Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Look: you read DC Comics long enough, you just expect CRISES the way people who live in the Arctic Circle expect snow. Roll with it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Look: you read DC Comics long enough, you just expect CRISES the way people who live in the Arctic Circle expect snow. Roll with it.

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    I guess that makes Roger Stern and Kurt Busiek hacks then (among MANY others).
    Well......

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd be more likely to believe WB wants movie synergy if the movies were actually successful.

If WB really said "Hey, you know those movies we've really struggled with that haven't been successful? Let's make the print division, which has struggled for ages, copy it! Two wrongs make a right and this'll be amazing!!" then I'm out for good.
    It isn't just that their film universe has flopped, but their movie plans also constantly changing. I mean... DC has prepared the Deathstoke vs Batman mini to "synergize" with the Affleck's Batman movie with Deathstroke as villain that was supposed to come out this year but ended up being scrapped when Matt Reeves came on board as director.

How do they synergize with projects that keep changing?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-13-2018 at 10:17 AM.

I also think the Reboot idea is bs, but the idea of a new CRISIS is kinda obvious. Doomsday Clock will take to the end of 2019 and it’s not a stretch to assume it’s counting down to something. Snyder’s JL will go just as long if not a little into 2020, and with that I expect the similarly large-in-scale books JL Odyssey and JL Dark to last about as long. Bendis probably won’t stay on the Superman books for more than 2 years either. King plans to stay on Batman through 100 issues, and has teased his Sanctuary concept as a “crisis” center which will play a big role going forward. The New Age of DC Heroes line doesn’t look like it’ll survive past 2019 at all, imo. It all lines up.

Rebirth lasted two years before we returned to “DC Universe” books, and it’s not a stretch to think that’ll last another two years before a change. And yeah, DC loves Crisis events, and so do I. I mean Metal was the “Dark Crisis” and sold well, and it was all handled by snyder with input from Morrison and others. I would imagine the next event will be a collaboration between Snyder and Johns.

I suspect we'll have some sort of "Crisis" storyline since DC loves to market them that way. It'll probably involve some multiversal aspect coming in. And it might change a little bit of the history retroactively here and there like Infinite Crisis did. Just enough to fine tune their universe the way they want. It's just what DC does.

Hindsight Crisis... is 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Hindsight Crisis... is 2020!
    Hindsight may be 20/20, but I don't think DC will get the first issue out before at least 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hindsight may be 20/20, but I don't think DC will get the first issue out before at least 2021.
    The upside of putting things off indefinitely is that you don't need to worry about them coming to pass.

The upside of putting things off indefinitely is that you don't need to worry about them coming to pass.
    Not a good thing if you're talking about things like kidney stones . . .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I can take a crisis fine. It's when reboots and crisis events are popping up multiple times per decade that I draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I can take a crisis fine. It's when reboots and crisis events are popping up multiple times per decade that I draw the line.
    When everything is a CRISIS, then nothing will be a CRISIS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It isn't just that their film universe has flopped, but their movie plans also constantly changing. I mean... DC has prepared the Deathstoke vs Batman mini to "synergize" with the Affleck's Batman movie with Deathstroke as villain that was supposed to come out this year but ended up being scrapped when Matt Reeves came on board as director.

How do they synergize with projects that keep changing?
    Plus Aquaman is now running around sporting long hair and a beard again. Kind of like a certain actor in a little known movie that just happens to be called Aquaman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I also think the Reboot idea is bs, but the idea of a new CRISIS is kinda obvious. Doomsday Clock will take to the end of 2019 and it’s not a stretch to assume it’s counting down to something. Snyder’s JL will go just as long if not a little into 2020, and with that I expect the similarly large-in-scale books JL Odyssey and JL Dark to last about as long. Bendis probably won’t stay on the Superman books for more than 2 years either. King plans to stay on Batman through 100 issues, and has teased his Sanctuary concept as a “crisis” center which will play a big role going forward. The New Age of DC Heroes line doesn’t look like it’ll survive past 2019 at all, imo. It all lines up.

Rebirth lasted two years before we returned to “DC Universe” books, and it’s not a stretch to think that’ll last another two years before a change. And yeah, DC loves Crisis events, and so do I. I mean Metal was the “Dark Crisis” and sold well, and it was all handled by snyder with input from Morrison and others. I would imagine the next event will be a collaboration between Snyder and Johns.
    In a roundabout way, Metal was a collaboration between Snyder and Johns. Apparently they met up over a weekend at one of their houses (not sure whose) and Snyder thrashed out the relative story he wanted to tell. Johns then worked with him to ensure it didn't contradict his longterm plans for Rebirth and Doomsday Clock. I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder's Justice League was discussed as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I suspect we'll have some sort of "Crisis" storyline since DC loves to market them that way. It'll probably involve some multiversal aspect coming in. And it might change a little bit of the history retroactively here and there like Infinite Crisis did. Just enough to fine tune their universe the way they want. It's just what DC does.
    I much prefer the Crisis events making tweaks to the continuity rather than just changing something without any reason. At least from the reader's standpoint, history changes as a result of an event that occurs.