Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-dc-...ampaign=CBR-TW

I wonder how poorly used and annoying he'll be this time around.
    He'd only kill people dead is all.

And some people actually thought Snyder would shy away from Johns' stuff. lol

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It's not really the old DCU unless it's Pre-COIE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Sounds good to me! Let's just do that!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    It sounds like they're setting up to build a new multiverse. Which isn't necessarily a reboot. They kind of wasted the current one by filling their very limited number of Earths with these obscure variations they never planned to do anything with. I don't think there was ever going to be a mini about a world where all the Justice League are robots or something. If this brings back the infinite multiverse where every previous continuity gets it's own world, I can live with that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Are we sure that DC isn't just heading for it's 19th nervous breakdown?

I have a few hopes. One, it just flat out doesn't happen. Two, it happens but the pastiche he turned into is erased and he's restored to his COIE self. Or three, he shows up only to set up Conner's own return, who subsequently kicks his ass into irrelevance and then he's done.

Any one will do. Please just don't ask me to buy him as a legit, meaningful villain in any story ever again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I have a few hopes. One, it just flat out doesn't happen. Two, it happens but the pastiche he turned into is erased and he's restored to his COIE self. Or three, he shows up only to set up Conner's own return, who subsequently kicks his ass into irrelevance and then he's done.

Any one will do. Please just don't ask me to buy him as a legit, meaningful villain in any story ever again.
    spoilers:
    Superboy-Prime might be the key to restoring the Pre-COIE Multiverse. Not only is he the last true survivor of the original Multiverse, but because he was from Earth-Prime, he has unique properties in terms of altering reality. Perhaps his redemption story will lie in the restoration of the original Multiverse.
    end of spoilers

Not sure I'm really spoiling anything, but better safe than sorry.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I don’t see the former Multiverse coming back. Rather I expect they’ll simply expand the current one. They already introduced Earth-53 in Metal which restored the JLApes.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I don’t see the former Multiverse coming back. Rather I expect they’ll simply expand the current one. They already introduced Earth-53 in Metal which restored the JLApes.
    Now was this multiverse the one set up when Convergence affected how COIE went down? Personally, I've head-canoned an infinite multiverse which only varied by how easily folks got from universe to universe. Obviously there are fans who care about rhe details and the story would matter to them.

They have hired Bendis.....

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    They have hired Bendis.....
    Lol! This was my first thought when I saw this. Seems just like a Bendis move to put his stamp on something like this. If it happens prepare for toys to be broken.

Personally, I’m generally against reboots but the last one really jarred the DCU. Something at this point needs to be done to get things back on track. After that just leave the universe alone.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Personally, I’m generally against reboots but the last one really jarred the DCU. Something at this point needs to be done to get things back on track. After that just leave the universe alone.
    The waiting is frustrating. From my personal view, I'm a JSA and Legion fan so I'm naturally waiting on each issue of Doomsday Clock. My number of DC books I'm reading is dropping quickly and may eventually get down to Mister Miracle. And God knows how Justice League Odyssey may affect that.

The entire Missing Years fiasco now refers to the years we've lost waiting for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Lol! This was my first thought when I saw this. Seems just like a Bendis move to put his stamp on something like this. If it happens prepare for toys to be broken.

If I could, I'd go back to before the return of the multiverse. But with all the work they've put into establishing the multiverse, I don't see that happening.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

I doubt they'd ever "bring back the Pre-Crisis universe", because substantively, what does that even mean at this point? Everything picked up as it was in 1986? No, there's been 32 years of iconic stories, characters, and events since then, and, as Convergence showed, you can't trust writers of a modern era to pick up the characters as they were decades ago without bungling things in the process. Does it mean the Pre-Crisis history is acknowledged? Well, that's sort of what we had from 2006 to 2011, where most Pre-Crisis stories "sort of" happened while still allowing for modern takes, origins, and most everything that had taken place in the Post-Crisis continuity. Does it mean a return to the unlimited worlds of the Multiverse? Morrison and now Snyder have been slow-walking us to that point since the 52 weekly ended, and we're basically there now.

When this all shakes out we'll probably (or hopefully) have something resembling Superman's current status quo: A nebulous acknowledgement of everything, even if certain stories and eras couldn't possibly have happened as we read them. If you want to piece it together in your head you can, but DC won't be definitely saying what's in or out. The Grant Morrison on Batman approach, if you will.

The problem is they've been "slow walking" us through everything. Rebirth was two years ago and we still don't know what "counts" and what doesn't. I think it's a (fairly) safe assumption that Superman might be getting a "new" origin though what that will look like, when we'll see it, and what will count remains to be seen. And that isn't even taking into account things like the JSA, the Legion, Conner, and whoever else has been missing since 2011. This perpetually leaving fans dangling is getting old. The Button was two years ago and we still haven't seen hide nor hair of Jay Garrick or any of the other JSA members. DC has spent more time in the last decade establishing new continuity than they have telling stories.
    Assassinate Putin!