Default Favreau's new show to be set seven years after Endor

Kind of curious what it'll feature. At this point in Disney's canon, the New Republic is around, the Empire is no longer a threat, the First Order is just really getting started, and Ben hasn't gone dark side yet, and he's young and presumably still with his parents. Luke I'm guessing is probably just collecting Jedi relics or something.

In the old legends timeline this is the year that Luke began to rebuild the Jedi Order, however I can't quite see that happening unless they somehow recast a younger post-ROTJ Luke. When Lucas was considering his own live-action show, it's said that he was thinking of shows like The Wire....perhaps like Lucas intended, maybe we'll get a sort of Star Wars Crime Drama, which, while an element of the films (Certainly with Han's past), was never really their focus (Although I imagine Solo will deal a bit with it).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious what it'll feature. At this point in Disney's canon, the New Republic is around, the Empire is no longer a threat, the First Order is just really getting started, and Ben hasn't gone dark side yet, and he's young and presumably still with his parents. Luke I'm guessing is probably just collecting Jedi relics or something.

In the old legends timeline this is the year that Luke began to rebuild the Jedi Order, however I can't quite see that happening unless they somehow recast a younger post-ROTJ Luke. When Lucas was considering his own live-action show, it's said that he was thinking of shows like The Wire....perhaps like Lucas intended, maybe we'll get a sort of Star Wars Crime Drama, which, while an element of the films (Certainly with Han's past), was never really their focus (Although I imagine Solo will deal a bit with it).
    ... isn't this the Resistance show?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Nope-this is a different project headed by Jon Favreau. Although I wouldn't rule out a young Poe Dameron appearing...this is, after all, within the same time period where his mother died; maybe that'll come into play somehow.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-11-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Nope-this is a different project headed by Jon Favreau. Although I wouldn't rule out a young Poe Dameron appearing...this is, after all, within the same time period where his mother died; maybe that'll come into play somehow.
    I read up on it. It's supposed to be all new characters.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

One of the things I liked about the Bloodlines novel was the conflict between the Centrists (those who wanted a stronger galactic government) versus the Populists (those who preferred a less centralized government), so I'm kind of hoping the show tackles that as one of its plot lines.

EDIT: Turns out the series is actually taking place 7 years after the Battle of Yavin and not Endor.

(Favreau says so at 1:38)
    Last edited by Charmed; 05-11-2018 at 11:07 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I like that it will be all new characters. Having a clean slate to work with and working in areas of the Star Wars Universe we haven't seen could make for a really good show.

BANNED

Great. Looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to all the conspiracy threads about who the new character are really and who they are secretly related to and which of them are really Rey's parents.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Great. Looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to all the conspiracy threads about who the new character are really and who they are secretly related to and which of them are really Rey's parents.
    i just want some regular Resistance dudes and girls that got skills. So tired of everyone being uber important. Ezra would not had been diminished if he was just a regular Jedi who never contacts Yoda.

Sounds good, let's get it rolling.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

iMan 42s

Timeline makes sense. You got to imagine that Lucasfilm has a ton of Stormtrooper costumes left over by now (Solo, Rogue One) so it makes filming Imperial remnants easy. That being said unless Disney is pretty hands on with this, I'm expecting an Agents of Shield style of filming. That's not a negative by any means but I'll definitely be looking for things they reuse among the show like in the films.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Timeline makes sense. You got to imagine that Lucasfilm has a ton of Stormtrooper costumes left over by now (Solo, Rogue One) so it makes filming Imperial remnants easy. That being said unless Disney is pretty hands on with this, I'm expecting an Agents of Shield style of filming. That's not a negative by any means but I'll definitely be looking for things they reuse among the show like in the films.
    What exactly is an "Agents of Shield style" of filming?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What exactly is an "Agents of Shield style" of filming?
    To not be pedantic I mean it like it's likely going to be shot like Agents of Shield. AOS has a style to it, but the style of filmmaking the show will likely possess is likely going to mirror what is on Disney's own network.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

If they do use the Empire in some form, maybe it'll be something like some of the post-ROTJ "Legends" EU; basically, while the centralized part of the Empire was mostly gone (Although Thrawn and later Palleon still sort of had some kind of structure in place, although Thrawn also had his own side project in the unknown regions), there were certain admirals/moffs who pretty much did their own thing as warlords, and might still be around here and there-although by the time of the sequel trilogy the Republic apparently feels secure enough that they've largely 'demilitarized' and given their more outdated ships to the resistance or keep them close to home (Hux seems to state that the starkiller will destroy their "Cherished fleet, and we do see some ships orbiting Hosnian).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    To not be pedantic I mean it like it's likely going to be shot like Agents of Shield. AOS has a style to it, but the style of filmmaking the show will likely possess is likely going to mirror what is on Disney's own network.
    Can you tell us what the characteristics of this style are and how it is different from normal? Because that's not really an answer.

Thought I'd bump this, some set photos have surfaced.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/09/e...rn-california/

Kind of looks like your typical Star Wars run-down city.