Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Luthor knows the Joker isn't STUPID, chaotic evil? yes, nihilist? yes, stupid? no.

Also Superfriends had Priscilla Rich as Cheetah, Barbara Minerva is a lot stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I just need a few scenes with Luthor acknowledging Barbara Ann's cunning and intelligence, and Joker just finding her downright scary and spooky. I would be so good if we get that.
    ^^^ This, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    In the interview, it said that Luthor sort of turns to Joker for, I dunno... guidance? It seems so odd that Luthor would have any sort of interaction with Joker that isn't negative.

How do we think Cheetah will interact with the others? I assume she'll respect Luthor enough if she's given the same. I've always wanted to see her interact with Black Manta more. But I hope we see some of that Joker-hatred we saw in the Justice League story quite a few years ago. I just can't see Cheetah being amused by his antics.
    I really, really, really, really hope this doesn't become the Luthor and Joker show.

I'd like to see all these villains get shown respect and have relationships developed between them, because a) they're all great characters and b) MALEVOLENT FUN.

If Grodd and Cheetah and Black Manta end up being just lackeys supporting Luthor and Joker (yes I know they're brilliant in their own ways) I'm going to be disappointed. It'd actually be interesting to see them functioning well as a team and highlighting each of their multiple strengths and abilities. It be an interesting juxtaposition to see them working better together than the League for whichever reasons Snyder dreams up.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I really, really, really, really hope this doesn't become the Luthor and Joker show.

I'd like to see all these villains get shown respect and have relationships developed between them, because a) they're all great characters and b) MALEVOLENT FUN.

If Grodd and Cheetah and Black Manta end up being just lackeys supporting Luthor and Joker (yes I know they're brilliant in their own ways) I'm going to be disappointed. It'd actually be interesting to see them functioning well as a team and highlighting each of their multiple strengths and abilities. It be an interesting juxtaposition to see them working better together than the League for whichever reasons Snyder dreams up.
    In their own way they uphold Luthor's new belief in human's brutality I'm sure they will get something to do.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

One thing I remember from the original Legion of Doom is that, While Luthor was the leader of the group, he didn't come up with all the evil plans himself. Part of why the group had regular meeting is that often a member would have a villainous idea they needed the rest of the group to help them with.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Snyder said there will be romance in his run. It's possible hawkgirl and john get together like the show, but I wonder if cheetah gets with one of the villains?

Yep, me too. Neither Luthor nor Joker are my favorites.

I like Cheetah, Sinestro, Grodd, Manta and all the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One thing I remember from the original Legion of Doom is that, While Luthor was the leader of the group, he didn't come up with all the evil plans himself. Part of why the group had regular meeting is that often a member would have a villainous idea they needed the rest of the group to help them with.
    I would love to see that. Each of these characters should be developed with their own scheming ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yep, me too. Neither Luthor nor Joker are my favorites.

I like Cheetah, Sinestro, Grodd, Manta and all the rest!
    I'm really intrigued if they will add additional members, so it looks anything like the cartoon lineup. Joker already throws that out the window, but it'd be interesting to see Luthor bring in Captain Cold from their days together on the Justice League or for a new Toyman to emerge. (His Super Friends design always creeped me out a bit.) It's doubtful Riddler would join up after his showdown with Joker in War of Jokes and Riddles, which is sad because we've never really seen Riddler and Luthor match wits. I'd love more ladies on the team too and that obviously means Giganta. While I'd play up her strength and stature, I'd match it with Doctor Doris Zeul's brilliance in all things biology (human, metahuman, magical, mythical, mutant, extraterrestrial, extradimensional, etc.)

I'm really intrigued if they will add additional members, so it looks anything like the cartoon lineup. Joker already throws that out the window, but it'd be interesting to see Luthor bring in Captain Cold from their days together on the Justice League or for a new Toyman to emerge. (His Super Friends design always creeped me out a bit.) It's doubtful Riddler would join up after his showdown with Joker in War of Jokes and Riddles, which is sad because we've never really seen Riddler and Luthor match wits. I'd love more ladies on the team too and that obviously means Giganta. While I'd play up her strength and stature, I'd match it with Doctor Doris Zeul's brilliance in all things biology (human, metahuman, magical, mythical, mutant, extraterrestrial, extradimensional, etc.)
    Giganta too much of a hired gun to be her own villain honestly or to contribute anything to the team independently.

I lwould love to see Giganta and Star Sapphire, although is SS good these days?

Sinestro, Black Adam, Grodd, even Zod and Ursa!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Giganta too much of a hired gun to be her own villain honestly or to contribute anything to the team independently.
    The team doesn't have any straight-up muscle, though. It'd be pretty awesome if one of the only female members of the team was also the heavy hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The team doesn't have any straight-up muscle, though. It'd be pretty awesome if one of the only female members of the team was also the heavy hitter.
    Well if this is Luthor's council of thinkers they will need followers so that does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Nah. I don't see Doris Zeul that way. She could be much bigger (pun intended) given that right focus and depth of character. She deserves her spot amongst Ares, Cheetah, Circe, Doctor Psycho, Silver Swan, etc. Someone just needs to dig into what makes her special and brilliant in her own way as one of Diana's cabal of monstrous doctors and scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I lwould love to see Giganta and Star Sapphire, although is SS good these days?

Sinestro, Black Adam, Grodd, even Zod and Ursa!
    Yeah, hopefully the team eventually gets expanded. (I think Carol Ferris is on the side of the angels these days.) I'd like to keep the Legion of Doom only the cream-the-crop villains (or at the very least those who were part of the cartoon.) And not have it become the Secret Society where it's scores of villains joining up. (Which is a concept I like too and would read, but it's not Legion of Doom-y.)

Black Adam would be an interesting addition - I love that idea. At one time I'd recommend Poison Ivy, but she's kind of on a path to redemption...perhaps. I think the next time we see her will be in King's stories about Sanctuary.

We haven't seen Queen Bee for years and she's never had a recent proper story about taking on the JLA by herself (that I remember anyway), but I might nominate her as member and opposition to Martian Manhunter. I could see developing her in a way that is thematically opposite to J'Onn on a few levels.