Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

The real issue with reboots is that for most characters there is no need for them. Especially not in todays world. If someone wants read about how Batman met Jim Gordon all someone has to do is type into google what issue did Batman meet Jim Gordan then proceed to go on comixolgy and buy that comic. Its that simple. DC should just pick which continuty they are choosing to acknowledge and stick to reference that moving forward.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What this about DC not having a Crisis level event in the near future: https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-n...tiverse-dying/

Now if only we could connect this with the events of Doomsday Clock and the Rebirth Mystery...?
    Oh joy, a Multiverse dying . . . what is this, DC's attempt to do follow Marvel's Secret Wars redux by Hickman?!?

Besides, why the hell does DC need to add more uncertainty to the mess they haven't yet straightened out from Rebirth (which has now completed its second year since DC Universe: Rebirth was suppose to have restored "hope" to the world of the DC universe)?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh joy, a Multiverse dying . . . what is this, DC's attempt to do follow Marvel's Secret Wars redux by Hickman?!?

Besides, why the hell does DC need to add more uncertainty to the mess they haven't yet straightened out from Rebirth (which has now completed its second year since DC Universe: Rebirth was suppose to have restored "hope" to the world of the DC universe)?
    Well there is hope.
    Hope that it will finish in the next two years.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Well there is hope.
    Hope that it will finish in the next two years.
    Agreed, while they finally have a few comics I'm interested in (JLO, The Outsiders with BL, John Stewart joining the Justice League) I'm so ready
    for this era to end so we can escape this safe nostalgia zone.

Well, all Hickman was doing was a Marvel version of COIE, so Crisis2020 would be a rehash of someone else's rehash of DC's own story........honestly, the real world history of comics is more confusing than the fictional in-universe ones sometimes.

Presumably this Crisis would be fixing the timeline, so instead of tearing continuity apart it'll be putting it back together.

Presumably. But who knows what'll happen between now and then, how plans might get changed, delayed, or whatever?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, all Hickman was doing was a Marvel version of COIE, so Crisis2020 would be a rehash of someone else's rehash of DC's own story........honestly, the real world history of comics is more confusing than the fictional in-universe ones sometimes.

Presumably this Crisis would be fixing the timeline, so instead of tearing continuity apart it'll be putting it back together.

Presumably. But who knows what'll happen between now and then, how plans might get changed, delayed, or whatever?
    And then... how long until they have second thoughts, and decide the way it was put back together wasn't such a good idea, so they tear it apart again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And then... how long until they have second thoughts, and decide the way it was put back together wasn't such a good idea, so they tear it apart again...
    Eh, 5-10 years maybe.

It's DC. They reboot. It's what they do.

They'll eventually learn that it's poor long term business or they'll go under, sell off their biggest IP's to the competition, and we can buy up the rest ourselves.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What this about DC not having a Crisis level event in the near future: https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-n...tiverse-dying/

Now if only we could connect this with the events of Doomsday Clock and the Rebirth Mystery...?
    I really think it's best to stop trying to connect what Snyder,Bendis and King are doing with what Johns is doing, because clearly these writers aren't that connected with doomsday clock.

I definitely think the former three (among others) could be collaborating together for at least some connections late in the game with their properties to the JL stuff which I'm pretty confident is all leading to the fourth (last? who knows. doubtful) Crisis. But at this point I'm really thinking Doomsday Clock is just its own thing now. I really wouldn't be surprised if most greater consequences for the DCU are either dropped entirely or just made not as outwardly relevant as originally intended.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I definitely think the former three (among others) could be collaborating together for at least some connections late in the game with their properties to the JL stuff which I'm pretty confident is all leading to the fourth (last? who knows. doubtful) Crisis. But at this point I'm really thinking Doomsday Clock is just its own thing now. I really wouldn't be surprised if most greater consequences for the DCU are either dropped entirely or just made not as outwardly relevant as originally intended.
    I am of the same mind. I think Doomsday Clock will remain important for the return of the JSA, Shazam and Legion, but the continuity revamping will largely be done elsewhere. Doc Manhattan's tinkering with the DCU's history will remain the cause behind the changes in DCU history, but the restoration/reshuffling of continuity will be done in Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Dr. Manhattan was just a red herring and something or someone else was responsible.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Dr. Manhattan was just a red herring and something or someone else was responsible.
    Please, don't let it be Hank Hall again!

Please, don't let it be Hank Hall again!

They should make Manhattan be Captain Atom.

Let's see...
    Captain Atom is the original Dr. Manhattan...
    He was originally supposed to be Monarch...
    The DCU version first appeared right after COIE...

So he could've been secretly created by the Anti-Monitor as a last resort before dying. And poor Nate would just not be aware that his gaining powers was orchestrated by the Anti-Monitor. The Anti-Monitor could've simply died before he had a chance to corrupt him into being his minion.