Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Too many events.

Ooh great.
    *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As a Superman fan, there actually ended up being very few things about Rebirth that I preferred over the New 52 (frankly the only thing I can think of is the post-Reborn costume), but even so I don't see how you get away with this again. I wouldn't miss Jon. Hell just the idea of him leaving might compel me to do a happy dance, I think his creation was ridiculous and he's mostly been a Mary Sue since his induction. But that's a personal preference. The longer game isn't all about me, and you ask what is the cost? Another total reboot when you haven't even gotten things straightened out from this latest reshuffle? I mean damn, why even have a continuity at all. There are other options here. To not consider them is just beyond me. Their all or nothing approach is so maddening.
    Suddenly, i’m seeing a limited shelf life for damian’s teen titans.

Astonishing Member

I can believe the rumour that DC are planning another CRISIS event. I mean, the current books seem to be leading to such a storyline. However I don't think it would be a total "Reboot." If anything it will most likely be similar to ZERO HOUR and INFINITE CRISIS in that it will return familiar elements into current continuity. I just don't see DC going through all the trouble of having REBIRTH when they could have just kept going with the New52 (complete with an unmarried Superman and Batman.) Heck, they've spent almost 2 years reinstating a familiar status quo of a married Superman to just turn around and jettison it all again.

An event? Sure but a reboot? Sounds like bullcrap, it seems any and every event DC has is seem as a reboot for those who don't really know DC. I am going to wait for more details before wasting my time ranting about something that isn't really clear and it's 2 years from now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I can believe the rumour that DC are planning another CRISIS event. I mean, the current books seem to be leading to such a storyline. However I don't think it would be a total "Reboot." If anything it will most likely be similar to ZERO HOUR and INFINITE CRISIS in that it will return familiar elements into current continuity. I just don't see DC going through all the trouble of having REBIRTH when they could have just kept going with the New52 (complete with an unmarried Superman and Batman.) Heck, they've spent almost 2 years reinstating a familiar status quo of a married Superman to just turn around and jettison it all again.
    Basically my thoughts exactly.

Fantastic Member

It was all suspicious, doomsday's clock was never going to lead to anything but an excuse for another reboot. It's no surprise really, it's seems this is the only way for DC to boost sales short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I actually can believe all of it. Because it makes sense in the greater idea of a divide within the company of what could be considered "Geoff Johns' DCU", and "Dan Didio's DCU". They seem to have very starkly different ideas of what the universe should be like, and, instead of co-existing it seems almost like a pattern where for one period one guy will get to do his thing, then the next period the other guy moves up and gets to do his thing. From a practical standpoint I agree it makes little sense but in the way those in power work? It would seem to fit the pattern.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Αnd what about the whole Doomsday Clock thing? Just another gimmick?

Who knows. At this point who knows if what it was supposed to be hasn't outright changed. It wouldn't be the first time. I genuinely would not be surprised if Doomsday Clock ends with no clarifications or even resolutions at this point to the missing ten years. I really wouldn't.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    It was all suspicious, doomsday's clock was never going to lead to anything but an excuse for another reboot. It's no surprise really, it's seems this is the only way for DC to boost sales short term.
    Or perhaps it's another case of Flashpoint were the original story's ending is going to be rewritten as a lead in to this Crisis event/reboot instead of being as it was originally intended.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Current continuity is a mess and I imagine it will still be a mess even after another Crisis event. A perfectly streamlined continuity that explains everything properly is never going to happen.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I actually can believe all of it. Because it makes sense in the greater idea of a divide within the company of what could be considered "Geoff Johns' DCU", and "Dan Didio's DCU". They seem to have very starkly different ideas of what the universe should be like, and, instead of co-existing it seems almost like a pattern where for one period one guy will get to do his thing, then the next period the other guy moves up and gets to do his thing. From a practical standpoint I agree it makes little sense but in the way those in power work? It would seem to fit the pattern.
    They really should just let Didio have control of some kind of Ultimates U and let Johns have control over the mainline U. Then both sides can do as they like and fans can read from whichever U suits them best or from both for that matter. That seems to be an easy solution to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Believe you me, preaching to the choir. I've been wanting them to do that since the New 52 ended when I realized there were successful and popular elements to it that didn't fit the return of the old continuity that could easily be explored elsewhere in a separate timeline.

To date, however, DC has shown no interest. It is my hope this will change. Hell they're currently employing the guy who basically started Marvel's version. Maybe he could talk them into it. Or maybe he already has.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Or perhaps it's another case of Flashpoint were the original story's ending is going to be rewritten as a lead in to this Crisis event/reboot instead of being as it was originally intended.
    Yeah, that too