Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Back in 2010, 2011, I was looking to get into comics. Then I saw New52 about completely wrecked everything that I had known about the DC universe, and much of it was off-putting.

Fastforward 5 or so years, I find out about Rebirth, and how it was bringing back a lot of the previous continuity. I checked in, and liked what I saw. Especially the Super Family, and I'm looking forward to the BatCat wedding.

Now DiDio, or whomever, wants to wreck it all again?

If this happens, I'm out. And it sure looks like I wouldn't be the only one. If DiDio is adamant on wanting his history and legacy erasing reboot, just do it in another universe. There's 53 (thank you, Chimp Earth) already out there, with plenty of ways to introduce more.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Are we sure that Doomsday Clock actually has an endgame in mind or are the writers just making things up as they go along,hoping that whatever they throw together makes sense?
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK seems to be bogged down by having TOO MUCH plan, rather than not enough.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I think that another Crisis event is almost impossible to avoid at this point and i'm pretty sure that we are going to have some continuity changes here and there, but a full reboot?, doubtfull, it probably would be something similar to Zero Hour or Infinite Crisis.

*maniacal laughter*

I can only hope this is true so I won't have to deal with a BatCat marriage ...then again I wouldn't want to deal with a whole event that has only one possible conclusion that's favorable to me.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

If the title is really just CRISIS (no INFINITE, EARTHS, IDENTITY, FINAL, etc.), that is a *really* minimalist title!

I'm still holding out for CHILI CRISIS, which centers around Oliver Queen's mouth-scorching chili as the focus of a line-wide event.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If the title is really just CRISIS (no INFINITE, EARTHS, IDENTITY, FINAL, etc.), that is a *really* minimalist title!

I'm still holding out for CHILI CRISIS, which centers around Oliver Queen's mouth-scorching chili as the focus of a line-wide event.

They'd probably just call it Crisis, so that it'll be 'Crisis, done right.'
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

There are Ollies in certain universes who use beans. Others eschew beans in the recipe. The fall out could be tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There are Ollies in certain universes who use beans. Others eschew beans in the recipe. The fall out could be tremendous.
    Earth-6 Ollie uses pinto beans, but Earth-11 Ollie uses black beans. How will DC resolve this? There will come the CHILI CRISIS...stomachs will live, stomachs will die, and all our digestive systems will never be the same again!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    As always, it's a matter of what will sell comics. People complain about DiDio and Lee, but they've done a pretty good job of that. Certainly better than Marvel in recent years.

Marriages? I'm skeptical about them. Why do you think so many characters on television are unmarried? It's because marriages tend to get in the way of stories. Many years of trial and error have borne that out.
    Because the main characters that they crap on are those that many especially those of the echo chamber don't care for in the FIRST place like John Stewart, Cassandra Cain and others. Now that screwed over line is including JSA, Legion and others.

A full blown reboot will NOT sell comics.

Here is the million dollar question-how much patience would FANS have?
    You go back to day one of Batman-how long do we wait to see Robin played by Dick Grayson?

And if it's a reboot-it means I can do WHATEVER I WANT.

I can make Dick's replacement as Robin be DUKE THOMAS not Jason or Tim.
    I can make Jessica Cruz NOT John'Hal's replacement IF he ever quits. Heck a reboot can WIPE the others away.

You will have a line of TICKED off fans who are not going to be told WAIT x number of years (unless DC does every book weekly to get everything reintroduced) for a favorite to show up?
    IF they show up. How long is one to wait to see a LGBT character? black ones? Latino ones?

It makes a pure waste to time on the current New Age books. Duke's mini, Jessica & Simon's book and so on. Why bother forking over money for book that won't matter in less than 18 months?

It's a plan that would send folks right to Marvel or IDW, Valiant, Image, Black Mask and other companies.

Why can't they get right?

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not buying any of this, save for the possibility that there may be an event called 'Crisis'.

Not that I think DC isn't stupid enough to think rebooting again is a good idea, I just don't think that's what's gonna happen. Admittedly I have a bias as another reboot would likely be the final nail in the coffin for me as a DC fan.
    I'm inclined to agree with you, particularly the bolded part. As a Hawkman fan, I've felt neglected for the better part of a decade now anyway, and a big part of that is due to constant reboots and status changes. Another reboot would not sit well at all with me.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised that people are shocked by this, just because you're happy doesn't mean comics is currently successful, and that's the problem. People have been trying to paint this rosy sky that things are wonderful because they've been reverting to classic reader interest, not realizing that the sales currently associated with Rebirth are almost at the exact same levels as New 52 at that this stage. If they make a new reboot, their sales would be just like how new 52 was towards the end.

Ultimately, comics is dying. Focusing towards the classic reader interest without bringing new readers is the surefire way to guarantee the collapse of DC Comics. So hopefully this is the rude awakening for people to realize that things can't stay the way they are now and expect DC to be successful.

Sad to say, this is just stupid. I liked the first crisis, but as the years wore on, and multiple big name events from both publishers permeated the landscape, I lost a lot of interest. They just had a reboot a few years ago,didn’t they? Now they to retcon marriages that were only just introduced? So we can go back to the same old lather, rinse repeat cycle of storytelling? Is it any wonder i’m More of a casual comic book reader these days?

Astonishing Member

DOOMSDAY CLOCK seems to be bogged down by having TOO MUCH plan, rather than not enough.

It must be a secret plan, since I don't understand how anything that has happened there will eventually lead to something coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It must be a secret plan, since I don't understand how anything that has happened there will eventually lead to something coherent.
    They find Doc. Some sort of altercation ensues. The timeline "solidifies" into whatever DC wants and the Watchmen cast quietly fade back into their own little corner.

Though since this is a Doomsday Clock, maybe it's secretly just the "coutndown" to whatever the real world ending event will be.

Astonishing Member

I honestly think DC's best option now is to start an Ultimates line of some sort. Earth One could have been this, potentially, but I think that imprint is working just fine the way it is.

Let the mainstream DCU be the modern DCU that's been allowed to evolve and that features the bulk of past continuity - from Golden Age to the present-day.

Let this new Ultimates universe be a world which allows DC to take a more 'back to basics' and 'classic' take on the icons. Or let them New 52 the hell out of the line. Preferably the status quo should be different enough from the mainstream DCU. And should be a more 'basic' status quo which evolves slowly (something which Marvel's Ultimate Universe failed at because their Ultimate Universe gradually became as complex, if not more, as 616).

Over time, depending on which version does better sales-wise they can shift the focus of their publishing efforts. But keep both lines going regardless.