Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

a crisis where they give back the 10 years stolen by Doc Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    a crisis where they give back the 10 years stolen by Doc Manhattan.
    That's what I've been expecting. Reality is already broken, so a Crisis that fixes things would be something new.

The Anti-Crisis: Sh*t Gets Fixed. Coming in 2020 from DC (or whenever the hell Johns manages to finish Watchmen II)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Jim Lee shot this rumor down yesterday on Twitter. Everyone can go freak out about something else now.

Since this all started with Flashpoint and Pandora and seems to be continuing ad nauseum, we should call this the Crisis that never ends.

At least it has a theme song.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Since this all started with Flashpoint and Pandora and seems to be continuing ad nauseum, we should call this the Crisis that never ends.

At least it has a theme song.

It DIDN'T start with FLASHPOINT and Pandora; it started with CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS and the Anti-Monitor back when Ronald Reagan was US President, gas was under $1 a gallon, and AIRWOLF and KNIGHT RIDER were on TV.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It DIDN'T start with FLASHPOINT and Pandora; it started with CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS and the Anti-Monitor back when Ronald Reagan was US President, gas was under $1 a gallon, and AIRWOLF and KNIGHT RIDER were on TV.

Yep, yep, and yep. As you succinctly stated earlier, BA, that was DC's original sin.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep, yep, and yep. As you succinctly stated earlier, BA, that was DC's original sin.
    At least in those days, Crises ended before another one started.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    At least in those days, Crises ended before another one started.
    Well, the industry as a whole was a lot healthier then than it is today, so that was a plus.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Jim Lee shot this rumor down yesterday on Twitter. Everyone can go freak out about something else now.
    Didn't he say there wasnt going to be a reboot, not a Crisis?

A Crisis doesn't have to be a reboot, and if the next big Crisis-style event actually fixes the currently broken timeline (which we've all known was coming since Rebirth) it's not a "reboot" precisely, just clarifying what is and is not canon now.

And.....I mean, I believe that DC isn't planning a reboot. I didn't think they were. And with Snyder and Lee saying the same thing, I'm not worried. But to play devil's advocate, they also claimed that the New52 wasn't a reboot when it absolutely was. And they claimed that Rebirth wasn't a reboot, but it absolutely sorta is. DC knows that fans hate the word "reboot" and they've lied about it in the recent past (twice).

Im not expecting a reboot, I'm expecting the missing ten years to be put back in place during a big huge mega-Event with all of reality at stake.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I view CRISIS as worse than FLASHPOINT, as without the precedent set by the former being what allowed the latter to come into existence.

The former making older stories, characters and elements impossible to even reference, let alone bring back, is one of the worst things it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    And we know Jim Lee and Dan DiDio ALWAYS speak the truth and NEVER revise what they've previously pronounced.

According to the Dept. of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, the annual price of gas was at $1.12 a gallon in 1985 when CoIE began, though it was down to 86¢ for 1986 (the year CoIE wrapped up).
    https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles...rice-1929-2015

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    According to the Dept. of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, the annual price of gas was at $1.12 a gallon in 1985 when CoIE began, though it was down to 86¢ for 1986 (the year CoIE wrapped up).
    https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles...rice-1929-2015
    So you are saying that DC will fix the price of gas with this Crisis? Reboot away!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    so you are saying that dc will fix the price of gas with this crisis? Reboot away!
    what are they waiting for??????

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So you are saying that DC will fix the price of gas with this Crisis? Reboot away!
    Can they reboot my student loans back to 85 values as well?

And if possible, fix the inflation caused by the oil price spike of the late 70's? That really caused some long term damage.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And we know Jim Lee and Dan DiDio ALWAYS speak the truth and NEVER revise what they've previously pronounced.
    Are you living on Prime Earth? If so, I guess I'm living on Earth-3 and didn't realize it....
    :P