Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    As always, it's a matter of what will sell comics. People complain about DiDio and Lee, but they've done a pretty good job of that. Certainly better than Marvel in recent years.

Marriages? I'm skeptical about them. Why do you think so many characters on television are unmarried? It's because marriages tend to get in the way of stories. Many years of trial and error have borne that out.
    Trey, I know you REALLY don't care about facts, but with the exception of two years at the turn of the millenium, Marvel has almost always had the larger market and unit shares and the recent years haven't been any different.

And any writer who thinks marriage gets in the way of stories is an uncreative hack.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. How long did Didio have when he was told to do something big by his superiors, BA? It wasn't three years, I know that.
    Probably less than a year. New 52 had "we didn't have any time to think this through" stamped all over it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Johns is DC's President, how can he be out of the picture?
    Indeed. Doesn't Johns have more clout at DC than Didio these days? If he didn't, we'd still be in the New 52 era and not the REBIRTH era.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Call me an optimist but DC is not that stupid to do a full blown reboot. If they're "rebooting" then I'm betting it's to get rid of all the New 52 stink rather than start from the beginning. All the stories that reflect on the old status quo DC got rid of is selling.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Call me an optimist but DC is not that stupid to do a full blown reboot. If they're "rebooting" then I'm betting it's to get rid of all the New 52 stink rather than start from the beginning. All the stories that reflect on the old status quo DC got rid of is selling.
    Wasn't the whole point of Rebirth to get rid of the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's been an incomplete process up to now, ironically providing fuel for DOOMSDAY CLOCK and FLASH WAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Probably less than a year. New 52 had "we didn't have any time to think this through" stamped all over it.

Yeah, there were plenty of New52 titles, such as Batwoman, Swamp Thing and JLI, that were blatantly obvious that they were originally intended to follow Brightest Day and were reconfigured for the reboot.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Yes and No? They still kept New 52 continuity throughout the titles. They just kinda fixed a few things here and there but Rebirth is still the New 52.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Doomsday Clock not having the ending re-written to fit a new meta-narrative would go against everything they've done since COIE.
    I don't care if the ending is rewritten or if they change their plan. What matters is when or if we get a new batch of number #1 they'll keep things consistent. Let's just say they can't be consistent or if they don't reboot, then all that will happen is I will continue not reading.

So, if Doomsday Clock is reintroducing JSA and Legion to the DC multiverse, what could possibly be done with them if there's a reboot Crisis happening in 2020? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I can see the appeal of reboots to bring Supes and Bats back to child free and single. Perhaps putting the DC multiverse on a 20-25 year cycle would allow growth and development of characters. But still, Flashpoint, nu52, Rebirth are still going on. If you don't END a reset before you start the next one, what good is it?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    So, if Doomsday Clock is reintroducing JSA and Legion to the DC multiverse, what could possibly be done with them if there's a reboot Crisis happening in 2020? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I can see the appeal of reboots to bring Supes and Bats back to child free and single. Perhaps putting the DC multiverse on a 20-25 year cycle would allow growth and development of characters. But still, Flashpoint, nu52, Rebirth are still going on. If you don't END a reset before you start the next one, what good is it?
    Let's not forget that DC also brought the JSA back in 1992, after the surprise success of a throwaway mini-series designed just to give the Impact creators something to do before its launch.
    Only to kill them off two years later with Zero Hour.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Oh for pity's sake, not again.

I didn't like the idea of the New 52, but I gave it a chance. Almost every book I tried was gone in less than a year. If they reboot again, I'm not giving the new stuff a chance. I'm done. I'm out. I don't have the patience to stick with yet another continuity shattering event. I'm just exhausted with the whole thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It's been an incomplete process up to now, ironically providing fuel for DOOMSDAY CLOCK and FLASH WAR.

Are we sure that Doomsday Clock actually has an endgame in mind or are the writers just making things up as they go along,hoping that whatever they throw together makes sense?

If they do another Crisis, they should use it to create an "Ultimate DC" line. It was popular enough for Marvel for years.

But seriously. Give us back everything we love about DC in the main universe. And have a separate universe where Batman is still training a 12 year old Dick Grayson, retelling characters history in ways both new and familiar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

Maybe they want the JSA and Legion established at the start of the new continuity(which should have happened in the first place)instead of awkwardly inserting them in the middle of an already confused continuity.

Bringing back Supes and Bats child free would be a bad idea. Too many characters from both the Bat and Super family got shafted,no need to add more. Fix the ones who were shafted and use them better.