fly herself. It would be more sensible to give it to someone who actually needs like Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, and the Oddfellows then it would be something special.
    In my headcanon after Steve & Diana have their very first adventure together the Amazons give Steve the Invisible Jet as a present to replace his damaged jet that got crashed on the Island.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    In my headcanon after Steve & Diana have their very first adventure together the Amazons give Steve the Invisible Jet as a present to replace his damaged jet that got crashed on the Island.
    In a way I am in the same boat.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She should have it for the first few years of her adventures, and then gain flight and no longer have a need for it outside of carrying passengers or letting Steve use it.

If it had that whole thing from the golden age where she controlled it with her mind to fly to people and get them to safety while she was busy combating criminals or using it to distract or trick her opponents then it would be pretty useful to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    If it had that whole thing from the golden age where she controlled it with her mind to fly to people and get them to safety while she was busy combating criminals or using it to distract or trick her opponents then it would be pretty useful to have.
    I think that's too much of a game breaker.

It makes no sense in the continuity already established by the first movie, so I think it would come off as forced goofy fan service in the second, especially with Lynda Carter having a role.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

In no way do I want to see her in an invisible plane, but given that she can't fly in the DCEU, she probably needs to get herself one. And of course, get Cyborg to ramp up the speed afterwards

Don't forget that the invisible plane isn't a binary thing. It is a thing that is associated with Wonder Women, but it need not be her item. Rucka had the Amazons repair the crashed C-130 in Rebirth, and it turned invisible, but then it dissolved after landing. Legend of Wonder Woman had the experimental B-17 with invisibility function that flew the Holliday girls and Wonder Woman to Spitzbergen.

So the invisible plane can easily be something that Diana uses once.

I think it would be a good thing for it to still be in the Wonder Woman comics. I mena for one it’s gopfuknwhen she has more than one person and a few other things. However, I don’t mind Steve having it. Plus I kind of like that Steve or Etta should be able to have something of Diana’s to use once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I think that's too much of a game breaker.
    But I didn't even mention the part about it being able to absorb radiation and lasers making it an impenetrable shield against such attacks. Or how Wonder Woman could freely use it to travel to other galaxies within the span of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    But I didn't even mention the part about it being able to absorb radiation and lasers making it an impenetrable shield against such attacks. Or how Wonder Woman could freely use it to travel to other galaxies within the span of minutes.
    Yeah that makes it even more of a game breaker now.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    I like that idea!

My Wonder Woman, in the Marston tradition, is jet-setting adventurer, who needs an I-Jet to haul her friends to bizarre, exotic places, ..ALL over the world. I'm not reading a comic about a lone-wolf vigilante, skulking in the shadows, by himself. I'm reading Wonder Woman - that's kangas, transistor tiaras, African twin sisters, indestructible bracelets, gun-slinging morbidly obese cowgirls, purple rays, savage Aphrodite-worshipping Amazons, a buncha' other crazy stuff that doesn't fit together...

And invisible jets! And proud of it!

Calling Robot Plane...!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!