◾ Giganta
    ◾ Gorilla Grodd
    ◾ Lex Luthor
    ◾ Riddler
    ◾ Scarecrow
    ◾ Sinestro
    ◾ Solomon Grundy
    ◾ Toyman
    --this was a very eclectic lineup, especially given that the JL in this series had NEW characters in it. 3 Superman villains! While it was ostensibly 11 on 13, several members of the Legion weren't formidable in combat.

Legion of Doom (Justice League: Doom continuity)
    ◾ Vandal Savage
    ◾ Bane
    ◾ Cheetah
    ◾ Ma'alefa'ak Jonzz
    ◾ Metallo
    ◾ Mirror Master
    ◾ Star Sapphire(Carol Ferris)
    --7 on 7 fight? oh yes! Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Pretty obvious what League Vandal wanted to oppose.

Injustice League Unlimited (New Earth continuity)
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Injustice_League_Unlimited
    ◾ Cheetah
    ◾ Doctor Light
    ◾ Fatality
    ◾ Gorilla Grodd
    ◾ Joker
    ◾ Killer Frost
    ◾ Lex Luthor
    ◾ Parasite
    ◾ Poison Ivy
    ◾ Shadow-Thief
    ◾ Shaggy Man
    (actually this is just the core team, there was a total of 55 members!!!) I did kinda like that there was a lot of relatively new characters like Double Dare. Although, they're not exactly terrifying or powerful, it's nice having villains who aren't top tier mixed in too.(even if they strike me more as teenagers who need a guidance counselor more than prison)

Cheetah's got to come across as a thinker, here, to change anything of how she's been mischaracterized, in the past. What's more important is making it clear that Barbara is the monster, and 'Cheetah' is merely her chosen weapon and power. Portraying Barbara, as a globally focused hyper-Darwinist, whose crimes or ambitions are guided by an unspeakably horrific philosophy, would make sense ..and probably leave a lasting impression on fans.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-27-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: psycho-Darwinist vs hyper-Darwinist
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Cheetah's got to come across as a thinker, here, to change anything of how she's been mischaracterized, in the past. Portraying Barbara as a globally focused psycho-Darwinist would make sense ..and probably leave a lasting impression on fans.
    Knowing Luthor he would pick only the smartest to be his council of leaders and it's very probable that Cheetah will get that treatment. Especially when there are more members coming and they all can't be part of the ruling council.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Cheetah had a decent showing in this week's JL #2. Although the first few shots of her felt a bit too much like they were trying to cute-ify her?

I am kinda happy she ditched the "rrrrr"s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cheetah had a decent showing in this week's JL #2. Although the first few shots of her felt a bit too much like they were trying to cute-ify her?

Jorge Jiminez's art tends to do that to women.

That's good to hear. (I need to buy the issue tonight.) I hope she gets portrayed as more than animalistic, savage drives and is shown to be smart, strategic, and calculated.

Knowing Snyder (who I've enjoyed in some of his stories) I'm worried they'll all just fall in line with Luthor as leader instead of as partners in causing doom.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

yeah, wasn't thrilled with the art for her at all.

On the other hand, did everybody else read the Legion of Doom breakdown in the back of the issue? Lex got her to join because he promised her power to destroy Gods. Glad to see Rucka's motivation for her is being kept, at least so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    yeah, wasn't thrilled with the art for her at all.

On the other hand, did everybody else read the Legion of Doom breakdown in the back of the issue? Lex got her to join because he promised her power to destroy Gods. Glad to see Rucka's motivation for her is being kept, at least so far.
    Iknow about it DC Nation showed it nice to see some cohesion for Wonder Woman's corner of the DC Universe. At least this time Cheetah has a better motive than stealing the lasso what was George Perez thinking about back then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Iknow about it DC Nation showed it nice to see some cohesion for Wonder Woman's corner of the DC Universe. At least this time Cheetah has a better motive than stealing the lasso what was George Perez thinking about back then?
    It kinda made sense though, because she thought it would cure the curse she was under while in human form.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    It kinda made sense though, because she thought it would cure the curse she was under while in human form.
    Unfortunately I think it led to later writers thinking it was a weak and terrible motive so they changed her motives every single time depending on who was writing Cheetah.

Cheetah's personal goals are tied to her transformation most of the time. In some comics it's a divinely created hunger that's insatiable by normal means. So Cheetah tries various things to try and satisfy it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cheetah's personal goals are tied to her transformation most of the time. In some comics it's a divinely created hunger that's insatiable by normal means. So Cheetah tries various things to try and satisfy it.
    Sounds kind of dumb honestly and a recipe for inconsistent characterisation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Sounds kind of dumb honestly and a recipe for inconsistent characterisation.
    Well... that's never stopped comic book writers before.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well... that's never stopped comic book writers before.
    Yeah and thanks to that despite Cheetah being somewhat famous no one really knows what she's even famous for. Maybe the movie will change it.

she's famous for being a vicious predator with the strength and cunning to take on some of the most powerful superheros on the planet and win. ^_^ The specifics of how and why are less important.