Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Someone asked Paul Ryan a few weeks ago if he were leaving Congress, and he said no. It was true, but he was trying to control the narrative.

Rich Johnston obviously has some high-up sources. Maybe Crisis is not a full-blown reboot, which means Lee can say his tweet was accurate, but it might affect some properties. Like Batman and Green Lantern, which dodged the reboot of the New 52.
    Batman was affected. The Robins' timeline was compressed and Steph and Cass were stripped of their Batgirl legacy. It just didn't have it's storylines interrupted - causing some retconning.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Meh. It seems like people just want this to be true. They want someone to blame and point fingers at. You'll have to forgive me for not being on the Didio & Lee hate train like most. If he says it's a rumor, then that's that.
    To be fair, it IS a rumor until it's proven to be true or false. My take is, it's early and DC might have a plan to be doing this, but the details about marriage seem too firm to be believable. Also, with all of the multiversal shuffling between DoomsdayClock, Metal, and Flashpoint, 2020 still sounds way too soon to be planning a reboot.

But it certainly has gotten our attention, hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Someone asked Paul Ryan a few weeks ago if he were leaving Congress, and he said no. It was true, but he was trying to control the narrative.

Rich Johnston obviously has some high-up sources. Maybe Crisis is not a full-blown reboot, which means Lee can say his tweet was accurate, but it might affect some properties. Like Batman and Green Lantern, which dodged the reboot of the New 52.
    I don’t read green lantern, so i’m wondering what would need to be rebooted.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    To be fair, it IS a rumor until it's proven to be true or false. My take is, it's early and DC might have a plan to be doing this, but the details about marriage seem too firm to be believable. Also, with all of the multiversal shuffling between DoomsdayClock, Metal, and Flashpoint, 2020 still sounds way too soon to be planning a reboot.

Lee's tweet is confirmation. I'm more inclined to believe a higher up at DC rather than whatever a bleeding cool is. Why would he tweet that then? Rumors have no merit to them at all. Literally anyone can start a rumor and it catches on like wildfire.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Perhaps this "Crisis" event is what "Doomsday Clock" is counting down to?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

To play devil's advocate, you'd tweet a denial because you wouldn't want the story to start gaining a life of its own out of your control. If the leak is true. And frankly I tend to believe at the very least the rumor is true in that they've heard rumblings of plans, as they've been right way more often than not when scooping DC in this way.

But, that's just me. I'm not going to try and convince anyone to not take Lee's word for it who wants to. Its not like I can prove it beyond my own gut. Its not my rumor to defend, at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-11-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Lee's tweet is confirmation. I'm more inclined to believe a higher up at DC rather than whatever a bleeding cool is. Why would he tweet that then? Rumors have no merit to them at all. Literally anyone can start a rumor and it catches on like wildfire.
    I'm not so convinced. A company denying a rumor is sometimes done even when the rumor is true.

Fantastic Member

But notice what Lee said he said that there is not going to a reboot. A Crisis and a reboot are two different things. There can still be a Crisis but in the vein of Metal or Infinite Crisis where a concept or characters return to continuity. Not be removed from it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

Not in a good way.

IF this mess is true guess what gets HURT FIRST..... Every single book between now and 2020.

No fan in their RIGHT mind is going to buy a DC book knowing that story will get tossed in a scorch Earth reboot. How will you get new readers for guys like Duke or Terrifics or Flash knowing those stories might not matter.

You'll have to forgive me for not being on the Didio & Lee hate train like most.
    When Lee & Dan stop doing things to be on that train-you will see it end.

If SOMETHING is wrong with Hawkman-fix Hawkman. Not ruin others who had no issues like Jaime & Static before New 52.

I don't NEED 50 different version of Batman and Joker falling in love.

Or a restart of Justice League to shoe horn a castrated black man to claim diversity.

How about we work on new stories? Invest in building up folks so we don't have to rely on Batman to give us stuff. Find SOMEONE who can write Teen Titans. Find an editor who can stop offensive introductions of guys like Wally West.
    Find someone who will tell Johns-you can't hold franchises hostage and allow others to use them. Find someone who likes Lanterns not named Hal. Find some to get books to sell without tossing Batman in them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    To play devil's advocate, you'd tweet a denial because you wouldn't want the story to start gaining a life of its own out of your control. If the leak is true. And frankly I tend to believe at the very least the rumor is true in that they've heard rumblings of plans, as they've been right way more often than not when scooping DC in this way.

But, that's just me. I'm not going to try and convince anyone to not take Lee's word for it who wants to. Its not like I can prove it beyond my own gut. Its not my rumor to defend, at the end of the day.
    It's DC's. And they better believe STORE OWNERS are going want answers. Before they order books that might end up with lower sales thanks to that rumor.

Me, I’ll wait until 2020.

Hopefully we’ll have an answer by then.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Me, I’ll wait until 2020.
    I still have to decide if it's worth waiting that long . . .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Whoever told them this will probably lose their job!
    Assassinate Putin!

Snyder’s been mentioning that he has a two year plan for Justice League. Maybe it leads to this?

Regardless, I’m sure whatever happens will cause a lot of people to get angry and I will be sure to have my popcorn ready.

2020, I'll call b.s for now. These cats have proven they don't think that far ahead