Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I like to think they couldn't possibly be this stupid, but history shows otherwise. Let's just hope this is a rumor.

Reboots have historically never worked for DC, especially the way they go about doing them. Neither Crisis or Flashpoint worked, at least not in the long run, the former creating the problems it set out to "solve" and the latter compounding the issue even further. Honestly, wishing for a coherent DC universe is pretty much a lost cause at this point, and I'd rather follow the Ultimate-style alternative line that others have suggested here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Suddenly, i’m seeing a limited shelf life for damian’s teen titans.
    Unfortunately,most new characters have a short shelf life. I always felt that writers should try to work with or retool some of the characters who already exist instead of creating new ones who get shafted quickly.

Echoing what others have said I can definitely see an event, but not a reboot. What about Snyder's Justice League, it's just getting started. Bendis is just getting started on his Superman run. Johns is doing the three Jokers with Fabok. Willamson is just starting to reintegrate Wally's history back into continuity. And getting rid of Jon and Damian? Bullcrap, no freaking way. They shove Damian into everything, no way is he going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Echoing what others have said I can definitely see an event, but not a reboot. What about Snyder's Justice League, it's just getting started. Bendis is just getting started on his Superman run. Johns is doing the three Jokers with Fabok. Willamson is just starting to reintegrate Wally's history back into continuity. And getting rid of Jon and Damian? Bullcrap, no freaking way. They shove Damian into everything, no way is he going anywhere.
    Damian will become the new Monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Damian will become the new Monarch.

Jesus, i would never wish that destiny to any characther, just look what happened to Hank and Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    As an aside, why does Bleeding Cool seem to end every article with a "click here to see how right we sometimes are!" link? I always think that's funny.
    Conversely I always think it's funny how bleedingcool and Rich Johnston are regarded here to be rumor-mongers with a poor record when they actually have a stellar record. If they feel the need to be defensive about their record that's because it's never accurately portrayed in any place fans gather to talk about comics.

I first saw this reported on comicbook.com, "as reported by BC." Even if fans aren't catching up to the fact that Johnston is almost always on the money, comic book sites are recognizing him for accurately breaking so many stories.

When I see a story on BC now, I assume it's probably true. And, in almost every case, it is.

I really don't get the BC-bashing that happens here. A quick look at the record shows he has real connections and almost every story he breaks winds up coming to fruition in one way or another.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Bleeding Cool can be obnoxious, but they're usually always right. I think the disdain they get is because of the tabloidy nature of their reporting, which is unusual for the comic book industry and probably rankles many of the professionals working in it. And let's face it: There's no way DC would want this out there now before they can successfully control the narrative. Because now I'm suddenly finding myself deflated and wondering if I should continue on with No Justice, Snyder's Justice League, Bendis' Superman, Batman #50, and Doomsday Clock. If they're just going to junk it all in 2 years for the Newer 52, I can save hundreds of dollars and a lot of heartache now.

Jim Lee just tweeted out: "Rumors of reboots are ridiculous. Just stop with the misinformation. Thanks and have a great weekend!"
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Mighty Member
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time someone's tried to downplay a Bleeding Cool rumor only for it turn out accurate, but I'm willing to give Lee credit here.

I honestly don't think DC would deliberately try and reboot everything again unless they were forced too.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time someone's tried to downplay a Bleeding Cool rumor only for it turn out accurate, but I'm willing to give Lee credit here.

I honestly don't think DC would deliberately try and reboot everything again unless they were forced too.
    I will say, to BC's credit, if this isn't suppose to happen till 2020, of course DC would shut down rumors like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Someone asked Paul Ryan a few weeks ago if he were leaving Congress, and he said no. It was true, but he was trying to control the narrative.

Rich Johnston obviously has some high-up sources. Maybe Crisis is not a full-blown reboot, which means Lee can say his tweet was accurate, but it might affect some properties. Like Batman and Green Lantern, which dodged the reboot of the New 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I will say, to BC's credit, if this isn't suppose to happen till 2020, of course DC would shut down rumors like this.
    Exactly. A reporter asked Walt Disney whether he was the one who was buying up all those swamps in Florida, and he denied it.

Mighty Member

Meh. It seems like people just want this to be true. They want someone to blame and point fingers at. You'll have to forgive me for not being on the Didio & Lee hate train like most. If he says it's a rumor, then that's that.
    Last edited by Raijin; 05-11-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

And they've done it again.to the many many fans of dc comic's.we the people here at dc we gave you.the new dc.we gave the new 52.we also gave you dc rebirth.and after crisis in 2020.we'll be giving you ''dc reborn'' lol