Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

DC has a very profitable product using the word "Crisis". I don't think there's any way we can or should expect them to stop using the word for major events. They've done it for more than 50 years. A Crisis allows DC's various teams and franchises to come together to face situations that they can't handle alone. The idea is great and it's a way to showcase the diversity and power contained in each individual franchise and the Multiverse altogether.

But, all Crises all the time (ACATT) isn't a way to go. The thrill of seeing franchise A and franchise B characters interact is because those franchises have been developed and they have their fans. ACATT leaves us with books that are epilogs to past event, a tie-i to current event and a prolog to a future event. Talk about a reality-altering rebooting Crisis while we're still waiting for the nu52 and Rebirth to settle is silly.

Let me guess . . . Rebirth didn’t work out after all?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Let me guess . . . Rebirth didn’t work out after all?
    I think Rebirth did what it needed to do. The market wants events, they sell. While they may not sell as well as they once did, they still sell better than ongoings which sell no where near what they once did.

Also, not everyone uses the word reboot to mean the same thing.

Another also, if DC does go overboard with any sort of continuity changes I'll probably be done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    You know this word can never DIE In DC COMICS.... https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...vent-revealed/

Also Bonus news given what the aftermath of this CRISIS event will lead us with: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...man-marriages/
    I smell Bendis, DiDio and Lee all over this

I am not buying any events, just stop! Man DC is burning through all the good will they built up with me.

Actually if they go through with this crap, then I will probably stop buying DC all together. It will save me some money.....
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-11-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

What is the point of going for a new Crisis that could potentially lead to a reboot?

We already have Rebirth which is a partial reboot of the New 52 which was a partial reboot of the old continuity. Continuity is already a mess, why go deeper down the rabbit hole?

New 52 got shafted because it alienated some of the older fans(I always felt that New 52 had good ideas that were tainted by bad execution). What's the excuse for shafting Rebirth? Not attracting new fans?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Good! Maybe this time they'll do it right. As in, not rebooting in the middle of an ongoing storyline and actually settle things before they go to print. Not gonna hold my breath on that, though.

Also, they're still neck deep in New 52 continuity, so they'll have to do a reboot of some sort in order to combine elements that people miss. If they don't, all those tease about Young Justice, Wally, Batgirls and so on will be useless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think Rebirth did what it needed to do. The market wants events, they sell. While they may not sell as well as they once did, they still sell better than ongoings which sell no where near what they once did.

Also, not everyone uses the word reboot to mean the same thing.

Another also, if DC does go overboard with any sort of continuity changes I'll probably be done as well.
    It depends on what those changes are. If the continuity changes bring back characters who got shafted by the New 52 and Rebirth, I won't mind. That being said there should be no need for a reboot or Crisis to do so and it puts other characters at risk to be shafted.

Still waiting on Doomsday Clock to end.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

DC doing a Crisis is a Bi-Decadal event now, right? YAWN
    Not news Bleeding Cool. I could've provided you with this "scoop".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I really think the last thing DC needs at this point is another reboot, especially if this gets rid of virtually any and all goodwill they gained with Rebirth.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

YAY.

Let`s break the Flash fandom in half again!

¬¬
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's not a good sign when the most stable universe DC is publishing right now is one where Superman is a villain.
    Assassinate Putin!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

IF this ends up being a hard reboot like the N52 and IF it also ends up erasing the marriages yet again I'll be taking more of my money to smaller publishers like Image, Lion Forge and Aftershock where I don't have to put up with this nonsense anymore.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Still waiting on Doomsday Clock to end.
    Don’t hold your breath.... Wouldn’t be surprised if the conclusion of Doomsday Clock leads directly into whatever crisis DC are planning.