Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's not a good sign when the most stable universe DC is publishing right now is one where Superman is a villain.
    Sounds right, just over a year ago(less?), Captain America was the MCU's best villain.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah, this is what happens when you bring Bendis in. Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How do you explain every single other Crisis or Crisis related event since CoIE?
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

If they erase the marriage just split off the universe and keep the current timeline in a few set “Earth Two” Titles like before COIE. Then REALLY Reboot as in Dick Grayson is 12 Y/O.

Well... if it is true...the Didio era will go down in history as the era that repeatedly kept starting over, and never knew exactly what it wanted to be.
    And would give credit to the idea that when they saw his resume, all they saw was 'ReBoot' and said, "hey... there's our guy!"

But, in all fairness, Rebirth really wasn't doing enough to seperate the DCU from New52, Doomsday Clock being delayed has stretched the two year race into a four year marathon, Bendis came in halfway through Rebirth and likely came with conditions (not unlike Byrne in the '80s), and no one really knows what is or isn't canon...
    A Crisis level event that gives a definite point where continuity starts is probably what DC needs right now. Even if it's just to take all the plot points and course corrections of Doomsday Clock and Rebirth and put it all in layman's terms so that there's no confusion going forward.

And major superhero marriages do tend to be the death knell or harbinger of doom for continuity, as it seems that shortly afterwards a reset button is usually pushed to erase it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Good! Maybe this time they'll do it right. As in, not rebooting in the middle of an ongoing storyline and actually settle things before they go to print. Not gonna hold my breath on that, though.

Also, they're still neck deep in New 52 continuity, so they'll have to do a reboot of some sort in order to combine elements that people miss. If they don't, all those tease about Young Justice, Wally, Batgirls and so on will be useless.
    Lol.
    This is DC.
    Doomsday Clock not having the ending re-written to fit a new meta-narrative would go against everything they've done since COIE.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Don’t hold your breath.... Wouldn’t be surprised if the conclusion of Doomsday Clock leads directly into whatever crisis DC are planning.
    You might be right. Instead of providing an ending, Doomsday Clock might conclude with a lead-in to the next event. Johns has been known to do that a time or two.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This sounds like it's more on Didio than anyone else. It's not a secret Johns was a hold out on New 52 being a hard reboot because he wanted to keep his stuff with GL and most of Batman's history. He was against it from the start and now that he's more or less out of the picture it wouldn't surprise me if Didio wants the reboot he couldn't have back in 2011. If this is slated for 2020, then Doomsday Clock would be long over by then and Johns would be out of the picture for good.
    Assassinate Putin!

Not clear on why undoing marriages is so important to TPTB at both Marvel and DC.

When I started reading comics as a kid, Barry and Arthur were both married and as far as I was concerned always had been. This never ruined the characters for me.
    Even at a young age I also gravitated toward the JSA because they WERE allowed to progress and have families.

While I would love a good new Crisis story, I don't want to see the current continuity undone. Leave Prime Earth alone, leave the current history alone (however DO establish what the current history is since it seems to be in flux. Founders of the JLA?...Cyborg as a Teen Titan? etc).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Lol.
    This is DC.
    Doomsday Clock not having the ending re-written to fit a new meta-narrative would go against everything they've done since COIE.
    Yep. They even had a few years to get everything right in 1985 (unlike in 2011), yet still weren't able to connect all of the threads.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

As always, it's a matter of what will sell comics. People complain about DiDio and Lee, but they've done a pretty good job of that. Certainly better than Marvel in recent years.

Marriages? I'm skeptical about them. Why do you think so many characters on television are unmarried? It's because marriages tend to get in the way of stories. Many years of trial and error have borne that out.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. They even had a few years to get everything right in 1985 (unlike in 2011), yet still weren't able to connect all of the threads.
    I read somewhere that initial planning for COIE started as early as *1980*, though nothing emerged on the printed page until 1982, when the Monitor was first sighted in the pages of NEW TEEN TITANS.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I read somewhere that initial planning for COIE started as early as *1980*, though nothing emerged on the printed page until 1982, when the Monitor was first sighted in the pages of NEW TEEN TITANS.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Right. How long did Didio have when he was told to do something big by his superiors, BA? It wasn't three years, I know that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This sounds like it's more on Didio than anyone else. It's not a secret Johns was a hold out on New 52 being a hard reboot because he wanted to keep his stuff with GL and most of Batman's history. He was against it from the start and now that he's more or less out of the picture it wouldn't surprise me if Didio wants the reboot he couldn't have back in 2011. If this is slated for 2020, then Doomsday Clock would be long over by then and Johns would be out of the picture for good.
    Johns is DC's President, how can he be out of the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Sounds right, just over a year ago(less?), Captain America was the MCU's best villain.
    Cap was never a villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel's comic universe is called either Earth-616 or just the Marvel Universe).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman