Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Very sneaky lol.
    Yup that's how I roll.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Snyder also just denied it on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...245647360?s=20 Look you either believe them or you don’t. If you don’t then there’s nothing anyone can say to put your minds at ease.
    We hope that in 3 years we can forget this because never happened.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So, what did we learn yesterday? I learned that nobody trusts DC anymore. Which I think says more about them than it does about us.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So, what did we learn yesterday? I learned that nobody trusts DC anymore. Which I think says more about them than it does about us.
    All I learned is that certain posters can’t handle any kind of change.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Spectacular Member

Hey where is Geoff johns?
    Jim lee just respond so quickly but I can't see any from gj

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hmmh. Too bad, but my priority is fixing timeline or clarification and keeping consistency so a full reboot is not necessary.
    ......could we even call what we have right now continuity? Can they reboot when there isn't an actual continuity to reboot in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Hey where is Geoff johns?
    Jim lee just respond so quickly but I can't see any from gj
    Hopefully he's busy running the business and doesn't have time to worry about fans losing their sh*t over rumors that won't happen for two years even if everything is true.

Johns is pretty far up the ladder. Isn't this the kind of stuff you have PR people for?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ......could we even call what we have right now continuity? Can they reboot when there isn't an actual continuity to reboot in the first place?

Hopefully he's busy running the business and doesn't have time to worry about fans losing their sh*t over rumors that won't happen for two years even if everything is true.

Johns is pretty far up the ladder. Isn't this the kind of stuff you have PR people for?
    He's not as powerful as he used to be. As we know, his role in the movies has diminished. And according to Rich Johnston, his only involvement in comics now is with Doomsday Clock and Earth One. The person who supervised him and pretty much gave him free rein, Diane Nelson, is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not in a good way.

IF this mess is true guess what gets HURT FIRST..... Every single book between now and 2020.

No fan in their RIGHT mind is going to buy a DC book knowing that story will get tossed in a scorch Earth reboot. How will you get new readers for guys like Duke or Terrifics or Flash knowing those stories might not matter.

When Lee & Dan stop doing things to be on that train-you will see it end.

If SOMETHING is wrong with Hawkman-fix Hawkman. Not ruin others who had no issues like Jaime & Static before New 52.

I don't NEED 50 different version of Batman and Joker falling in love.

Or a restart of Justice League to shoe horn a castrated black man to claim diversity.

How about we work on new stories? Invest in building up folks so we don't have to rely on Batman to give us stuff. Find SOMEONE who can write Teen Titans. Find an editor who can stop offensive introductions of guys like Wally West.
    Find someone who will tell Johns-you can't hold franchises hostage and allow others to use them. Find someone who likes Lanterns not named Hal. Find some to get books to sell without tossing Batman in them.
    I agree with all your points! Excellent!

Just write good, meaty stories that makes the fans wanting to read more. And fix mistakes as you go along.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    . . . I’m sure whatever happens will cause a lot of people to get angry and I will be sure to have my popcorn ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    it could still be a Crisis and not be a full reboot. Infinite Crisis just gave us One Year Later.
    It also undid major changes made to Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman from either CoIE or ZH:CiT.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Rich's clarification on yesterday's rumors: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...re-ridiculous/

So comic fans got all bent out of shape and outraged over news of rumors that might not even mean what they think they mean and might not even happen at all?

Well.

That's never happened before.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Rich's clarification on yesterday's rumors: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...re-ridiculous/
    "So… Grant and Liam still on Green Lantern? Kelly Sue still on Aquaman? Brian still on Suicide Squad? David still on a Flash comic? Matt still off Jimmy Olsen? Creative Refresh? Those, at least have not been denied… not yet anyway."

sure i'm still waiting for these fresh start (some kind of relaunch?) BC talked before.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Clock is far too personal and "small" a story to be dealing with the continuity of the entire line. When DC decides to mess with its history, they make a big deal out of it. So I've figured that Clock would end by setting up the fight between the heroes and whoever is threatening time. The personal story of Clock ends with "times up" and leads into the big Crisis where all the heroes show up and punch a giant villain with vague motivations in the nose. I've never been convinced that Manhattan was the real villain though; you go back to the end of Flashpoint, and you see Pandora talking about making a stronger universe that'll withstand a big, oncoming threat. And we know she was working for Manhattan (before he nuked her). I've long suspected that Manhattan was actually trying to save the DCU and all the changes he's made were in preparation for something even worse. That strikes me as a very "Watchmen" kind of thing to do; blow up half the world to save the other half.
    Holy shades of Thanos, Batman!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

So comic fans got all bent out of shape and outraged over news of rumors that might not even mean what they think they mean and might not even happen at all?

Well.

That's never happened before.
    But it was fun discussion for a day. Cured my boredom, lol. I really wasn't that bothered. I argued against the idea but I wasn't mad or anything. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Apathy with these things means less stress on me, but at the same time being apathetic means I don't really care as much anymore. I doubt I'll ever completely not care; I love comics, and Superman in particular, too much. But it sucks when you're not as invested.

In any case, they're doing SOMETHING in 2020. Which will probably include changes. I mean, Snyder's Justice League run, which is huge in multiversal themes, is said to be a two year story. 2020. So yeah, Some sort of Crisis level event pretty much begs to happen at this point, even without the BC rumors.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Holy shades of Thanos, Batman!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    >SNAP!<

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    But it was fun discussion for a day. Cured my boredom, lol. I really wasn't that bothered. I argued against the idea but I wasn't mad or anything. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Apathy with these things means less stress on me, but at the same time being apathetic means I don't really care as much anymore. I doubt I'll ever completely not care; I love comics, and Superman in particular, too much. But it sucks when you're not as invested.

In any case, they're doing SOMETHING in 2020. Which will probably include changes. I mean, Snyder's Justice League run, which is huge in multiversal themes, is said to be a two year story. 2020. So yeah, Some sort of Crisis level event pretty much begs to happen at this point, even without the BC rumors.
    Hey, you know we're in lockstep here. I've become largely apathetic as well. Have been since Rebirth started, and was well on my way there in the 00's when DC only had like, two books worth reading.

But I also agree that if true, it's terrible f**king business. Rebooting again when current continuity is more of a vague idea than anything else? Getting rid of marriages (again!) when they went to so much gods damn effort to get Lois and Clark back together? If this does come to pass I'll likely be done with the company. But rumors.....I don't care how good BC's record is, I don't buy into rumors.

~ Black Panther.